Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,351 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:27 PM

Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? (26782 Views)

Does Mixing Alcoholic Drinks With Non-Alcoholic Drinks Reduce Effect? / 90% Of Gas Cylinders In Nigeria Are Expired – Federal Government / Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by OkukoIgbo: 2:22pm On Jun 28
Hmm
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by PointZerom: 2:24pm On Jun 28
NinjaMetahuman:
Food don't expire. It only has best before.

Shut up and stop misinforming people.

Best b4 means that the food is still at its best till that date and after that date it's no longer safe for consumption.
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by RealityKings(f): 2:25pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:

Best b4 means that the food is still at its best till that date and after that date it's no longer safe for consumption.
boss
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by celestineteryim: 2:26pm On Jun 28
I blame bitter grieving Pandora obituary for this
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Maxtipulation(m): 2:26pm On Jun 28
Disease no dey kill black man
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28
Niok:
Omo e no fit better for tilumbu o

grin
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by NinjaMetahuman: 2:27pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:

Google is your friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Praktikals1000: 2:29pm On Jun 28
Niok:
Tinubu own better, if na that repackaged Agulu fraud enter, ur people for Don resume human flesh meal tongue
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by PointZerom: 2:31pm On Jun 28
NinjaMetahuman:
Google is your friend.

Even if the food will lasts beyond that date, you're at the risk of bn afflicted.

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Emeka71(m): 2:39pm On Jun 28
Meddymeddy:
this is me eating the food
There is no side effects of this at all.
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by epondudu: 2:39pm On Jun 28
Meddymeddy:

na buhari cause am oo
Who sold Buhari to us? who ask us to support Buhari?,Who is the soul supporter of Buhari because he wanted power?..

2 Likes

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by RightChanneI: 2:39pm On Jun 28
NO SIDE EFFECT EXCEPT LONG LIFE
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Rutherford2019: 2:40pm On Jun 28
You are a real Nigerian
When food expired, it means that after the expiry date bacteria,fungus and other organisms will start growing on it and the food will be a source of infection..gastroenteritis, clostridium botulism etc

quote author=Elsueno post=130632549]it's 'best before' , So no worries...it just means it isn't as delicious or fresh after that said date.

Besides those things like 'expiring date' etc are mostly scam( they want U to eat quicky & buy more), sometimes its just one of the things that made up the product loosing its efficacy. unless u see some insects, spoilage or very abnormal taste or smell...Enjoy ur food.

Imagine them putting expiring date on grains grin grin... Capitalists are very greedy bunch [/quote]
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Bazztadewu: 2:44pm On Jun 28
Omo sapa hold me,naso I go supermarket with my last 6k go buy noodles,minimie spags like 5. Out of 5,3 don get bugs, eggs.after 3days,something just said spread the spaghetti inside tray b4 u cook it.oh bobs naso I spread am,come dey see bugs inside spaghetti.omo e pain me say na my last cash.as a street niggi,I quickly separated them and cooked.all the noodles,spaghetti I bought ,all had bugs in them.they were brand new and not expired.i couldn't go back to the supermarket to complain, I just mark them as scrap.

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by NinjaMetahuman: 2:44pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:

Even if the food will lasts beyond that date, you're at the risk of bn afflicted.
now go back to my post again
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Cmanforall: 2:47pm On Jun 28
Niok:

This goot me laughing grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Entanglement: 2:48pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:

oga why you no get sense?

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Hanndye: 2:48pm On Jun 28
Meddymeddy:
A colleague of mine who is from india just went back to india cos he has finished the project that brought him ti nigeria. so after he left his driver came with some boxes containing the things he had left in his house. his driver handed them to me. some of the items were food which has expired but because of sapa i decided to cook it. pls what are the side effect of eating such foods?
As much as I can tell, taste, color, texture and scent more or less determine the expiration of food and even drugs as against human-determined dates. JUST MY OPINION SHA O.

For an example, you told me a certain rice has expired but I cooked it and it rather tastes good and smell fine. So what do I do? Throw it away because of your 'scientific concocted' opinion today which tomorrow you can say is not so?

God as not given us the senses for nothing.
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by porthouse7(f): 2:48pm On Jun 28
If u have strong immune system, u will always be fine, even if u eat poisoned food
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by IPG25(m): 2:50pm On Jun 28
Knowing the right thing, fail to do it can cost ur mental health.
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Father4all: 2:50pm On Jun 28
You no dey fear oo
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Lucifyre: 2:54pm On Jun 28
Elsueno:
it's 'best before' , So no worries...it just means it isn't as delicious or fresh after that said date.

Besides those things like 'expiring date' etc are mostly scam( they want U to eat quicky & buy more), sometimes its just one of the things that made up the product loosing its efficacy. unless u see some insects, spoilage or very abnormal taste or smell...Enjoy ur food.

Imagine them putting expiring date on grains grin grin... Capitalists are very greedy bunch

This is very bad advice. Not saying you re definitely wrong but there's a reason the date was put there and most items usually have a long shelf life plus its usually better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by MrLibrarian(m): 2:55pm On Jun 28
Elsueno:
it's 'best before' , So no worries...it just means it isn't as delicious or fresh after that said date.

Imagine them putting expiring date on grains grin grin... Capitalists are very greedy bunch
God bless you boss.
You're blessed with wisdom and knowledge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by MrLibrarian(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:
cheesy

Amadioha biko come nd reset the poster's brain for asking foolish question.
your signature says it all troll
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by viodemus: 3:03pm On Jun 28
just standby near toilet, and just incase your sickness no dey reversible, let people know where you put some important things.

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Calylove: 3:06pm On Jun 28
I will just say avoid the get why. Don't come here and talk about sickness oooo...

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by JuanDeDios: 3:10pm On Jun 28
Elsueno:

Yeah, but sometimes it's packing that expires. E.g., the expiry date written on bottled water applies to the bottle, not the water, as after that date, it's thought plastic starts leeching into the water.

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by dapadawee: 3:22pm On Jun 28
Meddymeddy:
A colleague of mine who is from india just went back to india cos he has finished the project that brought him ti nigeria. so after he left his driver came with some boxes containing the things he had left in his house. his driver handed them to me. some of the items were food which has expired but because of sapa i decided to cook it. pls what are the side effect of eating such foods?

It depends
Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Memphitz357: 3:23pm On Jun 28
Helinues won't have any questions to it. E go chop am even if the expiry date na May 29th, 2015.

1 Like

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by Angelfrost(m): 3:26pm On Jun 28
PointZerom:

No need for quarrel between you two... Both of you aren't wrong.

Some Foods past expiry dates can still be consumed without harming the consumer.

However, the manufacturer is simply indemnifying himself by putting that date.

Personally, I believe food should be consumed as fresh as possible! Especially fresh foods like veggies, eggs, fruits, meat and dairy products.

3 Likes

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by BigIyanga: 3:31pm On Jun 28
Elsueno:

Tankio.. dem putting expiry date on things like coffee, water, honey, rice, beans, grains etc…. but none on hard liquor -Henessy, Schnapp, Gin, Wines and tobacco πŸ€·πŸΏβ€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: Expired Foods: What Is The Side Effect? by jaymichael(m): 3:33pm On Jun 28
Elsueno:

Besides those things like 'expiring date' etc are mostly scam( they want U to eat quicky & buy more), sometimes its just one of the things that made up the product loosing its efficacy. unless u see some insects, spoilage or very abnormal taste or smell...Enjoy ur food. You are right πŸ‘. If it looks good and tastes good, it is good to eat not minding the "best before" date. If it doesn't look good or taste good anymore even if the best before date is not due yet, DON'T EAT. Food no dey expire. They can go bad but not expire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Chew Or Swallow Your β€˜swallow’ Meals? / Picture Of A Nairaland Addict Cooking Food For His Lovely Wife. / Stop Storing Cooked Food In Refrigerator Over Three Days - NAFDAC Warn Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.