Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,455 members, 7,923,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 12:02 PM

Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead (33675 Views)

Trademore Estate, Lugbe Abuja Flood (More Pictures & Video) / Flood Trapped Several Persons In Trademore Area Of Lugbe, Abuja (Video) / Flood Sweeps Man Away In Trademore Estate, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by spartachico(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24
Again ,,haa
And the same rain is about to start here in Lagos this same Monday ...abeg pity us for lekki oo ...na to carry canoe come out and park car for 4th floor parking lot
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by sallazlee(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24
May God save us
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by BItt: 2:17pm On Jun 24
It could have been avoided. Those guys didn't listen, I think they are more than 2 folks
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Deogratiasfx: 2:17pm On Jun 24
magabounce:
Every year!!
Every time!! Its the same story!!!

Don't mind them. Every yr they keep dying and won't leave that place. No matter how much u spend to build it, is ur life not more important?
I wonder how some humans reason
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Afrojuju2017(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24
AmiableMosquito:
At least two people have now been reported dead. This has become a perennial issue, occurring for several consecutive years.

Well, I am almost certain Wike will demolish houses in that area because that estate is obviously sitting on a canal or major drainage.

The government has been trying to do something about it for more than 6 years now. I can remember the former FCT minister and FHA having some issue with some sections but the residents have been blocking all attempts to correct the flooding issue. This is even small compared to years past.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Afrojuju2017(m): 2:19pm On Jun 24
AngryMrMAN:

Yeahhh.

If this happened in the East corn rabbits will find a way to drag Peter obi into natural disaster.

By the way where are all the money wasted to prevent this things in Abuja

You build houses on a flood plain what do you expect. Guaranteed every year this would happen.

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Demayour: 2:20pm On Jun 24
Rexymania:
I thought Abuja was up hill

Proper drainage should be done in that area

Downhill is the way uphill. The estate must be in a downhill part.

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by DUNDEEmoderatos: 2:20pm On Jun 24
AmiableMosquito:
At least two people have now been reported dead. This has become a perennial issue, occurring for several consecutive years.

Well, I am almost certain Wike will demolish houses in that area because that estate is obviously sitting on a canal or major drainage.
You want Igbos to start crying marginalization.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Afrojuju2017(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24
omoredia:
Muslim Muslim ticket is a one way ticket to hell. When u believed terrorists to lead u to a good place u will be soundly disappointed.

Trademore has been flooding before Buhari got into government.
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Lavor234: 2:20pm On Jun 24
We will be back here, next June
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Afrojuju2017(m): 2:21pm On Jun 24
Rexymania:
I thought Abuja was up hill

Proper drainage should be done in that area

All hills have valleys ! The idea is to not build in the valleys

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by dokig: 2:22pm On Jun 24
Why not run for your dear life while the flood were building up. Your life is more important than Property
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Afrojuju2017(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24
ElevationD:
I thought that after their previous experiences, something serious would have been done to save the lives of citizens in that estate.

Rather than purchase jeeps that serves only their personal purposes, why not channel the funds to flood prone areas like this? Last year, flooding cost lives and properties. This year the same thing is repeated. It shows that despite voting to get them into power, nothing was done in one year.

Again, the disagreement between Wike and Mrs. Ireti Kingibe makes it difficult for them to do something meaningful together in the FCT. Wike dances to the tune of BAT, while Ireti Kingibe appears to dance to her own tune or to the tune of the citizens, even as the FCT senator.

Houses should never have been built there to start with. FG and FCT authorities have been trying for years now to take action but have bern held back by court injunctions

2 Likes

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by omoredia: 2:25pm On Jun 24
Afrojuju2017:

Trademore has been flooding before Buhari got into government.

Then why has poverty increase a hundred fold? Stop lying to urself. Islam and MusIims have failed as expected.

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Truthsandtrusts: 2:26pm On Jun 24
AmiableMosquito:

Drainage or no drainage,fear nature.....the western world has better drainage but still go through floods
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by AmiableMosquito: 2:29pm On Jun 24
DUNDEEmoderatos:

You want Igbos to start crying marginalization.
Ah, lol grin

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Bluntemperor: 2:32pm On Jun 24
tiswell:
Fct is a glorified slum.
Not even among 1st ten beautiful nation capitals in africa

By the time Wike comes down to give the Place a path so that no water will be able to stay,some will be shouting, ' Wike don come' and why should an Estate be built without adequate preparation for Floods to pass through and is becoming perennial absurdity!
Hon Wike,over to you!
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by tunjijones(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24
Fake news
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by AmiableMosquito: 2:33pm On Jun 24
Afrojuju2017:

The government has been trying to do something about it for more than 6 years now. I can remember the former FCT minister and FHA having some issue with some sections [b]but the residents have been blocking all attempts to correct the flooding issue. [/b]This is even small compared to years past.
This is where you can trust Wike, the strong-headed man.

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by IdeasYapayaski: 2:36pm On Jun 24
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Mavor: 2:37pm On Jun 24
If this estate keeps on having this issue every year and the estate management plus Abuja authorities have refused to do anything, then why are people living there, even if the house rent is Awoof price! Nigerians sef!
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by AmiableMosquito: 2:37pm On Jun 24
Truthsandtrusts:

Drainage or no drainage,fear nature.....the western world has better drainage but still go through floods
Which of the western world? I deal with empirical findings and research based evidence. Point out which part of the western world and I will explain to you how their flooding rarely claim lives or is mitigated within the shortest possible time. That of trademoore is a recurring decimal.

1 Like

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by NothingDoMe: 2:39pm On Jun 24
This Estate dey always flood. Na to park out sharperly
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by freeman67: 2:43pm On Jun 24
Immediately it happens, they will start calling on government to do something. Whereas the same government has identified what to do and had wanted to do it since but they won't let the government. Is it that they just want to be sacrificing themselves yearly and that after ask the government for hand out or what?

I understand that it's not easy for civil servants to acquire land and build because it takes a lot of sacrifices but then if you or your family is swept away by flood who will now occupy the house.

Nigerians matter just the tire me.

2 Likes

Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Blackman101: 2:45pm On Jun 24
i am surprised people are still staying in this area after reoccurring incidents at the same place
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Tradepunter2: 2:49pm On Jun 24
AngryMrMAN:

This right here is the reason you need to get a job fam

😅😀😊😀😀😀
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by ElevationD: 3:01pm On Jun 24
Afrojuju2017:

Houses should never have been built there to start with. FG and FCT authorities have been trying for years now to take action but have bern held back by court injunctions

Originally there was no issue when Trademoore estate was handed over to the owners. It appears that human and natural factors make it difficult during the raining seasons now. While many houses have been demolished, other estates developed around had their drainages channeled through that area, causing the hardship.

I think Senator Ireti Kingibe got interested in the matter and took it up last year. However without proper coordination and cooperation with Wike, the citizens in that estate will continue to suffer. The two of them want to work, but their political differences, affiliations, interests and ego keep them apart.

In all the FG through Wike, should set aside their differences with Senator Kingibe and fix the drainage problems in that estate and the surrounding ones.
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by Ijaya123: 3:06pm On Jun 24
ElevationD:
I thought that after their previous experiences, something serious would have been done to save the lives of citizens in that estate.

Rather than purchase jeeps that serves only their personal purposes, why not channel the funds to flood prone areas like this? Last year, flooding cost lives and properties. This year the same thing is repeated. It shows that despite voting to get them into power, nothing was done in one year.

The FCT Administration had since 2022 made several attempts to demolish parts of the estate said to be on a flood plain, but a court case instituted by residents against it halted the exercise.

Is it clear to you now?
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by akaahs(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24
magabounce:
Every year!!
Every time!! Its the same story!!!
No mind them. They protested last year when asked to vacate the area.
Re: Flooding At Trademore Estate In Abuja, 2 People Feared Dead by CountinBlessins(m): 3:15pm On Jun 24
The minister is more focused om Rivers state. The Presdent will soon sack that man undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Killed At The Back Of Hotel I Lodged In Ado Ekiti (Photos) / Bus Plunges 220ft Into China River After Passenger-Driver Fight, Killing All 15 / Anthony Oshinuga Fulfills Dream Of Flying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.