Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,444 members, 7,917,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:58 AM

Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan (258 Views)

Vatican Banishes Archbishop Who Branded Pope Francis Servant Of Satan / Any Advice For A Former Catholic Turned Christian?(am 18) / Former Catholic Reverend Sister Weds A Policeman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by Bubu4Sea: 5:06pm On Jun 21
Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan
Vatican charges pope critic Carlo Maria Viganò with the crime of schism
Viganò, who once called for the resignation of Pope Francis, is a former Vatican ambassador to the U.S. and the pope’s most ardent internal critic.

ROME — He has called Pope Francis a liberal “servant of Satan” and once suggested the Vatican’s Swiss Guards arrest the 87-year-old pontiff. Now, after receiving years of withering verbal attacks, Francis appears to have struck back against Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, the former Vatican ambassador to the United States and the pope’s most ardent internal critic.
The Vatican’s disciplinary body, the Dicastery of the Doctrine of the Faith, issued a formal decree, made public by Viganò on Thursday, assigning the senior cleric to a penal canon trial. The charges: the “crime of schism” and “denial of the legitimacy of Pope Francis.”
Such trials are exceedingly rare, and the move underscores a recent effort by the Vatican to take more formal action against a gaggle of archconservatives who have sought to undermine Francis’s papacy from the inside. Conviction could lead to Viganò’s defrocking and excommunication, ending the long career of the 83-year-old Italian cleric who has emerged as the leading symbol of a traditionalist resistance to a papacy perceived by him as wildly liberal.
Viganò, a diminutive firebrand who delivers stinging missives on X and the conservative U.S. outlet LifeSiteNews, said in a statement that he saw the “accusations against me as an honor.” In his comments, Viganò — who has vowed to create a seminary free of Vatican interference — referred to Francis as he always does, eschewing his official title and using his name before he was pope: Jorge Mario Bergoglio.
“It is no coincidence that the accusation against me concerns the questioning of the legitimacy of Jorge Mario Bergoglio and … the ideological, theological, moral, and liturgical cancer of which the Bergoglian “synodal church” is the necessary metastasis,” Viganò wrote.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2024/06/20/vigano-schism-pope-francis/
https://archive.ph/Cq1u7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cIHLArJcBs

Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by StillDtruth: 5:13pm On Jun 21
E never talk the Truth finish!

Catholic church like jw, is a servant of Satan!

3 Likes

Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by oteneaaron(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21
Hahahahahaha

The Catholic Church are masters at demonizing critics of the Pope.

Now we can see where Jehovah's Witnesses borrowed their shunning of "apostates" from.

Lol.

The cardinal is now being demonized just because he dared to accuse the Pope of wrongdoing.

No matter the religion, once you dare go against the leadership, you're automatically demonized.

2 Likes

Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:53pm On Jun 21
If i'm fully convinced that the spiritual head of my religion is working for Satan the next thing should be to switch to a better performing group nah.
There's no sense in calling names because his or her own friends will never ever abandon him no matter what i think, say or do.
So instead of wasting my precious time going about accusing him or his friends/followers the best thing is to find my own way.
Forward ever backward never! smiley

1 Like

Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by Nawa4nl: 8:33pm On Jun 21
The Vatican na one of the seats of satan.

1 Like

Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by Cassandraloius: 11:31pm On Jun 21
Na una business.
Re: Former Catholic Cardinal Calls Pope Servant Of Satan by Bubu4Sea: 4:32pm On Jun 22
Nawa4nl:
The Vatican na one of the seats of satan.
True talk

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Have Prayed Long Enough...now Get Your Anwser On Luvc / "God Is Jealous." / Become New

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.