Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,196 members, 7,923,023 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 04:51 PM

‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria (59726 Views)

Data Of INEC PVC Collected: Breakdown By Region / Passport Of Kidney Donor In Ekweremadu's 'Organ Harvesting” Saga Shows He Is 21 / Amotekun: Juniad Mohammed Warns Of Imminent Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by tunary(m): 11:23pm On Jun 22
Sheistoopretty:
C
C for clitoris
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22
Never heard of these websites...!
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Tealcrestmedia(m): 11:50pm On Jun 22
Our incompetence as a Nation is getting embarrassing. You have a database being accessed by a 3rd party and you're warning Nigerians? Wow cry
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Fredrick69: 11:53pm On Jun 22
Hmmm.
The problem in this country is too much.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Elonmuzk(m): 12:16am On Jun 23
How much does info for an average Nigerian worth? Close to nothing, make una relax.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by frankputer: 12:20am On Jun 23
jmoore:
Someone in NIMC made their database accessible to cronies via api.

NIMCs API are freely available.
Not really a crime,but
Through licensed partners and digital banks.
By using the NIN number,
You can verify and retrieve individual information.
This information is not restricted.
It can be retrieved via API for banking transactions,
It’s available for retrieval of basic bio data of candidate during online registration for federal parastatal ,state , online portal.
For instance if u want to apply for Army, the candidate put in his NIN, u can then call the API endpoint from NIMCs server to retrieve the bio data.
That was the original essence,
Also to verify the authenticity of an individual.
So miss-using it for some other purpose is not NIMCs doing.

1 Like

Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by SenecaTheYonger: 1:11am On Jun 23
Sheuns:
Una no suppose block the websites and arrest the operators?

You Dey mind the wereys? Na we dem wan come Dey warn
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Tolu2024(f): 2:34am On Jun 23
Our law makers don’t even care about the life of ordinary citizen but yet they will sponsor tribal politics and hatred, if not why will someone with reasonable mindset support apc ?
After 10 years nothing to show for as achievement,people are just suffering.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:05am On Jun 23
SO OUR OWN MIMC DATABASE IS ACCESSIBLE TO FRAUDSTERS ?
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by BluntCrazeMan: 5:41am On Jun 23
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/idfinder-com-ng-verify-ng-nimc-warns-of-websites-harvesting-data-of-nigerians/amp/
NIMC is telling lies here.

If you input the NIN or BVN of a someone who had never been to the website,, it will still get the person's data.

So, how come??

Instead of NIMC to investigate and find out when and where their database got breached,,, and how it happened, so that they can prevent all future occurrences,, they started off with lies.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by SonofElElyonRet: 5:52am On Jun 23
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Pat081: 6:39am On Jun 23
One of the useless site is that PHOENIX always come up with dead or fake news 99.8 of the news on the site is fake ones
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by aswani(m): 6:48am On Jun 23
tfelicityk:
Personnel in NIMC made their database accessible to cronies via other means best know to them. Some civil servants in this Nation are very wicked. They can do anything to get additional income by all means.

The developer and web site designers should be held accountable for any compromised and bridge of trust.

Think it's simpler than that but along the same lines though.

Something as simple as exporting individual tables to excel files and putting them on a pen drive.

I blame the Database provider, you should only be able to export tables as a System Admin using MFA and the act should be audited.

We are Nigerians in Nigeria so we would be able bypass any restrictions for our own nefarious purposes anyway.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by eepeepook: 6:50am On Jun 23
The question to be answered is “why?” Why will someone open such website?
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by JAYUK(m): 7:05am On Jun 23
NIN registration gave room to people falling prey to schemers, Nigeria is drama parlor.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by ejimatic: 7:06am On Jun 23
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/idfinder-com-ng-verify-ng-nimc-warns-of-websites-harvesting-data-of-nigerians/amp/
. You are not serious.How come they have access to our data.? It is one of you that has been compromising our data with them
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by LOVEGINO(m): 7:13am On Jun 23
ElSudani:

The leadership is not doing this, ordinary criminally minded people are.
They are saboteurs just like people who steal electric cables.
This was my first concern regarding the credit reporting agency being proposed by the government. Anyone who can get hold of these data can get a loan in your name and you wouldn't know.
loan app do ask for selfie or sms verification.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Mckraz01: 7:13am On Jun 23
jmoore:

They're just displaying their incompetence

Them no fit block dos sites?
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by oyeb15: 7:13am On Jun 23
For as little as #100

So if it's as big as 10k no problem.

I want to reprint or view my National ID card online, NIMC request #1200 payment before access.

Thunder fire NIMC
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:17am On Jun 23
tfelicityk:
Personnel in NIMC made their database accessible to cronies via other means best know to them. Some civil servants in this Nation are very wicked. They can do anything to get additional income by all means.

The developer and web site designers should be held accountable for any compromised and bridge of trust.

Back into those days, United States citizens bio data called fullz are sold for as low as $0.5 in dream market of the darkweb. Same goes to ssndob that sold social security number and date of birth of ten million folks. These also include a canadahq then that sold credit card details of US and Canada folks. You will be shocked that your card details is been sold in the dark market and your only saviour is 2FA protecting you from illicit and fraudulent transactions. This is nothing new. In the Darkweb, all your data are stolen and sold for carders to use them for whatever..

1 Like

Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by shonepa(m): 9:03am On Jun 23
Wetin una go dey find for unauthorized sites? Dem neva sell una NIN, na too sell una completely remain.

The site no even resemble the official site of NIMC in any way or form. #onechance
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by lanre316: 9:45am On Jun 23
jmoore:

You nailed it perfectly!
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Lavisha(f): 11:04am On Jun 23
TrustGod2:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is kelly, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO1751Icvdo?si=a69R9-1uyMPdEdzV

Access Bank
Kelly Monday

Kelly-kelly..

you nor dey tire?!

new monikers everyday just to scam the already frustrated tinubu-banza Nigerians.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by sylve11: 11:39am On Jun 23
Jh0wsef:
shocked shocked shocked

What can you expect from a country with a failed leadership? Make I even go check data of Nkechi wey collect my 2k tfare no show up..

I go use her data collect 5k PalmPay loan ASAP

grin grin grin

😆

Na wa o grin cool
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by sylve11: 11:43am On Jun 23
dre11:

Don't warn; Arrest the people who are behind that website. Is it very difficult for you to do? sad cool
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Dotman2210(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23
Sheuns:
Una no suppose block the websites and arrest the operators?

Leave them, make them dey do like ozuor, zero cybersecurity.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by Jostoman: 2:29pm On Jun 23
All these register for this, register for that is a pre- plan rigging for 2027. This is a regular thing they normally do in lagos when election is coming up.
Re: ‘idfinder.com.ng, Verify.ng’ — NIMC Warns Of Websites Harvesting Data Of Nigeria by eniorisha(m): 4:12pm On Jun 23
Pls, I came across d report on free editing of one's information on NIMC site_DOB, Name, etc. I did edited my information but yet to get confirmation msg. I hope it's real ,pls?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Body Double Suspicion That Won’t Go Away - The Guardian / Alex Badeh's Assassination: Airforce Releases Statement On Death Of Ex Chief / Nnamdi Kanu Dons Jewish Attire For His Arraignment In Court Today. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.