Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,356 members, 7,894,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 11:19 AM

This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old (284 Views)

Mercedes Benz W124 Popularly Known As 'V-Boot' Is 35 Years Old (Photos) / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic / Man Crashes Rented Lamborghini As He Tries To Impress Woman He Met At A Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by diamond68: 7:57am On Jun 24
I first met the boy in 2021 he was just 11 years old. I just stumbled on their shop at ikate lekki. Long story short my alternator needed replacement. The elder in the shop told the 11 year old to go replace it. I looked at the man like are you crazy ? You Dey send this small boy to come destroy my car ? The man laughed and said I should not worry. I monitored the boy closely as he did the job. He was good. Anyway fast forward to yesterday I was at spar at lekki ikate and after shopping the car no gree start. So I remembered the guy from back then because the shop wasn’t far and I went there. The boy was slightly bigger than I remembered him but he still looked very young but he had now become an expert. I mean the things he did with a spanner and a few tools I have never seen any mechanic do. It’s like a gifted intuitive ability that can’t be taught. The way he went about testing car components it’s like I can’t even describe it, it was just amazing to watch this young master at work. Anyway so the problem which was quickly diagnosed was a bad starter but I like the way he pulled out the starter and then went about testing the starter out of the car and then somehow hooked up the pulled out starter to the car battery and tried to get me to start the car that way. The guy was just doing some out of this world diagnostic magic tricks that I found amazing. That guy is a genius and he not even old enough to drive. Anyway he hooked my car up and coupled everything back together. Keep in mind he was going back and forth to his shop and then went to jakande to get the starter serviced etc. he was with me for like 4 hours. When I asked how much his labor was he said 10000. I gave him the 10000 without even pricing it. That’s only like 5 pounds. If you did that much work in a shop in uk you will be billed 200 pounds.
Re: This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by muyico(m): 8:08am On Jun 24
I smell, u re not from here! pure Nigeria car owner can't give him 5k self! except yahoo boi
Re: This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by diamond68: 8:12am On Jun 24
muyico:
I smell, u re not from here! pure Nigeria car owner can't give him 5k self! except yahoo boi
it’s only 5 pounds bro . I earn in pounds . Am blessed by God because I am generous to people who work for me. Someone has given me 10 million Naira free of charge. So I don’t have a stingy relationship with money because many people have blessed me richly

I sow into people and I harvest richly
Re: This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by muyico(m): 8:26am On Jun 24
diamond68:
it’s only 5 pounds bro . I earn in pounds . Am blessed by God because I am generous to people who work for me. Someone has given me 10 million Naira free of charge. So I don’t have a stingy relationship with money because many people have blessed me richly

I sow into people and I harvest richly
Good for you! nothing go free on earth, what goes around, come around!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by diamond68: 8:28am On Jun 24
muyico:
Good for you! nothing go free on earth, what goes around, come around!
it’s true. Bless people and you will be blessed .
Re: This Genius Mechanic I Met. He Is Only 15 Years Old by PinkNature(m): 10:43am On Jun 24
diamond68:
I first met the boy in 2021 he was just 11 years old. I just stumbled on their shop at ikate lekki. Long story short my alternator needed replacement. The elder in the shop told the 11 year old to go replace it. I looked at the man like are you crazy ? You Dey send this small boy to come destroy my car ? The man laughed and said I should not worry. I monitored the boy closely as he did the job. He was good. Anyway fast forward to yesterday I was at spar at lekki ikate and after shopping the car no gree start. So I remembered the guy from back then because the shop wasn’t far and I went there. The boy was slightly bigger than I remembered him but he still looked very young but he had now become an expert. I mean the things he did with a spanner and a few tools I have never seen any mechanic do. It’s like a gifted intuitive ability that can’t be taught. The way he went about testing car components it’s like I can’t even describe it, it was just amazing to watch this young master at work. Anyway so the problem which was quickly diagnosed was a bad starter but I like the way he pulled out the starter and then went about testing the starter out of the car and then somehow hooked up the pulled out starter to the car battery and tried to get me to start the car that way. The guy was just doing some out of this world diagnostic magic tricks that I found amazing. That guy is a genius and he not even old enough to drive. Anyway he hooked my car up and coupled everything back together. Keep in mind he was going back and forth to his shop and then went to jakande to get the starter serviced etc. he was with me for like 4 hours. When I asked how much his labor was he said 10000. I gave him the 10000 without even pricing it. That’s only like 5 pounds. If you did that much work in a shop in uk you will be billed 200 pounds.

Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

. / . / Who Is Covered Under Third Party Motor Insurance Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.