Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,745 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:51 PM

The Image Of God. Part Two - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Image Of God. Part Two (56 Views)

How Come God Is A Spirit And Yet Has The Image Of Man? / House On The Rock Projects Image Of An Owl (Moloch) During Communion / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Image Of God. Part Two by AbundantLife05: 5:55am On Jun 23
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
The Image of God. Part 2 Mark 16:17-18
These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. [18]They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won’t hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed.” NLT.

Good morning dear friends, I welcome you to the concluding part of the teaching series; the image of God. Last week, I taught that man is a product of the first conversation in the Trinity. Therefore, he is not a product of chance or evolution. God created him for a purpose. Also, man was created to have dominion over all that God had created. I also taught that there is no discrimination in regards to gender and race among the people God created. Lastly, the man created in the image of God is blessed by God to carry out the image of God mandate. He is not empty, the life of God dwells richly in him.

Today, we want to go further in our discussion beyond what we had last week. Image is a depiction or representation of something. When the Bible said we are created in the image of God, it means we are created to look like God which is the origin of our dominion. We have dominion because we look like God, we are Godlike in nature. God created us to have some attributes that he possesses. Therefore, God hold us in high esteem. We do underrate ourselves when we fail to walk in the dominion mandate God has given us.

The creation of men in the image of God is the reason the devil deceived Adam and Eve because he had always wanted what God gave to man. The reason for the fall of the devil is that he wanted to be like God, he wanted to form a parallel government with God. Consequentially, he was cast down from heaven to earth. Isaiah 14:12-17: “How you are fallen from heaven, O shining star, son of the morning! You have been thrown down to the earth, you who destroyed the nations of the world. [13]For you said to yourself, ‘I will ascend to heaven and set my throne above God’s stars. I will preside on the mountain of the gods far away in the north. [14]I will climb to the highest heavens and be like the Most High.’ [15]Instead, you will be brought down to the place of the dead, down to its lowest depths. [16]Everyone there will stare at you and ask, ‘Can this be the one who shook the earth and made the kingdoms of the world tremble? [17]Is this the one who destroyed the world and made it into a wasteland? Is this the king who demolished the world’s greatest cities and had no mercy on his prisoners?’ NLT. Therefore, when he saw God give what he wanted to man, He deceived man into sin and he collected what belonged to man through the sin of Adam and Eve. Genesis 3:1-7: The serpent was the shrewdest of all the wild animals the lord God had made. One day he asked the woman, “Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?” [2]“Of course we may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,” the woman replied. [3]“It’s only the fruit from the tree in the middle of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God said, ‘You must not eat it or even touch it; if you do, you will die.’” [4]“You won’t die!” the serpent replied to the woman. [5]“God knows that your eyes will be opened as soon as you eat it, and you will be like God, knowing both good and evil.” [6]The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too. [7]At that moment their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their unclothedness. So they sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. NLT. By doing so, man became guilty of the sin the devil committed in heaven; the need to be like God.

However, God intended the dominion for man and he reclaimed the mandate through our Lord Jesus Christ who triumphed over death and hell. Thus, the dominion mandate is back in our hands and it is our duty to use it to reveal God. Romans 5:16-19: And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. [17]For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ. [18]Yes, Adam’s one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ’s one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. [19]Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous. NLT.
Now, we are the image of God to a world filled with darkness by shining our light in revealing God to the world. That is the reason Jesus called us the light of the world. We are the standard for the world, if they want to know God, all they need is to look at us. Matthew 5:14-16: “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. [15]No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. [16]In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. NLT. We reveal God to you world through our good deeds and love. We do not hate on people, we love them, we do not revenge, we take care of people, both Christians and non-Christians alike. Matthew 5:43-48: “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. [44]But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! [45]In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. [46]If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. [47]If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. [48]But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. NLT. James 2:14-18.

Lastly, we reveal God to the world by the power of God. The God we represent is a powerful God, after we have revealed the love of God through good deeds to the world, we also reveal his power to the world. God has made provision for our empowerment through the Holy Spirit in form of healing, deliverance, miracles, signs and wonders. Mark 16: 17-18. This is the full image of God, that when the world wants to know about God, they look at us and they see a full picture of God through our lives. On this note, if you are reading this and you are yet to give your life to Jesus Christ in order to have an experience of the image of God mandate, I urge you to do so now by saying this prayer wholeheartedly; Lord Jesus, I confess you as my Lord and saviour today, please save me and be my lord and bring me into your fold. Amen. If you have recited the prayer wholeheartedly, I congratulate you and I welcome you to the family of God. Make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Keep Keeping On By Ikoni Onah / Islamic Metal Wall Art Decors Australia - Muslims Gifts / Morning Digest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.