Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja (3080 Views)

Anambra President General Murdered By His Ebonyi State Tenant / Pictures From Burial Of Hassan Ahmed, Army General Murdered In Abuja / Lamidi Mukaila 'Auxiliary' Wife Murdered In Ibadan, Shot Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Highnesscfr2030(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22
A retired brigadier general of the Nigerian Army, Uwem Harold Udokwe, has been murdered by suspected armed robbers in Abuja. The late brigadier general was…

……. A retired brigadier general of the Nigerian Army, Uwem Harold Udokwe, has been murdered by suspected armed robbers in Abuja.

The late brigadier general was attacked at his Sunshine Homes Estate by armed robbers at about 3am, on Saturday.

He was reportedly killed during the attack.

Reacting to the untimely demise of the deceased, the commissioner of police in the FCT, CP Benneth Igweh, ordered a discrete investigation.

He gave the order in a statement by the command spokeswoman SP Adeh Josephine, which was issued to newsmen on Saturday.

According to her, the CP ordered a thorough and discreet investigation to unravel the circumstances surrounding the regrettable incident.

She said the police commissioner, who expressed his profound condolences to the bereaved family, assured the public of swift justice with every effort in conduit to ensure the perpetrators of such atrocious act are apprehended and brought to justice.

“Furthermore, the commissioner of police reaffirmed the unflinching commitment of the command to amplify the security landscape of the nation’s capital, by continually adapting strategies to effectively combat evolving criminal activities,” she said.

Josephine, however, assured the public that further updates on the incident will be provided in due course.

Also, the National Assembly’s Sergeant-At-Arm, Air Commodore S.A Zakari(retd.) confirmed his death in a statement.

The statement read, “Brig Gen H Udokwere rtd N/5575 15th Regular was attacked early morning at home in Abuja.

According to the wife, three suspected armed robbers attacked the General’s house at approximately 0300 hrs on 22 June 24. The house is at No 1 Sanga Street, Sunshine Homes by Kabusa Junction at Lokogoma Abuja. She also said that was the third time they were attacked.

“She also said the robbers asked her for her pieces of jewellery and took his pistol. She further stated she heard gunshots.”

Zakari added that the late general’s neighbour said the armed robbers injured one of the estate guards.

The statement added, “According to Pastor Awe, his neighbour, the robbers injured one of the estate guards. That one was taken to the jospital at Abacha Barracks along with Brig Gen H Udokwere rtd N/5575, the victim. While the injured guard was being treated at Abacha Barracks Hospital, the General was referred to the National Hospital Abuja.

“Air Cdre MM Igho informed Air Cdre SA Zakari rtd of the incident at 0810 hrs. Zakari dashed to NHA to support the family. Zakari met Pastor Awe (the neighbour) with the victim’s wife, son and other neighbours. Air Cdre Zakari was told Gen Udokwere was dead and the corpse was at the National Hospital morgue.

“Zakari met the wife, calmed her down and reported the issue to Maj Gen Dr Okereke. The Comd NAOWA Hospital sent an ambulance to retrieve the body of the late General Udokwere to NAOWA Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

“Gen Hashim, the neighbour, has taken the family to his house for his wife to handle Mrs Udokwere. However, Mrs Udokwere insisted she must see her husband. Contact was made with the Cse Mates (NDA 15th Cse) and Brig Gen KA Kareem was tasked to visit the family which he did. The family will decide the next line of action regarding the funeral.”

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Richtaiwo: 11:50pm On Jun 22
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by IbnB: 12:00am On Jun 23
It:'s never news, anytime a perp reaps the fruit of their labour....every General in the Nigerian Army is a criminal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 1:15am On Jun 23
I smell fish cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by 2aces(m): 1:31am On Jun 23
MASTAkiLLAh:
I smell fish cool
Titus fish or crocker

3 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by 2aces(m): 1:38am On Jun 23
Abuja have always been unsafe to live, but the vultures in the elm of affairs will tell you otherwise, I will never forget the night I was attacked in my car with the longest dagger have ever seen, only God and my swiftness saved me that night.

11 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by worksmart(m): 1:51am On Jun 23
If I am an armed robber, I would be choosing easier victims than retired army generals. Especially one that has been targeted two times previously.

Makes me wonder if it is a political assassination .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by CJStarz: 3:29am On Jun 23
2aces:
Abuja have always been unsafe to live, but the vultures in the elm of affairs will tell you otherwise, I will never forget the night I was attacked in my car with the longest dagger have ever seen, only God and my swiftness saved me that night.
You weren't saved by your swiftness.
U were saved by God!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Zubeezanga(m): 4:20am On Jun 23
2aces:
Oga calm down i stay at efab lokoguma no come generate unnescessary panic

2 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by KingAzubuike(f): 5:07am On Jun 23
I thought these people are given orderlies and security even after retirement?

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Abisolababe(f): 5:24am On Jun 23
Rest in peace sir
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by oz4real83(m): 5:36am On Jun 23
A retired General shocked, only a military armed robber will have the balls to rob a retired General and such armed robber knew he had no security personnel attached to him, I suspect an in-house robbery embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by IjawUnited: 5:38am On Jun 23
grin

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Abdul9025(m): 5:50am On Jun 23
May his soul continue to rest in peace

anything no dei favor us in this era...hunger dei kill us

mak una help me eat this morning 2168777413 uba

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by RulerIAm(m): 5:52am On Jun 23
KingAzubuike:
I thought these people are given orderlies and security even after retirement?
na so I been de think o. Major General David Edjor's house in warri is still being guarded by soldiers even after his demise. Maybe because his wife still lives there. U dare not mumu yourself close to the fence or u will smell ur yansh that day.

2 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Racoon(m): 5:54am On Jun 23
A handsome retried army general just killed like a chicken right in the heart of the capital city of a nation. Too bad!

4 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by AustineE1: 6:15am On Jun 23
IbnB:
It:'s never news, anytime a perp reaps the fruit of their labour....every General in the Nigerian Army is a criminal
That's an unfair assertion,some of these generals sacrificed their all to see that this nation is protected and saddled to the right direction,it takes courage to be a military man and fighting battles that are not yours but for the benifit of all,at the detriment of your life...it takes a huge audacity to do that.
Like every institution,we also have very corrupt and terrible individuals among them.Life is so cheap in Nigeria,a general wasted just like that,so painful,may his soul rest in peace!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by baraboo98: 6:28am On Jun 23
spèechless as to where the country is moving to.

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by princepeter566: 6:32am On Jun 23
Tinubu is working on the economy while shetima is working on security.
Let's give them more 16 years.
One year is too early to judge his government.
By the time tinubu finished his 20 years tenure, most of u that stood on his manhood will be regretting from your graves

4 Likes

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by TheChameleon: 6:37am On Jun 23

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by IamANigerianMan: 6:41am On Jun 23
IbnB:
but he is entitled to one soldier to guide his house, how was he cheaply killed in his house? Something is fishing..
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:57am On Jun 23
The way this country is heading

RIP Sir
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by graceypetee: 7:08am On Jun 23
Wahala every where
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by AcadaWriter: 7:10am On Jun 23
I smell fish
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Objectivist04: 7:19am On Jun 23
RulerIAm:
na so I been de think o. Major David Edjor's house in warri is still being guarded by soldiers even after his demise. Maybe because his wife still lives there. U dare not mumu yourself close to the fence or u will smell ur yansh that day.
A major ?
Or his rank is higher
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by 2aces(m): 7:29am On Jun 23
Zubeezanga:
Oga calm down i stay at efab lokoguma no come generate unnescessary panic
Down play it all you want, but pray you don't experience the dark side of this city.

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Anguldi(m): 7:41am On Jun 23
Abuja don turn wetin b dis

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by edogu(m): 7:41am On Jun 23
Abuja is no longer safe.

1 Like

Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by slivertongue: 7:52am On Jun 23
insecurity everywhere you go
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by ThugOfWar: 7:54am On Jun 23
This is not about the fct minister coming from the south
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by Walai(m): 8:01am On Jun 23
We need answers to questions up there.
Is a retired General not entitled to soldiers/ official security securing his house ? Or is it only for celebrities and politicians that can pay heavily ?
Re: Flash: Retired General Murdered In Abuja by mactoni91(m): 8:09am On Jun 23
2aces:

Most people do not know Abuja and Rivers State are more dangerous than Lagos.

You may want to argue this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must See Video And Photos: About Time To Kill This Child Abuse / Revisiting History: The Northern Counter-coup Of 1966 / Boko Haram: Prophet Warns Of Another Bomb Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.