Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,294 members, 7,887,878 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:37 PM

My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries (637 Views)

Is this true About many other West African Countries when they apply for Visas? / Traveling through Lagos International Airport New Terminal|2022 Review And Tour / 2 Men Struggle To Carry Plus-Sized Lady On A Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Bbsharon(f): 8:44pm On Jun 21
Can we have a Borderless Africa ? Or maybe at least a Borderless West Africa? Is that asking for too much? I guess not.

Recently, I travelled through four(4)West African Countires including Nigeria and I tell you the border protocols is something I think we can do without for better integration and promoting Africa to the world through tourism.

It is something that is very achievable and doable and just needs to be implemented. As Africans we should be able to move and travel freely within our continents without all these restrictions put in place.

To make it worse is the amount being charged at these borders…there is a different amount charged if you are crossing a particular border for the first time. Even if you have been to the country before, it sadly does not count as I have been to Ghana before and I still had to part away with some money at the Aflao border to cross from Lome, Togo into Ghana.

The immigration officers there proudly told me being to Ghana before is nothing and what concerns them most is the fact that I’m crossing this particular border for the first time. I was told I have to pay the amount charged for a “virgin passport”, quite laughable I tell you. When I saw there was no way out as they were not even bothered nor flinching from their positions I just had to pay and leave.

To crown this atrocious act up they charge more at this particular border than at the Nigeria to Benin Republic border or the Benin to Togo border.

I believe we can do better for tourism purpose, for development purpose and for better integration within our continent.

Let us travel more without borders and promote every aspect of our lives, cultures, trades and arts to the world. Let the world see Africa, let them see us and who we are through our own very lens and not through the western media alone.

Let us be able to tell our own stories without holding back nor restrictions put in place.

cc: Lalasticlala mynd44 seun dominique

1 Share

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Bbsharon(f): 8:45pm On Jun 21
More Pictures…Do you think this is achievable? Please kindly Share your thoughts.

1 Share

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Iko5000: 8:48pm On Jun 21
Start with you country first , if it's not working in your country it will not work in Africa
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Bbsharon(f): 8:50pm On Jun 21
More Pictures

1 Share

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by RealityKings: 9:08pm On Jun 21
Nice to see you again first time this year

1 Like

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Cassandraloius: 9:15pm On Jun 21
You get money o. Welldone.
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by KashApp: 9:58pm On Jun 21
I really want to visit Ghana maybe for 3days. How much is tfare pls? I will go through Idi Iroko border. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Ever8090: 10:06pm On Jun 21
I eat eba last night, today morning, afternoon and evening the thing no gree digest again, na vomit I dey vomit since with severe headache,na that one be my problem now...
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by GeneralPula: 10:48pm On Jun 21
Ghana immigration no get joy..
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Bbsharon(f): 7:43am On Jun 22
Iko5000:
Start with you country first , if it's not working in your country it will not work in Africa

Borders within the country or ?

Cassandraloius:
You get money o. Welldone.
Thanks o grin

KashApp:
I really want to visit Ghana maybe for 3days. How much is tfare pls? I will go through Idi Iroko border. Thanks

I passed through the Seme Border and I didn’t use a direct bus going but on returning I followed ABC Transport from Accra Ghana to Nigeria for 75,000 Naira.

GeneralPula:
Ghana immigration no get joy..

They were so mean and ruthless.
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by KashApp: 8:03am On Jun 22
Bbsharon:

Thanks o grin

I passed through the Seme Border and I didn’t use a direct bus going but on returning I followed ABC Transport from Accra Ghana to Nigeria for 75,000 Naira.

Thanks!!
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by lordm(m): 10:06am On Jun 22
Travelling without border has brought terrorism to Nigeria as well. There should be checks and balances in all

3 Likes

Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by itoghor0007(m): 8:42am On Jun 23
KashApp:
Thanks!!

If you have your ecowas passport will you still that amount
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by itoghor0007(m): 8:46am On Jun 23
And i have been planning to travel to Botswana by border That means i will have to hold my pocket strong
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by KashApp: 8:47am On Jun 23
itoghor0007:

If you have your ecowas passport will you still that amount
Edit your post pls... I don't understand this
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by itoghor0007(m): 8:54am On Jun 23
[quote author=Bbsharon post=130599509]

Thanks o grin

But how much to ghana if i have my passport because am going to botswan
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by itoghor0007(m): 9:16am On Jun 23
KashApp:
Edit your post pls... I don't understand this
What i mean is that if you have your ecowas passport will you still pay the 75k
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Monwase: 9:17am On Jun 23
Did you just say Botswana?🤔🤔🤐
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by KashApp: 9:28am On Jun 23
itoghor0007:

What i mean is that if you have your ecowas passport will you still pay the 75k
Okay... I have my passport. The money is for tfare not monies requested at the borders.
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Bbsharon(f): 10:10am On Jun 23
[quote author=itoghor0007 post=130615489][/quote]
About same price or you can check ABC or GIGM websites to get more accurate information.
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Dyingdebtor: 2:10pm On Jul 07
Bbsharon:

Thanks o grin

I experienced the same thing just 2 weeks ago but I took my stand Tha I wasn't going to pay, thy delayed me for like 1 hour, when one senior official came out I approached him and explained to him, he said it's normal to pay but then he asked them to stamp my passport without paying....
Re: My Border Struggle Traveling Through 4 West African Countries by Dyingdebtor: 2:12pm On Jul 07
Bbsharon:
More Pictures

Longest time Demi.... Is the travel WhatsApp group still functional?

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian City Do You Like Most / Int`l Passport At Ease / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.