Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,356 members, 7,894,533 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:24 AM

Changing From 4WD To 2WD - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Changing From 4WD To 2WD (327 Views)

Replacing 2wd On A 4wd Highlander / Changing From 2009 Accord To 2006 Es 330 / Engine Oil: Changing From Total Synthetic To Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing From 4WD To 2WD by Aushykoya1: 6:11pm On Jun 21
Good day.

I bought a Lexus RX 300 jeep about three months ago from a known person. It has developed faults several times from oil leakage to horn and the likes. The one I'm currently facing now is changing the car from 4WD to 2WD. I drove it more than a week ago and discovered it was jerking and won't move without a loud noise from under the car as two heavy metals running on each other.
I could not drive it, had to tow it and placed it on neutral to avoid the noise and to aid smooth movement.
Now my mechanic said there are two solutions: either I buy another auxiliary, which he stated was the problem, or change to 2 Wheel Drive which involves removal of the auxiliary to avoid similar issues in the future.
I've attached to this post, the cost of everything I need as sent by the mechanic.
Please I need your advice on this.
Thanks

Re: Changing From 4WD To 2WD by Antihelminth: 8:54pm On Jun 21
For better resale value and all round driving Dynamics needed for a heavy SUV ..just replace the auxiliary shaft ..

If you're running away from costs and all that .buy the parts yourself and pay him to fix them

.I'm not sure it would be up to that amount ..
I know wetin we dey do sometimes
Re: Changing From 4WD To 2WD by Larwin(m): 3:28pm On Jun 22
Is auxiliary same as koko idi here In the west? If so, I think it should be around 250k. So no point going through the Hassel of changing to 2wd. Changing to 2WD will definitely devalued the suv.
Re: Changing From 4WD To 2WD by Whois(m): 3:32pm On Jun 23
Heard 4wd consumes more fuel than 2wd

(1) (Reply)

Clearing Agent At Your Service / 7 Good Reasons To Keep Up With Your Vehicle Maintenance Services / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.