Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,897 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" (16578 Views)

Senate Confirms Balarabe Abbas, Olawande Ayodele & Jamila Bio As Ministers / President Tinubu Appoints Jamila Bio And Ayodele Olawande As Minister Of Youths / Fact Check: Does 1 LGA In Kano State Has More Voting Power Than Southeast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by AngelGabbyShara(m): 7:56am On Jun 22
*Olawande visits Ilaje Fish Market, says '1 LGA, 1 Product' 'll harness the comparative advantage in local communities for job creation*

Minister of State for Youth Development, Ayodele Olawande, said the '1 LGA, 1 Product' initiative is aimed at advancing the most dominant economic activity in each local government area to create jobs and sustainable livelihood, especially for economically active youth at the grassroots.

The Minister stated this on Friday when he paid a working visit to one of the biggest fish markets in Nigeria situated in Ilaje, Ondo State.

Received by the Founder/Managing Director of OjajaMoore, Ambassador Orioye Benedict Gbayisemore, who is also the founder of the market, the Minister appraised the huge potential of the market and applauded the founder for his foresight.

Olawande, who could not hide his excitement with the level of economic activities going on in the market and the number of youth engaged, said he was proud that his vision to reduce youth unemployment, especially at the grassroots, is already taking root in Ondo State.

"I'm proud this is happening in Ondo. I believe, firmly, that we cannot address unemployment by simply driving interventions in the urban centers alone, which in most cases benefit only the educated formal youth. I believe we must do our utmost to carry the informal youth in our local communities along by factoring them into all our job creation plans," Olawande said.

He added, "Almost all our local government areas have one outstanding product or economic mainstay. We must harness the peculiar and comparative economic activity in each local government area to create jobs, which is the thinking behind the '1 LGA, 1 Product' initiative."

The Minister, thereafter, assured of his commitment to facilitating the required support and collaborations that would improve the productive capacity of Ilaje Fish market and enable it to fully take advantage of the surging protein demand in Nigeria and across Africa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Kenochi(m): 8:11am On Jun 22
This initiative if properly harnessed has the capacity to create wealth across board
I encourage the minister of youth to go a step forward by listing all the LGAs and products which each one can work on
Nigeria is blessed and this type of concept should be driven in collaboration with state and LGAs
But something tells me this is just another opportunity to create noise and little action

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by mustbewell: 7:50am On Jun 23
Fisherman
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Always82: 7:51am On Jun 23
Nigeria and ideas.
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by NLSOFTWorld: 7:52am On Jun 23
Nice one and more wins to the fishermen
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by RAND250: 7:53am On Jun 23
AngelGabbyShara:

*Olawande visits Ilaje Fish Market, says '1 LGA, 1 Product' 'll harness the comparative advantage in local communities for job creation*

Good one but why always west and northern state

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by StreetFight: 7:53am On Jun 23
Okay nah
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by OBTMOS(m): 7:54am On Jun 23
Noniblaq1:
Omo as we speak, almost all the boutique owners in Abuja don Dey vex for me, because say I slash down the prizes of all my clothings.

With only 16k, you get quality outfit for my store, we deliver Nationwide with free delivery. see my profile topic if interested
Address
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Victerica(m): 7:55am On Jun 23
Nigeria's case is likened to the story in 'Animal Farm' by George Orwell.

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Pemisire2020(m): 7:55am On Jun 23
turmacs:
Look a their black useless faces. Bunch of selfish idiots and pretenders are all I see.
Must you always insult people ?

5 Likes

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by CyberHolarex: 7:56am On Jun 23
Fishery can be another source of income for Nigeria. But they don't know how to harness it for revenue.

Developed countries will take their ship to African waters to harvest schools of fishes and take back to their country, packaged it and sell back to us in cans, and containers.

But we only depend on crude oil for survivability. What a shame!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by helinues: 7:56am On Jun 23
Good initiative

Even though it be like he is just waking up from a coma
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by mrvitalis(m): 7:57am On Jun 23
My maternal grand mothers village... Nice one been while sha

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by SatoshiX: 7:58am On Jun 23
All these ineffective ministers. This one that has been invisible after more than a year of appointment.

2 Likes

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by mrvitalis(m): 7:58am On Jun 23
CyberHolarex:
Fishery can be another source of income for Nigeria. But they don't know how to harness it for revenue.

Developed countries will take their ship to African waters to harvest schools of fishes and take back to their country, packaged it and sell back to us in cans, and containers.

But we only depend on crude oil for survivability. What a shame!
So u mean government should tax fishermen?

How exactly would Nigeria earn revenue from fishing please
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by AntiChristian: 7:58am On Jun 23
We can package and repackage fish and other crustaceans for export!

There are many Nigerian markets outside from USA, UK to Brazil, etc.

Let each LG promote develop one product!

When the court case of FG vs State government on LG autonomy becomes successful, all these groundworks will become more prominent!

1 Like

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by muyico(m): 8:00am On Jun 23
OK
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:01am On Jun 23
I don't know why I think the guy in the 1st picture operating the machine is portable.

Nice concepts, if only d leaders can have brains and converts their useless SUV to empowering the masses.
That way all men can socialize together without fear of insecurity
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by bluebay(m): 8:04am On Jun 23
turmacs:
Look a their black useless faces. Bunch of selfish idiots and pretenders are all I see. After over 6 decades of independence, you people are still living like cavemen while some serious countries that gained independence after you are now first and second world countries, having the same or even lower GDP with a population that is nothing compared to what you people have. Bunch of idiots. Just look at their disgusting faces. Look at the nonsense that they are still discussing in the 21st century. May those useless and dead gods you people claim to serve strike anyone of you that will compare your dirty, black, animalistic and primitive selves to South Africa or call yourselves "Giant of Africa" again, because the last time I checked, South Africa is the only country in this God forsaken Continent that is not a third world country. We have a higher population than them, we have a higher GDP than them but just look at how you people are still fooling yourselves in the 21st century.
Try seeing n atom og good thing in anything pu cow across.or else put bitterness will make you mis great opportunity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by CyberHolarex: 8:04am On Jun 23
mrvitalis:

So u mean government should tax fishermen?

How exactly would Nigeria earn revenue from fishing please

If government will not earn why are they suddenly there?
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Sirseedorf(m): 8:04am On Jun 23
I like eating fish, i wish am close the market area...
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by CooldipoMPS: 8:06am On Jun 23
cool
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by CHIDINMALOVE: 8:11am On Jun 23
This is a great thought...... Entertainment and culture will be our own input...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1Z07GmtUM?si=itkwhkrqSMpFTsn9
Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by mrvitalis(m): 8:12am On Jun 23
CyberHolarex:

If government will not earn why are they suddenly there?
APC government looks like People who has sense? They are just there for show probably he is from Ondo... Nothing come out here

In the right sense what government should do like Peter obi said is

1) you invest in these people
By a) getting them to form cooperatives of 50 people each...
b) then you invest in them by providing credit facilities in the forms of soft loans

To buy trawlers to increase fishing capacity and processing facilities... Say 20 million dollars to 20 cooperatives

c) then you tax them based on their revenue and profit

You invest then pull them into the tax net:- Peter Obi (2022 )

3 Likes

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by Iamgrey5(m): 9:16am On Jun 23
mrvitalis:
My maternal grand mothers village... Nice one been while sha
Aren't you igbo again?

2 Likes

Re: Ayodele Olawande Visits Ilaje Fish Market, Promotes "1 LGA, 1 Product" by pak: 9:24am On Jun 23
Memories
30+ years ago, my father left everything in Lagos behind and invested all he had in Fish processing for exports in Ilaje.

One of his biggest mistakes, he never fully recovered

I wish the new crop well

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

43 Spare Parts’ Shops, Closed & Traders Arrested In Lagos / Nigerians Protest In Germany Over Fulani Herdsmen Attack In Enugu. Photos / If I Stop Talking, Nigerians Will Suffer – Fayose Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.