Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:16 PM

Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language (20726 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Here Is What Pope Told Crying Boy Who Asked If His Atheist Father Is In Heaven / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by naptu2: 6:53am On Jun 23
Pope told off by student for using anti-LGBTQ language

By Joel Guinto, BBC News

Pope Francis has been told by a Filipino Catholic university student to "stop using offensive language" against LGBTQ people.

Slurs cause "immense pain", Jack Lorenz Acebedo Rivero said during an online video panel with other Catholic university students and the pope.

His comments come after reports that the Pope used extremely offensive language against gay men during a closed-door meeting last month with bishops.

He later apologised to those who were "hurt" and the Vatican said he did not mean to offend anyone.

The Pope reportedly said gay men should not be allowed to train for the priesthood, adding there was already an air of frociaggine, which translates as a highly offensive slur.

This has shocked many, as the Pope has often talked publicly of being respectful towards gay people.

He recently created consternation among Catholic traditionalists by saying priests should be able to bless same-sex couples in some circumstances and has frequently talked of gay people being welcome in the Church.

The forum, which was broadcast live on social media on Thursday, had the theme "Building Bridges" in a region of diverse religions and ethnicities. It brought together Catholic university students from across different countries.

The student from the Ateneo de Manila University told the Pope that he has been "outcasted and bullied due to my bisexuality, my gayness, my identity and being the son of a single parent".

He then called on him to: “Stop using offensive language against the LGBTQIA+ community."

Mr Rivera, who wore a rainbow-coloured sash over his traditional Filipino garment, also asked the Pope to "allow divorce in the Philippines".

Aside from the Vatican, the Philippines is the only country in the world where divorce is illegal. This is due to a strong lobby against it by the Roman Catholic Church.

The Pope waited for all three students in Mr Rivera's group to speak before giving his replies.

He did not address Mr Rivera's concerns specifically but he said through a translator that he was advising Mr Rivera to differentiate true love from false love.

"Always pick true love," he said.

The Pope also told the group that "women are the best people" even if society views them as second to men.

He recalled a conversation with a female European leader, who he said told him that "maternal ability" gives her the edge over men.
"Many women have brought children on their own... A widower can hardly go on their own. A woman, alone, can certainly grow her family. This is the greatness of women."

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c7220y9jx04o?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by donyi: 6:58am On Jun 23
These people are sane as those who believe in their heart there is no God

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by naptu2: 6:59am On Jun 23
donyi:
Your headline though

My headline or the BBC's headline?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by SlavaUkraini: 7:04am On Jun 23
That Student can go to hell...

The Pope should not Apologise to Dirty Fággots

Gay men are disgusting and should be with Bobrisky in Jail...

I will only understand their Homosexual views the day I see a male Dog Fûcking another male Dog.

What Animals find disgusting is what so called human beings are now accepting...

These people are lower than Animals

Modified....

Look at so many "Asstronauts"....Faggóts and their Sympathizers on my mention.

You guys can cry and explain all you want but ...

Any Man that is Fûcking his fellow Man is less than a Beast.

175 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by 2Radii: 7:08am On Jun 23
Hmmm

Ruptured Anus carrier are always the vilest and very aggressive...why??

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Realtord43: 7:43am On Jun 23
These Alphabet people would want to force people to accept them ignoring the fact that people have rights to accept or not to accept things without be force.

Be your gay and what ever, but dont tel me to accept and respect you for taking such decision. These people are now acting like extremist, forcing everybody to accept them.

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by AntiChristian: 8:17am On Jun 23
The curse of God be upon them all!

Shame to the saner climes!

4 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by OriOko88(m): 8:18am On Jun 23
The only reason the west and church legalize the LGBTQ is because of the 'Free society and freedom of association' which they preach and fight for. They hv no choice than to walk their talk. Deep down the pope sees LGBTQ as evil.l,but his hands are tight. Won ti kaa mon corner undecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by SpaceX: 8:19am On Jun 23
I no understand, is the Pope for gay or not?
Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by armadeo(m): 9:02am On Jun 23
SpaceX:

How can he ever come out and be for gays.

The pope. How!!! He can pretend they care for them as all are children of God but come out and be for them. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Sheistoopretty(f): 9:05am On Jun 23
I just hate U.S for this Lgbtq nonsense!!

When I went for vacation at the U.S, I couldn't even stay up to 2 days and had to leave the country because of the disgusting things I saw people do publicly embarassed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Matheusmartin: 9:05am On Jun 23
But why do gays and other members of the lgbtq always look weird

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Vinnie2000(m): 9:05am On Jun 23
Hehehe.

When he Tried to embrace this LGTB group, he was Criticized.
Now he is Condemning them, some here will still Criticize him. undecided

LESSON: In Life, Don't Try to Please Pple! Who nor like you nor Like you. sad

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by pendusky(m): 9:05am On Jun 23
Lol
Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by emmabest2000(m): 9:06am On Jun 23
SpaceX:

armadeo:

How can he ever come out and be for gays.

The pope. How!!! He can pretend they care for them as all are children of God but come out and be for them. Lol
Innosonp:
And some mofos said Pope is supporting same sex marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by lailo: 9:07am On Jun 23
But I heard that one of the sons of the gbajue agulian is a gay? Pls confirm for a brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by omoredia: 9:07am On Jun 23
That's what u get when u want to always compromise and negotiate with evildoers. They are gay cos they want to be against God and that's all

7 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Lanre1st(m): 9:08am On Jun 23
But bible clearly captured the “Sodom and Gomorrah” story, it will be better for Pope Francis to edit the Bible and remove the story from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Innosonp(m): 9:08am On Jun 23
And some mofos said Pope is supporting same sex marriage

2 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by FactBoyz: 9:09am On Jun 23
cool
Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Robertgreene1(m): 9:10am On Jun 23
Interesting....These demon-possesed gays again...
Worse part is that they don't even feel bad about it again!!!
My gayish cousin bro...come see as the guy don accept his gayness like an achievement...fine boy like that oo...
I just wonder how man go naked for him fellow man...bend doggy and another man is pummeling his anus!!! God forbid bad thing!!! That guy is not a man again na!!! He's less than a woman sef... sometimes l dread using the toilet whenever l have constipations cus of the pain...so how do these people enjoy that disgusting nonsense sef...isn't it extremely painful? Don't they bleed and tear their anal tissues?
Tufiakwa!!!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Freestainworld(m): 9:10am On Jun 23
All the parties involved are evil, if I catch a gay na 2by2 em go collect, e go tell me whether God wey create man and woman dey stupid.

7 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by ReliableAgentt(m): 9:12am On Jun 23
Hmmm
Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by superjaks(m): 9:13am On Jun 23
People wey dey craze

2 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by naptu2: 9:14am On Jun 23
Translation

The Pope reportedly said gay men should not be allowed to train for the priesthood, adding there was already an air of frociaggine, which translates as a highly offensive slur.

frociaggine = faggotry

3 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Celestialsword: 9:14am On Jun 23
SlavaUkraini:
That Student can go to hell...

The Pope should not Apologise to Dirty Fággots

Gay men are disgusting and should be with Bobrisky in Jail...

I will only understand their Homosexual views the day I see a male Dog Fûcking another male Dog.

What Animals find disgusting is what so called human beings are now accepting...

These people are lower than Animals
Every Adult have the right to practice whatever he or she wants,so far it doesn't affect another human, nobody has any right to speak against or condemn what another does,it's universal human right.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by dominique(f): 9:17am On Jun 23
Very disrespectful entitled sets of people, always wanting to control how people talk and act around them. The moment you don't act according to their guidelines, you're called homophobic.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by westside365: 9:20am On Jun 23
Celestialsword:
Every Adult have the right to practice whatever he or she wants,so far it doesn't affect another human, nobody has any right to speak against or condemn what another does,it's universal human right.

This ideology of yours is the ideology the devil uses to pollute this world. That is what you will say when you dont read Bible and pray.

20 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by Celestialsword: 9:22am On Jun 23
westside365:

This ideology of yours is the ideology the devil uses to pollute this world. That is what you will say when you dont read Bible and pray.
Is Christianity the only religion in the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by viceddy95(m): 9:23am On Jun 23
Celestialsword:
One of them,,,which kind Mumu rights,,,any one desiring a fellow man for sexual relationship is a hen….

10 Likes

Re: Pope Told Off By Student For Using Anti-LGBTQ Language by GentleHuman(m): 9:24am On Jun 23
Good morning, well meaning Nigerians,

Please, I need your help Sir/Ma.

My name is Tunde. I am 32 yrs old and an O-Level holder. I had a car accident last year, lost my job, and became jobless for months.

Please help me; I am seriously hungry. The last time I ate was Friday evening, and it was my remaining garri that I drank. I have not eaten any other food since Friday evening other than the water that I have been drinking to gain some strength. I can no longer endure the hunger; my body is starting to shake. Please, my people, I am really sorry for begging, but it is just that I am starving to death. Please, someone should help me with something to eat, no matter the amount. I don't mind. I will always appreciate you. I am starving. I know things are very hard these days. Anything you have to spare, I would really appreciate.

I live at No 29, Kajola Street, Bode.Olude, Ita.Elega, Abeokuta, Ogun State.

If you live near me, please invite me for lunch; I am dying of hunger. May you never lack the good things in life. Please have mercy on me and help me.

My phone number is 0 8 1 7 1 8 5 1 8 8 8

Please help me with any amount, #1000 will do a lot for me at this time.

Please, my bank details are:

Access Bank PLC
0 0 2 4 8 6 9 3 2 3
My name is Tunde

Thank you very much. May God continue to bless and protect you. Amen

If by 02:00 PM, I don't get help, I will sell my phone but it will affect me a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’ / Nigerian Christians Protesting In Akure Against Killings In Benue And Others / ‘Touch Not My Anointed’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.