Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,800 members, 7,915,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:51 PM

Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! (143 Views)

8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! by Daejumong(m): 8:07am On Jun 23
I have carefully listened to many of Baba Adeboye’s testimonies over the years and I have noticed they tend to be self glorifying! They make him look like a special being above other Christians and children of God! They create fear in the hearts of the listeners and give him a demi-god aura! The glory is not completely given to God or Jesus!
The testimony of a new breast growing after surgery: He talks about handkerchiefs from his meeting used on the woman. He later says congregants who he is their true daddy will do greater works! This is sadly self glorifying! Christ was not the emphasis!
The testimony of drinking tea with God- self glorifying !
The testimony of driving on empty tank! Self glorifying!
Testimony of winter being held because of him- self glorifying!
Testimony of sisters who ate remnant of his food and subsequently getting all prayers answered- Self glorifying!
This has created a god like status for him among Christians and his followers, to the extent people visit his old bedroom, chairs and beds at the camp to pray believing they will get miracles! Anything he touches , people want to touch ! It has become a form of idolatry Some of his followers unknowingly reverence him more than Christ!
People may say Paul and the apostles’ handkerchiefs healed people but it was not a continuum . They never allowed themselves to be idolised and always made Jesus the focal point
Isaiah 42:8:
“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols

Men of God are still men and can make mistakes. But who corrects a man who drank tea with God or who winter stood still for? Who has the liver? Nobody in the church I guess . That is the danger , because when they make mistakes , they won’t know and will unfortunately continue in that path!

https://youtube.com/shorts/LapeavuD5Gk?si=Os08zlERIUMM_EVu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q3RqKdAwWI?si=wmPTvs1GY-8uKsj8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! by Righthussle: 8:23am On Jun 23
Thank you sir.
Re: Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! by Augustine2244(m): 8:33am On Jun 23
Really unfortunate, and he is a wizard for praying poverty into the lives of colleagues of his members.
I can never believe any of his self glorifying testimonies, because obviously pride and arrogance have taken preeminence in him.
I don't blame those who blast him and others like him.
Most Nigerian pastors are the reason, many people are staying away from church these days.
Re: Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! by AntiChristian: 8:37am On Jun 23
God drank his tea!

I recently watched one of his video where his handkerchief made a breast that was cut off grow back!

grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye’s Testimonies appear to glorify him and not Christ! by Brenbentondiaz: 10:09am On Jun 23
You can say this basically about most "men of God" in Nigeria. Well, for those that take them seriously. People have not learnt to focus on God and read their bibles, because people are not actually seeking God: what they're seeking for is power.

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Fire Disaster: We’ll Build A Better Auditorium – Pastor Chris / The Bible Verses That Made God Not Omniscient / Obasanjo, Adeboye, Others To Honour Funmi Aragbaiye At 70

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.