Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:05 AM

My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt (3369 Views)

I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test (part 2) / I Finally Took My Children For DNA Test / My Wife Has Turned My Children Against Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Gistmedia10: 2:46pm On Jun 22
An Italy-based Nigerian man has caused a stir on social media by claiming that his children receive a monthly allowance of one million Naira from the Italian government. The man shared his story in a viral video, highlighting the benefits his family enjoys living in Italy.

"In Italy, the welfare system is exceptional," he said. "My children receive one million Naira every month from the government. This support ensures they have access to quality education and a good standard of living."

This claim has sparked widespread interest and debate among Nigerians. Some praised the Italian welfare system, while others want the Nigerian government to emulate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjO6BnVOsKQ

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by RealityKings: 3:15pm On Jun 22
Does the Italian government spends naira?

19 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by slimfit1(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22
Nothing new Nigerian lawmakers are making more than that in a month your kids are not getting enough oh. That's how useless naira has become. Paying lawmakers reckless wages has caused inflation.

2 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by givedemwotowoto: 3:25pm On Jun 22
slimfit1:
Nothing new Nigerian lawmakers are making more than that in a month your kids are not getting enough oh.

He’s probably a poor person in Italy because government assistance usually comes with an income cap, so don’t compare him with politicians

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Slytiger: 3:36pm On Jun 22
Low income people get all sorts of benefit like subsidized bus/train tickets, higher child benefit payments, easy access to food banks, subsidized dental treatment e.t.c

And the tax payers pay heavily for it. That's where some of those 30% - 45% taken off from hard working people's pay cheque go to.

20 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Matheusmartin: 3:45pm On Jun 22
RealityKings:
Definitely naira equivalent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by helinues: 3:47pm On Jun 22
A friend who just arrived Canada said he is also receiving close to a million naira monthly pending till he finds a job.

Our politicians do travel to those countries, they have kids, friends and family there, but for them to replicate the same always hard for them to do

25 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by 1Sharon(f): 3:47pm On Jun 22
Him and his wife are probably not working.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Bardo: 3:48pm On Jun 22
Nigerians going to foreign countries for the sake of japa. Why do most Nigerians act with no plan? This man should be sent back for romanticizing being a tax burden

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by finallybusy: 4:05pm On Jun 22
Good to see that the Italian government pays them in Naira. It will make remitting the funds to their nation of origin seamless.
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by dododawa1: 4:07pm On Jun 22
lie mu-hammed

cousin
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by brain54(m): 4:24pm On Jun 22
Nigerian politicians especially...

And Nigerians generally never copy anything positive.

Even when they travel to these places!

2 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by PDJT: 4:36pm On Jun 22
1Sharon:
Him and his wife are probably not working.

-Child benefit is one of the in-work-benefits in the EU.

1 Like

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by TheChameleon: 4:44pm On Jun 22
grin

These kind of comments amuse me.

Nigerians pay tithes, go to Hajj. But when it comes to pay tax they will refuse.

The excuse is : after all, the FG is doing nothing but embezzling.

There's a point, YES Government is full of thieves. YES Government & lawmakers ensure their benefits are all well taken care of.

But the grim reality is that in developed countries from monarchy days... everyone is heavily taxed.

Oil income can't sufficiently cover for a welfare system.

Japa isn't the solution to the issues in Africa. We really need to look inwards. Japan and Germany rose from the ashes of near annihilation after World War II. See where they are today.

Africans still have to be told not to defecate in water sources for drinking & cooking. We have to be told not to vandalise public amenities e.g. Iron rods of bridges.

Leaders and followers need total reorientation.

I was shocked when I saw London, Mecca and Dubai for the first time in person and not on TV.

I wondered how our leaders go for vacation, go on Hajj and then return to say " this is how I will rule my own country".

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by ottersberger(m): 4:48pm On Jun 22
He and his wife probably don't work, he probably doesn't make enough money, blah, blah, blah.
Nigerians are some of the worst people in the world. Your morbidly corrupt government is busy stealing you blind while they live in opulence, but all you have to say about a responsible society where no one is left behind is garbage.

Some of you may not have eaten today as we speak. Tell me if you will not rush into a plane if it were to be made available to Italy. Jokers!

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Artscollection: 5:13pm On Jun 22
helinues:
A friend who just arrived Canada said he is also receiving close to a million naira monthly pending till he finds a job.

Our politicians do travel to those countries, they have kids, friends and family there, but for them to replicate the same always hard them to do

On what programme please nothing wey i no go hear 4 nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Slytiger: 5:25pm On Jun 22
Artscollection:

On what programme please nothing wey i no go hear 4 nairaland
I think the Canadian government pay extremely low income earners or those who can't find a job $500 or maybe $600 per child for benefit. I don't know the exact amount.

People with average or good income gets close to nothing. So someone with 2 kids who is considered low or zero income will be easily around 1 million naira. But then, they also spend in dollars.

Better to have a good job, earn good money, and get perhaps $50 per child, than be waiting on government handouts. The benefit is still poverty level in the abroad.

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by helinues: 5:38pm On Jun 22
Slytiger:

I think the Canadian government pay extremely low income earners or those who can't find a job $500 or maybe $600 per child for benefit. I don't know the exact amount.

People with average or good income gets close to nothing. So someone with 2 kids who is considered low or zero income will be easily around 1 million naira. But then, they also spend in dollars.

Better to have a good job, earn good money, and get perhaps $50 per child, than be waiting on government handouts. The benefit is still poverty level in the abroad.

Around CAD$700-$800

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Feldie: 6:16pm On Jun 22
helinues:

Our politicians do travel to those countries, they have kids, friends and family there, but for them to replicate the same always hard them to do
that's not feasible in Nigeria. There are more people in just 4 states in Nigeria than the whole of Italy, same with Canada. One aboki man planting sugarcane who gives birth to 17 children and his neighbors and brothers doing the same thing, how will government pay all those people?

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Gerhards: 6:22pm On Jun 22
Feldie:
that's not feasible in Nigeria. There are more people in just 4 states in Nigeria than the whole of Italy, same with Canada. One aboki man planting sugarcane who gives birth to 17 children and his neighbors and brothers doing the same thing, how will government pay all those people?

Let's join hand together to divide this country, it's a win win situation for everybody including those Abokis, they will never stop giving births like rats

5 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Feldie: 6:42pm On Jun 22
Gerhards:

Let's join hand together to divide this country, it's a win win situation for everybody including those Abokis, they will never stop giving births like rats
unfortunately, that will be difficult. The people who have the power to do it are well compensated. I guess that might be the reason senators, house of Reps, governors presidents etc all make so much money

3 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by SweepingBroom(f): 6:51pm On Jun 22
It makes a lot of difference and sense if your kids can earn in a good currency and not be afraid of the value depreciating. The naira is not in good shape at all

I think it's after conversion that it becomes 1 million. So I doubt the Italy government will pay the combination of 3 kids 628Euros in a month. I think the man's just trying trend.
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by AcadaWriter: 7:16pm On Jun 22

2 Likes

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by jom28gy(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22
It could be true?
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Okoroawusa: 7:23pm On Jun 22
Welfare benefits abroad are for the poor
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Bankowner: 10:13pm On Jun 22
RealityKings:
Biko!
Ask him o.
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by RealityKings: 10:19pm On Jun 22
Bankowner:

Biko!
Ask him o.

Oga mi. Stay blessed
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Bankowner: 10:29pm On Jun 22
helinues:

Our politicians do travel to those countries, they have kids, friends and family there, but for them to replicate the same always hard for them to do
Your friend's likely a refugee claimant.
Yeah, they get about $700 as OW in Ontario.
If he's staying in a shelter, he gets a little above $300. Shelter portion is deducted from the OW paid to him for the period he's in the shelter.
What you don't know is that a room costs as much as $700 to $850 monthly for rent.
Most refugee claimants here share a room so that their share of rent will be halved.
And then they have groceries, phone subscription, etc to take care of.
They are all paid for in CAD, not Naira.

1 Like

Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by helinues: 4:58am On Jun 23
Bankowner:

Your friend's likely a refugee claimant.
Yeah, they get about $700 as OW in Ontario.
If he's staying in a shelter, he gets a little above $300. Shelter portion is deducted from the OW paid to him for the period he's in the shelter.
What you don't know is that a room costs as much as $700 to $850 monthly for rent.
Most refugee claimants here share a room so that their share of rent will be halved.
And then they have groceries, phone subscription, etc to take care of.
They are all paid for in CAD, not Naira.

Too much of hatred dey send people to six feet below
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Houseontherock1: 6:05am On Jun 23
slimfit1:
Nothing new Nigerian lawmakers are making more than that in a month your kids are not getting enough oh. That's how useless naira has become. Paying lawmakers reckless wages has caused inflation.
The kids are getting as much as the government thinks they need for the very basics... it's not salary, it's children's check in support or something similar to support families who are less privileged.
Re: My Children Receive ₦1 Million Naira Monthly From The Italian Govt by Nicepoker(m): 6:24am On Jun 23
RealityKings:

Oga mi. Stay blessed
That should be the naira equivalent of what he is receiving in Italian euros.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Would A Married Man Be Doing On A Dating Site? / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries / My Husband Just Told Me Something About His NYSC Days And It's Making Me Sad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.