Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,851 members, 7,876,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:15 PM

Bury Me Beside My Wife, Leah! How The Rejected Wife Became The Cornerstone! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bury Me Beside My Wife, Leah! How The Rejected Wife Became The Cornerstone! (78 Views)

Let The Dead Bury The Dead (What Jesus Actually Meant?) / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bury Me Beside My Wife, Leah! How The Rejected Wife Became The Cornerstone! by Daejumong(m): 7:57am On Jun 24
Bury me beside my wife, Leah in the same cave Abraham/ Sarah and Isaac/Rebecca were buried! The love Jacob later had for Leah was crazy! What happened to the love he had initially for Rachel?

Gen 49
29 Then he gave them these instructions: “I am about to be gathered to my people. Bury me with my fathers in the cave in the field of Ephron the Hittite.
31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.
33 When Jacob had finished giving instructions to his sons, he drew his feet up into the bed, breathed his last and was gathered to his people

Rachel was buried on the way to Bethlehem.
Genesis 35:19
“And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.”

Jacob honoured Leah by burying her with his fathers and mothers! He also asked to be buried beside her with his fathers/mothers!

Initially, Jacob loved Rachel more than Leah. However, over time, he came to recognize Leah’s virtues. Leah was faithful, resilient, and a mother to many of Jacob’s children. Her steadfast love and commitment left a lasting impact on Jacob.

Jacob’s choice to be buried near Leah underlines the transformation of his feelings and the recognition of Leah’s worth. It reminds us that true beauty lies not only in appearance but also in character and devotion.

Eccl 3:1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

No condition is definitely permanent. The rejected stone has become the chief cornerstone!

Are there other reasons you think Jacob accorded Leah this great honour? Kindly share in the comment section.

(1) (Reply)

Encounter With Awa [our] Only Yahnwe Saves Ix / Love And Godliness I / Holy Spirit Help Us To Believe Your Word Over Our Physical Circumstances/thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.