Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:49 PM

It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe (1547 Views)

House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board / Sylva Apologises To Buhari, Describes Supreme Court Verdict As Provocative / Invasion Of Asari’s Residence Provocative – IYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by LifestyleTonite: 2:56pm On Jun 22
Former presidential aide, Doyin Okupe, has said it is erroneous and provocative to declare that Lagos is no man’s land.

Okupe said this in reaction to a social media post by one Aare Kurunmi Kakanfo calling out a user of X social media platform, @jack_ng01, for calling Lagos a no man’s land. @jack_ng01 made the statement in the heat of debate concerning the interference of outsiders in the coming Edo Governorship election.

He shared, “What is this supposed to mean? You won’t see me get involved in any election that does not affect me directly. If it’s not Alaigbo, you can bet your money that I will be neutral. Maybe Lagos and Abuja because I consider both cities no man’s land.”

Vexed by the post, Aare Kurunmi Kakanfo stated that such comment shows a political agenda to conquer Lagos State.

He wrote, “This is what @Jack_ng01 wrote yesterday about Lagos state and the reason why Igbos must transfer their voting bloc from Igboland into Yorùbáland but the Igbos must stay away from Edo elections.

“To him as an Igbo youth, Lagos state is no man’s land therefore Igbos have the rights to take it over while Igbos must respect Edo state because it belongs to the Edo indigenous people.

“This ma:d man will later start lying that they did not call Lagos no man’s land and that there is no political agenda to use democracy to conquer Lagos state by Igbos as their 6th Igbo state in Nigeria.

“The agenda is real and the motion to try this is real. They are well funded and financed for this mission. That is why they are always eager to burn down Lagos state at any slight opportunity.

“Yoruba Ronu must go into our churches, mosques and every aspects of our lives. We must fight this mo:nsters economically and politically at any level. The era is civility is over. It is Yoruba First or nothing!!!!!

“This is what Peter Obi and Gbarebo Shinedu was all about. Using political power to wage a war of conquest against the Yoruba people.

“Yorubas must be radical in protecting our lands and spaces.”

Faulting the statement that Lagos is no man’s land, Okupe responded by stamping the status of Lagos as a Yoruba city.

He said on X, “It is erroneous & provocative to declare Lagos as a ” No man’s land” Lagos is a cosmopolitan Yoruba City, whose indigents & inhabitants are highly civilized, culturally liberal &naturally accommodating, bringing prosperity to all. For the avoidance of doubt it is a YORUBA CITY.”

In a later post, @jack_ng01 said, “There is a difference between Lagos City and Lagos State. Same way I see Enugu City as a no man’s land. Why are y’all triggered. I want my village regarded as no man’s land because that is what will bring development. Any city dominated by indigenous people cannot develop.”

https://concise.ng/its-provocative-to-say-lagos-is-no-mans-land-okupe/

nlfpmod

4 Likes

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by givedemwotowoto: 2:57pm On Jun 22

He shared, “What is this supposed to mean? You won’t see me get involved in any election that does not affect me directly. If it’s not Alaigbo, you can bet your money that I will be neutral. Maybe Lagos and Abuja because I consider both cities no man’s land.”

Does Doyin live with his nuclear and extended families in Alaigbo, and has businesses in Alaigbo? When he satisfies both situations then he can come back and say this

It is grand delusion to think that election in Lagos doesn’t affect Igbos and other ethnic groups who make up 50% or more of the population.

Some minority ethnic groups like Fulanis even dominate politics in some states in the NC and SW Nigeria and decide elections largely in those states, talk less of Lagos that has a very dense population of multiple ethnic groups

Its like saying Lagos election doesn’t affect Dangote who has a refinery and business interests there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Richtaiwo: 3:01pm On Jun 22
Doyin Okupe just submitted himself for another cancellation. Ipob miscreants will soon do the needful. grin

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Namaster: 3:01pm On Jun 22
Also, anyone who thinks Lagos and Abuja are "cities" should NEVER be taken seriously in the first place.

Dumb people who willfully EXHIBIT their dumbness on social media should be IGNORED.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by MhisterJay(m): 3:04pm On Jun 22
Those who say it i.e. "No man's land", how/what exactly do they mean?

2 Likes

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by LibertyRep: 3:05pm On Jun 22
Richtaiwo:
Doyin Okupe just submitted himself for another cancellation. Ipob miscreants will soon do the needful. grin

He should have a thick skin by now.

They cancelled him already

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by surgical: 3:19pm On Jun 22
Who dey interview this man self the person must be a mischief maker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by mairogo: 3:25pm On Jun 22
The first to describe Lagos as a 'no man's land' from what I've read is former governor Lateef Jakande in 1979.
What's the issue now?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by NairalandForumo: 3:28pm On Jun 22
But the same person called Abuja a no man's land, why is that not causing provocation or seen as an attempt to conquer Abuja?

Also which is more provocative in calling a place a no mans land or killing raping and destroying properties in the same land?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by NyamiriSlayer(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22
Richtaiwo:
Okupe don turn to their enemy

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by jmoore(m): 3:38pm On Jun 22
COSMOPOLITAN is the word. But how many Nigerians know the meaning of cosmopolitan?

Synonym of cosmopolitan in Nigeria English is 'no mans land'.

No mans land in Nigeria doesn't mean that the area doesn' have indigenous people.

Jakande in his inaugural address called Lagos 'a no man's land'. https://www.tvcnews.tv/2021/02/flashback-jakandes-inaugural-address-as-lagos-state-governor-in-1979/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Joymide22: 3:39pm On Jun 22
What's the debate about?
'Lagos is no Man's land'?

Is there any land in this country that is nobody's?

That other tribes are welcomed and accommodated doesn't make it a nobody's land!

'Ikoja Aye' of the greatest order!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by helinues: 3:39pm On Jun 22
Toh

The matter don pass online noise. Something would be done about it

We go see where arrogant would take some people to

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by aswani(m): 3:41pm On Jun 22
FourQu:
Lagos is FOR LAGOSIANS ONLY wink

not Ogun, osun, Ondo, oyo or Ekiti state people cool ask GRV he will tell you more wink that's why their governor has standby trailer waiting to load more under bridge dwelling runaway Ronus back to the hinterlands of osun state forest reserves cool

Because Western Region started from Jibowu and Mushin and what is now Lekki, people from Western Region are as much Lagosians as anyone else, well more Lagosian than those not from West (or Midwest).

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Slytiger: 3:41pm On Jun 22
LifestyleTonite:

We must fight this mo:nsters economically and politically at any level. The era is civility is over. It is Yoruba First or nothing!!!!!

“This is what Peter Obi and Gbarebo Shinedu was all about. Using political power to wage a war of conquest against the Yoruba people.

“Yorubas must be radical in protecting our lands and spaces.”

Faulting the statement that Lagos is no man’s land, Okupe responded by stamping the status of Lagos as a Yoruba city.

He said on X, “It is erroneous & provocative to declare Lagos as a ” No man’s land” Lagos is a cosmopolitan Yoruba City, whose indigents & inhabitants are highly civilized, culturally liberal &naturally accommodating, bringing prosperity to all. For the avoidance of doubt it is a YORUBA CITY.”

In a later post, @jack_ng01 said, “There is a difference between Lagos City and Lagos State. Same way I see Enugu City as a no man’s land. Why are y’all triggered. I want my village regarded as no man’s land because that is what will bring development. Any city dominated by indigenous people cannot develop.”

https://concise.ng/its-provocative-to-say-lagos-is-no-mans-land-okupe/

nlfpmod

It's stupid to regard Abuja or Lagos as no man's land. It is very insulting to the Gbagyis and Yorubas in Abuja and Lagos respectively. They never begged to gave the capitals in those places.

But then again, people called jack are often clowns.

Japan is an indigenous country. Same as South Korea, Taiwan, Austria, Switzerland, e.t.c. and they are all developed countries.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by EmeeNaka: 3:49pm On Jun 22
Idiotic
Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Slytiger: 3:53pm On Jun 22
MhisterJay:
Those who say it i.e. "No man's land", how/what exactly do they mean?
That the lands do not have indigenous tribes 😅

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Slytiger: 3:55pm On Jun 22
kereman1:
See the last person that shouted "lagos is for the Yorubas"
When they flog you again, una go start to dey cry as if you are the only tribe in Lagos 😂

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by kettykin: 4:00pm On Jun 22
Weak fellows
Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Slytiger: 4:03pm On Jun 22
AlhajiCSO:
How is the Eze kirikiri doing? He made a statement about bringing IPOB to Lagos and has been in detention ever since 😅

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by kereman1: 4:03pm On Jun 22
Slytiger:

When they flog you again, una go start to dey cry as if you are the only tribe in Lagos 😂

No allow me give you my bombastic side eyes ohhhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Sharpsharp00123: 4:04pm On Jun 22
givedemwotowoto:

Does Doyin live with his nuclear and extended families in Alaigbo, and has businesses in Alaigbo? When he satisfies both situations then he can come back and say this

It is grand delusion to think that election in Lagos doesn’t affect Igbos and other ethnic groups who make up 50% or more of the population.

Some minority ethnic groups like Fulanis even dominate politics in some states in the NC and SW Nigeria and decide elections largely in those states, talk less of Lagos that has a very dense population of multiple ethnic groups

Its like saying Lagos election doesn’t affect Dangote who has a refinery and business interests there
but please what is igbos obsession with Lagos?

As in, is it only igbos that came to Lagos to hustle?

I have never seen any other tribe aside igbos call Lagos no man’s land

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Slytiger: 4:04pm On Jun 22
kereman1:

No allow me give you my bombastic side eyes ohhhh
grin
Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Christistruth00: 4:11pm On Jun 22
Don't mind them

Enugu was founded and built by Lord Lugard and the British yet they refused to declare Enugu a No man's land
Despite the fact that it was Yoruba Artisans (Bricklayers, Masons and Carpenters ) that Lord Lugard carried from Lagos to do Much of the actual building Work

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Sharpsharp00123: 4:11pm On Jun 22
helinues:
Toh

those igbos need to b put in their place

I have never seen another tribe call Lagos a no man’s land except igbos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Bobloco: 4:20pm On Jun 22
FourQu:
Lagos is FOR LAGOSIANS ONLY wink

not Ogun, osun, Ondo, oyo or Ekiti state people cool ask GRV he will tell you more wink that's why their governor has standby trailer waiting to load more under bridge dwelling runaway Ronus back to the hinterlands of osun state forest reserves cool

Lagos is for lagos indigenes

3 Likes

Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by m4una(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22
helinues:
Toh

do something about it
Re: It’s Provocative To Say Lagos Is No Man’s Land – Okupe by Sp1ritHusband: 4:35pm On Jun 22
It's not provocative but a personal opinion with no basis in reality, you have to be a jobless idiat to keep arguing over the "Lagos is a no man's land" claim. Just ignore the claimant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meanwhile In Iraq / The Story Of My Origin, By Obasanjo / The Most Confused Country In The World Is - Great Britain Abi Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.