Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,119 members, 7,925,515 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 05:05 PM

Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? (430 Views)

New Chinese Traffic Light In Abuja To Be Avoided By All Means. / Advice Needed: Shock Absorber For My Camry 2008 V6 / 6 Tell-tale Signs To Know When To Replace Shock Absorber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? by fineboynl(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24
I want to buy the Chinese shock absorber but abit scared. Reason is that those used one are mostly reworked and doesn't last. You will be so lucky if it lasted 4 months considering the bad roads. Between 1-2 months you wil start noticing it's going bad.

The seller is say the new one will last 2 years. How true is this?

Has anyone bought those cheap Chinese shock ?
Re: Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? by Iamicekid(m): 2:34pm On Jun 24
I bought 2 Chinese shock absorber and it really been good that those Belgium used ones, I don’t know why mechanics always recommend used ones claiming it last longer than Chinese but I don’t believe it sha
Re: Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? by fineboynl(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24
Iamicekid:
I bought 2 Chinese shock absorber and it really been good that those Belgium used ones, I don’t know why mechanics always recommend used ones claiming it last longer than Chinese but I don’t believe it sha
thanks. Similar thing with steering pump. I bought new pump it's been 2 years without any issue and very silent. I will go fit the new I plan to change the complete 4 but balance and durable.
Re: Is New Chinese Shock Better Than Used Shock Absorber? by IceColdVeins(m): 3:06pm On Jul 05
fineboynl:
I want to buy the Chinese shock absorber but abit scared. Reason is that those used one are mostly reworked and doesn't last. You will be so lucky if it lasted 4 months considering the bad roads. Between 1-2 months you wil start noticing it's going bad.

The seller is say the new one will last 2 years. How true is this?

Has anyone bought those cheap Chinese shock ?
New pumps may last 1-3 years in average driving conditions but they are not strong enough to withstand sudden and hard hits on bumps/deep ditch, hence they may bend or crack, thereby losing the gas pressure and will immediately render them dysfunctional and money wasted. (Note this may even happen in a short time after purchase)
On the other hand, many used shock absorbers are just either refurbished or gassed and will give up in a few weeks of hard driving on uneven roads. Most part sellers are not generous with the truth about the quality of absorbers that they sell and the authentic ones are even as expensive as the new china ones.

My advice: Since you may not be able to differentiate refurbished shock absorbers from the authentic foreign used ones, buy new ones and avoid running into deep ditches.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bentley Manufactures Its First Electric Car (photos) / Comply With The Law Or Be Ready To Face The Music - LASTMA / Clearing Agent At Your Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.