Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,326 members, 7,925,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 07:25 AM

Why You Need To Ask Thought Provoking Questions? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Need To Ask Thought Provoking Questions? (107 Views)

The African Treasure, Prof Patrick Lumumba's Thought Provoking Speech. / Go With These Beautiful And Thought Provoking Quotes Into 2020 / MURIC To Nigerian Law School: Stop Provoking Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Ask Thought Provoking Questions? by fatemahx(f): 3:29pm On Jun 23
Asking a thought-provoking question is like planting a seed in a garden. By that, I mean you never truly know what will sprout from which one, yet you're preparing the soil for new ideas to grow and thrive. In other words, think about it. If I ask you a question that makes you pause to think, it's not to get an answer. Isn't it just trying to find a new approach? For example, when we get down on talking points that are a little out of my comfort zone, we are actually stretching me here. It's kind of like an exercise for the brain. I find that when you ask me something that would cause me to deeply think, it stretches both of us beyond our comfort zones. We are able to explore possibilities that might not have occurred to us otherwise. And really, that's where the magic happens.

Moreover, thought-provoking questions encourage you and me to connect more deeply. It's one thing to chat about the weather or what's new in the news; it's entirely different to discuss why we have a certain respect for ideals or how our experiences shape our views. These types of conversations usually help better understand the other person as a human being. Additionally, when you ask meaningful questions, it helps me develop better responses that best serve your needs and interests. It's sort of like giving me a roadmap to the best, most useful information I can provide for you. What you will do is challenge me to go deeper in order to get the most out of our interactions.

It's not just asking questions or questions out of curiosity or for conversation but to use it as a tool to grow in knowledge and understanding and bring oneself nearer to whomever one is in conversation with. In other words, whenever you throw a complex question at me, you set off a ripple effect of enhanced dialogue and enrich our shared journey of discovery. What question do you think might take us down another exciting path?

(1) (Reply)

Shoprite Wuse Abuja Gives Up As The Economic Paralysis In Nigeria Accelerates: / FUTA 2024/2025 PDS/UABS Application And Requirements / Dorben Poly Students In Attendance As European Union Holds Pre-daparture Lecture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.