Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,358 members, 7,888,140 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:17 PM

Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies (20426 Views)

Mr. Ibu: Bukola Saraki Foundation Clears Bills Of Ailing Actor / “DJ Cuppy Didn’t Pay Zlatan Ibile For His Services” - Israel DMW Reveals / Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by alphonsojaybaz: 12:22pm On Jun 22
The University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital, or UPTH, refutes rumors that, during a recent visit, famous singer Burna Boy paid for all of the patients’ medical expenses.

Recall that the musician gained notoriety a few days ago for his altruistic deeds in Port Harcourt, which included covering medical expenses, giving out food, buying lunch at a well-known market for N4M, and more.
Contrary to reports that he paid all outstanding debts, the hospital made it clear that Burna Boy only covered the expenses of certain patients.

This statement was provided in response to news reports and blogs earlier this week claiming that Burna Boy had covered all of the victims’ hospital fees.

In a statement issued in Port Harcourt on Friday, the institution’s spokeswoman, Elabha Meni, explained this while praising the singer’s kind heart.

“We commend Burna Boy’s kindness in financially assisting select patients in our hospital to offset their bills during his visit on June 11.

“However, contrary to reports stating that all patients’ bills in UPTH were paid during the visit, only selected patients received cash gifts or donations.

“The hospital did not receive direct payments from the musician and his team on behalf of patients to support this worthy course of reducing healthcare costs,” Meni stated.

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/06/22/burna-boy-didnt-pay-medical-bills-of-all-patients-upth-clarifies/

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by ElevationD: 12:28pm On Jun 22
That’s alright. A gift from the heart. The show of love. For those who could not go home because of their bills, he removed their shame. For those who only had a part of their bills, he removed their shame. He saved lives of those who could not afford the cost of the drugs. He did very well.

Thank you very much @Burna boy.

106 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Exousiang01(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22
Believe Celebrities and politicians at your risk

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Objectivist04: 1:30pm On Jun 22
I said it here that there is no way he can pay for medical bill of all the patients in a large hospital like UNIPORT Teaching hospital but some slow and dumb people here didn't believe me.,

Even Dangote go hear am if he pays the medical bill for all the patients in such a big hospital.

160 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Autodidact1: 2:29pm On Jun 22
Objectivist04:
I said it here that there is no way he can pay for medical bill of all the patients in a large hospital like UNIPORT Teaching hospital but some slow and dumb people here didn't believe me.,

Even Dangote go hear am if he pays the medical bill for all the patients in such a big hospital.
That would be running into billions

70 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by banku: 2:37pm On Jun 22
I do not care about Burma Boy.

Does he have to cover all bills. The more you do, the more they want.

You can never satisfy greed, ingrates and instantaneous gratification that only exists in their "paradise abroad".

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Objectivist04: 2:49pm On Jun 22
Autodidact1:

That would be running into billions
Of course, you know how much ordinary CS cost talk more of those that under went organ transplant,
Some patients have their medical bills running into several millions of naira.
It will really cost him billions given that there can't be less than 500 patients in the entire hospital

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by princepeter566: 2:50pm On Jun 22
Even if na one patient. Buna boy still try.
God bless him

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Melagros(m): 2:55pm On Jun 22
COMRADES, right from the beginning we knew that the report was a lie to boost the status of Burnaboy

Another breaking news now is a wedding ring which cost 1.7b

Haba, Nigerian celebrities make una dey lie small small abeg

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by VOsimhen144(m): 8:14am On Jun 23
Celebrities and fake life be like..

17 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Freshfish4: 8:14am On Jun 23
Bloggers on the beat

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by PortHarcourtcit(m): 8:14am On Jun 23
G
Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by popcykaylah(m): 8:15am On Jun 23
Objectivist04:

Have you ever paid someone's transportation fare before let alone hospital bills .. try if you fit run one!

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Meedon: 8:15am On Jun 23
Why Tell Us
Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by victorVIC1(m): 8:15am On Jun 23
The problem with Nigerians is we react without verification. Same way some people have started reacting above without verifying if Burna made this claim. Burna never said he cleared the bills of patient in the hospital. Bloggers were the ones that circulated the report

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:15am On Jun 23
Did burna boy come out publicly to say he did?
Is it not our yeye bloggers with their yeye news that said so

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Ebigwei007: 8:15am On Jun 23
Hmmm, what can i say

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Toluwanise247(m): 8:16am On Jun 23
He sha pay some? Let appreciate him for that …. I saw his video distributing food stuffs too….. some are spending their money on holiday and vacation and nobody can question them because is their money……. So leave it for burna

59 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by finallybusy: 8:16am On Jun 23
Poor people will always want you to do more than your ability. They will still complain after all is completed. The hardest people to satisfy are those in poverty.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Kobicove(m): 8:16am On Jun 23
Anyway if it was just the bills of 10 patients he paid then he has done well but it was necessary for the hospital to set the record straight undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Houseofglam7(f): 8:16am On Jun 23
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Jun 23
Melagros:
COMRADES, right from the beginning we knew that the report a lie to boost the status of Burnaboy

Another breaking news now is a wedding ring which cost 1.7b

Haba, Nigerian celebrities make una dey lie small small abeg

Wedding ring 1.7billion? grin

Yeyebrities and lies are like 5 & 6 grin

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Matheusmartin: 8:19am On Jun 23
Simply setting the record straight.

Before patients begin para say, "I thought Burna boy has settled my bills"...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Henryfocoyo(m): 8:22am On Jun 23
VOsimhen144:
Celebrities and fake life be like..
where is the fake life here bruh, is it possible to pay all the whole patients bills there.
If I do 99% good e go remain one
That's life for you bruh you can't satisfy everybody

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by CooldipoMPS: 8:23am On Jun 23
shocked
Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by ravensckar(m): 8:23am On Jun 23
alphonsojaybaz:

Recall that the musician gained [/b]notoriety[b] a few days ago for his altruistic deeds in Port Harcourt, which included covering medical expenses....
Nigerian bloggers need to start doing better. If you guys type, it's always with wrong grammatical expressions. If you guys do voice over, it's even worse. Hian? How can somebody gain notoriety for doing a good deed? angry angry angry

Meanwhile, Nigerian celebrities self na another case study. Fake life is you people's birthright. Burna Boy cleared the hospital bills of all patients. Davido's wedding ring can buy 3 ROYCE ROLLS. Zlatan started his company with 72 Billion Naira. Make una take suffery suffery dey lie nau. cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Benwems(m): 8:24am On Jun 23
Objectivist04:

Dangote wouldn't hear it bur burna will. it will go into billions..Maybe 2-5 billion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Didn’t Pay Medical Bills Of All Patients – UPTH Clarifies by Kaybaba5(m): 8:24am On Jun 23
Fake life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Elendu Celebrates Chizzy, Her Daughter's 10th Birthday (Photos) / Stella Whyte Graduates From Word Of Faith Bible Institute / Chuks Omalicha And Wife Welcome Another Baby Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.