Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,607 members, 7,975,366 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:57 PM

Bankers in the house. Pls assist - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bankers in the house. Pls assist (381 Views)

Wema Bank Concludes Bankers-in-training Program, Employs 69 Graduates / Dilemma: Advise From Experienced Bankers Needed / How Much Do Bankers Earn In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Theguyisgood: 2:39pm On Jun 22
Hello everyone. I've got a question. This is majorly for bankers in the house.

So I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I got offers from both Stanbic IBTC and Wema bank and I don't know which to go for. The offer was to start training school after which when you pass, you become a full fledged staff of the bank.

There are lots of perks for the both banks
From what I heard.
Wema- heard their salary for an ET is 388k. They as well offer hybrid(only have to come thrice in a week) and lunch as well as other bonuses.

Stanbic- offers 511k for an ABO, (entry level staffs are given an ABO grade instead of the usual ET) there's staff bus and breakfast. No hybrid. There are as well other bonuses.

(Please note that I'm not 100% certain about the above.)

However my preference is not situated to just money. I want to know for career progression, which is better??

Also, there are some reservations I have about Wema, it's basically a bank built by Yorubas (I'm not a tribalist pls but it's just a factor one can't overlook). From their board of directors to the management, at least 95% of them are Yorubas.

Anyways. I'm just confused. Pls help. Thanks

I would want you guys to help me most especially people who are currently working there. I have just two days before I accept or reject the offer.

Your comments are appreciated.

Please Mod push this to front page.

(Also, I had to create a new account for this, didn't want to use my other account as I'm not so anonymous there)

Thank you. Available to answer all questions
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Theguyisgood: 2:40pm On Jun 22
Pls sorry about the errors. Was In a rush typing this
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by wizzyvibes: 3:43pm On Jun 22
Think you should go for Stanbic though. Stanbic is an international bank as compared to Wema. There are much more opportunities in Stanbic

1 Like

Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by perfri(m): 4:08pm On Jun 22
Go for Stanbic. From all you posted. STANBIC is better. Me wey dey find how I go take enter. Can I email you??
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Meerahbel: 4:11pm On Jun 22
Stanbic any day anytime, you will thank me later
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Theguyisgood: 4:39pm On Jun 22
Thank you. Any particular reason why??

Meerahbel:
Stanbic any day anytime, you will thank me later
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Meerahbel: 4:45pm On Jun 22
Theguyisgood:
Thank you. Any particular reason why??

Innovation plus career growth is fast

1 Like

Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Wayyde: 3:24am On Jul 17
Hey. Did you apply for stanbic in April 2024? Haven't gotten response from them
Re: Bankers in the house. Pls assist by Wayyde: 3:25am On Jul 17
Hey. Did you apply around April 2024? I haven't gotten any response from Stanbic

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Language / Best I Can Tellthey Are Thirty Five Hundred Year / Customer Service Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.