Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,761 members, 7,875,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures (10479 Views)

At Least 550 Muslims Die At Hajj - As Temperatures At Mecca Hit 51.8C / Social Distancing During Hajj Pilgrimage. Number Reduced From 2 Million To 1,000 / Nine Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by HonNL: 8:49pm On Jun 23
More than 1,300 pilgrims died amid scorching heat during this year’s Hajj pilgrimage, Saudi Arabia’s health minister said Sunday.

Speaking to state-owned television, Health Minister Fahd bin Abdurrahman Al-Jalajel said that 83% of the fatalities were among unauthorized pilgrims who walked long distances under soaring sun heat.

The fatalities included more than 660 people from Egypt, according to two officials in Cairo.

SOURCE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Mrchippychappy(m): 10:14am On Jun 24
Are you thoughting what I'm thoughting like this?

If Airpeace can do over 100 trips from Nigeria to Mecca, after nature does it's "thing", there would be peace in Nigeria.

Make una thought am now, e no make sense?

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Greenfaces: 10:14am On Jun 24
Everyone will die someday.
Infact to put this into perspective, if you're up to 30 years, there is less than 80% chance that you will know the name of the 6th president to rule Nigeria after tinubu, if all of them do 8 years complete. The life expectancy now is somewhere around 60years. These days it hardly even gets to 60. That's how close it actually is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by batrhian: 10:15am On Jun 24
God grant them paradise

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by JoeEeL(m): 10:15am On Jun 24
I realised that the earliest comments receive the most scrutiny on this nairaland. Anything wey vex moderator, them go comot am o.

So make I compose small and deliver my nugget in a soothing way.

Black people, let's just gather and think a little first. Why are the holy lands you recognise found in Israel and Mecca? Do blacks just exist solely for the purpose of being spectators on earth? When you see the racism and maltreatment by the westerners and arabs against black people, you should realise that it's not always because of the colour of your skin. No.

Instead, it is because of your inferiority complex, and worse, your shamelessness while at it. Don't we have our own villages we are native to? Your Kwale, Ikom or Arochukwu villages that you are native to is the same way Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem are villages that Arabs and Israelis are native to. We have our folklores, they to have theirs. To explain, Yorubas have their Oduduwa, Oranmiyan, Oya, Esu Laalu, Sango, Sanpanna, Yemoja, Ayelala folklores etc. (Very rich, the Yoruba's folklores I must say). The Igbos have their Amadioha, Chi, Ekwensu foklores etc. It's the same way the Jews have their Moses and Jesus folklores and the Arabs, their Mohammed folklores.

The difference is that they developed their own, and we are letting ours die. They simply wrote books to add authenticity to their version but that does in no way make those things true or superior to ours. What we should have done instead is to canonize ours. I am more than ashamed that at this day and age, the Yorubas have not yet centralised a book that houses our folklores. Why do we blacks always appear slow and disorganised? Remember religion is a tool to control, for influence and power. If you go to church tomorrow and they put anointing oil on your head, that same oil is olive oil. It comes in a bottle. It's imported... all the way from Israel. You are boosting their economy. Cos they've used their religion to rope you in. Their win, your loss.

You go to do pilgrimage in their lands. You spend money there, book hotel reservation there, tour there. You boost their economy. You abandon yours. They sell you a heaven, you boost their economy. And they control you. Their win, your loss. This is why till my last breath will keep advocating for Yorubas to return to their ancient ways. The ways of our ancestors; the ways of Ifa. When I was a teen, like many, I derided those things... thinking it was for illiterate or local people. Now, oju ti si, oju ti la. Ko s'obo n'Idanre mo (Monkey no deh Idanre again o). There is nothing that boosts your ego like preserving your own culture.

Shoutout to people like Tani Olorun, Ifa Sooto, Maiyegun, Adetunji Oosha, all Yoruba nation campaigners (not one of them speaks against yoruba tradition and belief system), Ify Onwubiko, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, Jonathan (on Radio Biafra), Òmìnira ọmọ Odùduwà, and one beautiful but fairly old but young-looking yoruba woman like that that wears glasses (I cant believe her name has skipped my mind now). Ipinle Oro. Remembered Yes!.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by adexosteve(m): 10:16am On Jun 24
May Allah receive there souls and grant them eternal rest

4 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Sacred007: 10:19am On Jun 24
a big sign that even nature does not approve of this religion!!!!

piss.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Padipadi: 10:19am On Jun 24
May Allah rest their souls, amen.
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by IbnB: 10:21am On Jun 24

33 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Greenfaces: 10:21am On Jun 24
Padipadi:
Dieing at home is better than away death. Kusile is better than kusita.
Those wasting their money on pilgrimage, I hope you know you can't get 72 virgins. All virgins v been disvirgined
This matter that appears like a joke to you now will soon become the reason for your greatest fright, regret and pain. Keep it up and enjoy your brief time

3 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Honestey: 10:21am On Jun 24
I think earth is getting hotter , may Allah grant their soul everlasting peace

3 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by omoadeleye(m): 10:22am On Jun 24
Na wa ooo
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Padipadi: 10:23am On Jun 24
Greenfaces:
This matter that appears like a joke to you now will soon become the reason for your greatest fright, regret and pain. Keep it up and enjoy your brief time
Ah! It reach this treat? No vex. Can I buy you a drink?
Greenfaces:
Hello sir, your drink is ready. Not heard from you. tongue

10 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by BalogunIdowu(m): 10:24am On Jun 24
Padipadi:
Dieing at home is better than away death. Kusile is better than kusita.
Those wasting their money on pilgrimage, I hope you know you can't get 72 virgins. All virgins v been disvirgined by yahoo boys.
Why suffereth in Nigeria and still suffer to death in scorching sun? Worship at home, God's not deaf to hear you.

Don't on your data and switch off sense sir...
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Padipadi: 10:25am On Jun 24
BalogunIdowu:

Don't on your data and switch off sense sir...
Thank you sir. I really want to appreciate you. Daalu, nagode, e se gan sir.
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by CartelKenneth: 10:27am On Jun 24
Islam🤣🤣

Useless religion

18 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by osuofia2(m): 10:28am On Jun 24
smiley
Madness and slavery.... going to a desert for stoning and cycling a place isn't worth dying for. But wetin I sabi. They will tell them dying in a holy land js straight to haven mean while the Saudi govr is already blaming the pilgrims for the deaths. I pity them sha. I lf you no use your sense them go use am for you

23 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:31am On Jun 24
Mrchippychappy:

If Airpeace can do over 100 trips from Nigeria to Mecca, after nature does it's "thing", there would be peace in Nigeria.

Honestly, you are right.
I have also thoughted it.

4 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by antiMuhamad: 10:32am On Jun 24
grin grin cheesy The holy land has become a symbol of hell grin grin a sign that Muhammad is crying in hell perhaps for his sins of raping a girl less than nine years old.

Small Israel is defeating their Arab enemies (God's promise of protection for them fulfilled)

But Saudi the holy land is burning and the servants of Allah are dying grin cheesy cheesy, so which God seem to be the real God then?

I posted recently about sexual assaults harassment and rapes at kabbah recently on my profile, how ladies and women revealed that slaves of Allah smooch and fondled their breasts during Hajj.
That place is hell for Satan and the slaves of rapist prophet. No doubt. He who has ears, let him hear.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by antiMuhamad: 10:37am On Jun 24
Mrchippychappy:

grin grin grin
Make them dey kpai for there grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by dominique(f): 10:38am On Jun 24
Egypt and Tunisia recorded the highest casualties ironically are part of the Arab world and their people should be somewhat familiar with this kind of weather. I read about an American couple who saved for years to be able to go for this pilgrimage and unfortunately were casualties of the heatwave. May God rest their souls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by ZekeYeager: 10:44am On Jun 24
The human body generates heat. When over 2 million human beings are packed together like sardines in an enclosure that is not big enough to hold them (which is why there have been thousands of incidents of stampede), they will generate an extraordinary amount of heat. Complicate this by adding a scorching heatwave and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

Well, there's always a price to be paid for stupidity. They've been stoning the devil for 1400 years, but every now and then, he reminds them that he is actually their god and they will be spending eternity with him.

dominique:
Egypt and Tunisia recorded the highest casualties ironically are part of the Arab world and their people should be somewhat familiar with this kind of weather. I read about an American couple who saved for years to be able to go for this pilgrimage and unfortunately were casualties of the heatwave. May God rest their souls.

5 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by bizbro: 10:48am On Jun 24
Alhamdulilah
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:48am On Jun 24
They leave all the Satans in their country to go and stone another satan in Saudi, then satan turned around and stone them

Gulf sun no be here ooo

17 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Greenfaces: 10:51am On Jun 24
Padipadi:
Ah! It reach this treat?
its not threat. Its facts. We are all going to die someday and you're joking about something that can land you in hellfire. Is it worth it
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by bizbro: 10:51am On Jun 24
Greenfaces:

Go and stone satan make we hear word .

5 Likes

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by bizbro: 10:53am On Jun 24
Bazztadewu:
Now with my kilos,
I'm making a move.
God know say round trip about 15mil per kilos
I need to groove.
Sau
Sau Saudi Arabia
Coke is coming .
All the way to save ya.

Free movement or fall,popo ain't gonna get code
The heat is too much,collapse and fall
Exchange bags ,real quick.
I want it all.

Move move
Move with bricks.
Gimme cash.

Special delivery,
Its all on me
Gimme cash.

10 kilos ain't really shit.
Car cash

Real matters upon real matters 😂

1 Like

Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by Greenfaces: 10:55am On Jun 24
bizbro:

Go and stone satan make we hear word .
its not a joke bro. These things are serious. If you don't believe them at least keep quiet about them. Leave them alone. Because when it backfires there will be no going back. You don't know God bit He knows you. Let that sink
Re: 1300 Pilgrims Die At Hajj Pilgrimage Amid Scorching Temperatures by saddler: 10:56am On Jun 24
1,300 died out of brainwashing and foolishness.

If truly these 1300 that died have been praying to God, why didn't God stop the heat from the scorching sun from harming them.

More people die from foolishness and ignorance than from disease and old age.

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Be A VIP On The Day Of Judgement / 7 KIlled In Sallah Day Accident On Bauchi Road / On Zakatul Fitr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.