Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,725 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) (46631 Views)

Rahmon Adedoyin ‘Enjoys VIP Treatment In Detention, Sleeps In Special Quarters’ / Nigerian Man Poisoned To Death By His Friend In Indonesia (Photos) / Nigerian Man Jumps Down From 30 Storey In Indonesia While Evading Police Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by lekanolas: 6:43pm On Jun 21
Some of the Nigerian immigrants were arrested in early 2020 for entering Indonesia without valid documents. Many had travelled to Indonesia as a jumping-off point hoping to eventually reach Australia by boat.

Thousands of refugees in Indonesia have spent years awaiting resettlement. Their future is unclear

UNHCR Indonesia says more than 12,000 individuals from 40 countries in the country are listed as refugees under Indonesian law, most of them from Afghanistan.

Photo Description: Detainees from Nigeria stand inside their cell at Tanjungpinang Central Immigration Detention Center on Bintan Island, Indonesia. (AP Photo/Dita Alangkara)

Officers check the health condition of a Nigerian detainee at Tanjungpinang Central Immigration Detention Center on Bintan Island, Indonesia. (AP Photo/Dita Alangkara)

https://apnews.com/article/indonesia-refugees-sudan-immigration-detention-center-b0bc00d0def8c3544c9251eef5a45a4f

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by aguluobi: 6:44pm On Jun 21
They should enjoy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Forder: 6:48pm On Jun 21
It's becoming all the time

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Tjra: 6:49pm On Jun 21
Some of the Nigerian immigrants were arrested in early 2020 for entering Indonesia without valid documents.

4 years and counting? shocked

If you want to migrate, do it legally.

Seeking asylum in Indonesia, no be lifetime punishment be that?

131 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Racoon(m): 6:49pm On Jun 21
As you made your bed should you lie on it. You violate the sovereignity of a country by entering it illegally makes you a economic and security threat. They should be dealt according to the laws of the nation. If you can do the crime, you do the time.

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by 2Radii: 6:58pm On Jun 21
Racoon:
As you made your bed should you lie on it. You violate the sovereignity of a country by entering it illegally makes you a economic and security threat. They should be dealt according to the laws of the nation. If you can do the crime, you do the time.

You didn't complete ur submissions bro...

U did not get to a paragraph to blame tinubu and his cohorts embarassed

109 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by RepoMan007: 7:00pm On Jun 21
See that man with grey hair. Only God knows his story like that.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by RepoMan007: 7:02pm On Jun 21
2Radii:

In all honesty, harsh conditions here contributed to this news. People wont run off if they feel that can have a better life here.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by madridguy(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21
Disgracing Nigeria passport here and there all the name of Japa.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Slytiger: 7:12pm On Jun 21
They were likely caught selling drugs on the street.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by CrushObituaries: 7:15pm On Jun 21
I thought it was for drug trafficking as usual by bitter grievingory Obi, I would have said they should be beating to death with sharp cutlasses, all those criminals giving Nigeria bad names

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Racoon(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21
2Radii:
You didn't complete ur submissions bro..U did not get to a paragraph to blame tinubu and his cohorts.
Now I will. When a country have a large swathes of its citizens illegally in another country, it is an indictment on their home government because the advantages their current country afforded them must be compelling except if such citizens are on social tourism( a leadership flop is a leading flop).

Buhari was projected by Tinubu as a reformist and democratic, but he ended up bastardizing this nation. Now Tinubu fraudulenly mount based on entitlement mentality and continued the woes, agony and misery. Then hopelessness sets in. Nigerians are hellbent on leaving this failed nation against all odds.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by ShinnBet: 7:27pm On Jun 21
RepoMan007:
In all honesty, harsh conditions here contributed to this news. People wont run off if they feel that can have a better life here.

Is that why your people are selling their children ?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Igbofirstson: 7:27pm On Jun 21
Nigeria failed them sad

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by PlayerMeji: 7:28pm On Jun 21
They represent the elite and upwardly mobile members of Zoogerians

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by MhisterJay(m): 7:30pm On Jun 21
Perhaps, some people that have been declared "missing" here, it is in similar or related situations like this they are.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by RepoMan007: 7:31pm On Jun 21
ShinnBet:

Is that why your people are selling their children ?
Who is your people?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by jumpandpas(m): 7:50pm On Jun 21
Racoon:

Don't believe everything these people said. My experience in Turkey.......

I was stopped by Turkish police personnel about 3 of them.
They demanded for my papers which I gave them. As as soon as I gave them my papers, one of them escaped with it while others held me for illegal entering.
I was bundled to their station in chains. Let me stop here for now

25 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by ATEAMS: 8:39pm On Jun 21
WOW... E long o
Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Jun 21
Wetin dem dey find for all these filthy shithole Asian countries sef,

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Idaytesj29(m): 8:52pm On Jun 21
jumpandpas:

Don't believe everything these people said. My experience in Turkey.......

I was stopped by Turkish police personnel about 3 of them.
They demanded for my papers which I gave them. As as soon as I gave them my papers, one of them escaped with it while others held me for illegal entering.
I was bundled to their station in chains. Let me stop here for now

Complete this story

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by CilicMarin: 8:54pm On Jun 21
2Radii:

Racoon? You don't know him..He will surely modify his comment to blame Tinubu, if it gets to the front page.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by 2Radii: 9:19pm On Jun 21
Racoon:
Now I will. When a country have a large swathes of its citizens illegally in another country, it is an indictment on their home government because the advantages their current country afforded them must be compelling except if such citizens are on social tourism( a leadership flop is a leading flop).

Buhari was projected by Tinubu as a reformist and democratic, but he ended up bastardizing this nation. Now Tinubu fraudulenly mount based on entitlement mentality and continued the woes, agony and misery. Then hopelessness sets in. Nigerians are hellbent on leaving this failed nation against all odds.
Ok, now do well to blame all the past govt both military and civilians to balance ur view

20 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by 2Radii: 9:21pm On Jun 21
RepoMan007:

There is no how ur country seems to enjoy, those who want to run would always find a reason to leave, reason why Americans, Britons and other developed countries citizens leave their countries to seek greener pastures somewhere else.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Languish In Detention Centers In Indonesia (photos) by Zico5(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21
How many of these people are in jail in those Asian countries. The wish to make it at all cost has destroyed many of these guys. How I wish Nigeria government can do something about the way these guys are tarnishing our image everywhere they go.

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kenyan Oldest Prisoner Finally Released From Jail At Age 87 (Photos) / Missing Ogun Poly Student Found Dead In Shrine / Retired Army Officer Killed In Benin By Her Security Guard And His Gang (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.