Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,013 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads (10533 Views)

No Clandestine Meeting Between CJN Ariwoola & President-Elect Tinubu - Onanuga / I Regret Introducing Osinbajo To Tinubu – Onanuga Blows Hot / Buhari: Be Patient With Any Law You Have Misgiving About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Kuginzi: 5:04am On Jun 25
The Presidency on Monday appealed to Nigerians not to pile unnecessary pressure on President Bola Tinubu, assuring that he would transmit the proposed bill on the new minimum wage to the National Assembly once it is ready.

The Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga, made the plea in a phone chat with The PUNCH.

The assurance comes barely 24 hours after the Organised Labour urged the President to consider consulting and reaching an agreement with its leadership before transmitting the bill to the National Assembly.

The workers’ union admitted that their much anticipated meeting of the National Executive Committee, which will accommodate about 300 Labour leaders, is being stalled by Tinubu’s delay to transmit the wage bill.

The last time the NLC and the TUC held a joint extraordinary National Executive Council was on June 4.

It was an emergency meeting to determine whether to continue its strike or shelve it following the agreement they reached with the government.

The President had announced in his Democracy Day broadcast that a consensus had been reached between the Federal Government and Labour on the new wage, a claim both the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress debunked.

A month after his speech, Tinubu left the camp of Labour and Nigerians waited in anxiety on what the FG was up to.

Reacting, Onanuga wondered what the rush for the transmission of the bill was all about.

While admitting that he had no knowledge of the date for submission, the presidential aide pleaded for more time.

“People should be patient,” he stated.

His appeal comes one week after he reiterated that the N250,000 wage being demanded by the workers’ union is unsustainable, warning that the Federal Government cannot channeled all its resources to meet such demand.

https://punchng.com/minimum-wage-be-patient-with-tinubu-presidency-pleads/

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by babdap: 5:37am On Jun 25
convert Nigerian Civil/Public servants salary to Euro or pounds, and you will realise that in Nigeria, we are only waiting for judgement day.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 5:38am On Jun 25
Nigerians should also appeal to the Labour union to be serious and realistic for once with their proposal

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Racoon(m): 5:39am On Jun 25
The presidency is mad.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 5:41am On Jun 25
Racoon:
The presidency is mad.

Wailing, crying, teeth gnashing, that's all what you know.

The cause of the problems is non of your business. Solutions to the problem, what's your business with it.

All what you know is to blame, accuse, wail and nag and yet expecting changes. Una opposition no even get clue about solving anything apart from blame game

Una go wail tired

22 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Racoon(m): 5:45am On Jun 25
helinues:
Nigerians should also appeal to the Labour union to be serious and realistic for once with their proposal
You are always a joker on this forum. Even the most senior defenders of this wicked and evil government have long disappeared from here. Only warped fellas are still incredibly trying to defend a failed govt

Let's paint the picture again for you man. The government that is asking the suffering workers to be patient is the same crazy govt that is buying a presidential yatch/ jet, budget billions for feeding/travelling/SUVs for greedy NASS members, #21B for VP residence, #90B for hajj among many other financial recklessness and executive rascality.

Meanwhile, the citizens continue to groan in pain of hunger, unemployment, high cost of living, economic stagnation, deteriorating insecurity, poor healthcare system, investors/forex flight and double-digit galloping inflation.

When it comes to paying a decent minimum wage for the suffering worker, then you start rationalising. These people are really wicked. Meanwhile, all the lootocracy has never been based on contentment. Don't let parochial and ethno-religious sentiments becloud your sound sense of judgement man. Enough!

131 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Racoon(m): 5:45am On Jun 25
helinues:
Wailing, crying, teeth gnashing, that's all what you know.The cause of the problems is non of your business. Solutions to the problem, what's your business with it.....Una opposition no even get clue about solving anything apart from blame game .Una go wail tired
That is still senseless of you! How do you expect me to proffer solution to your almighty Tinubu-the famed criminal that build Lagos from Atlantic ocean? Thought you lots hyped him as the expected messiah that came to government prepared?

Same fella that said "emilokan"? His heroin-infested brain cant think to proved solution to the multiple problems his darling APC have inflicted upon the Nigerian nation? Or you think the office of the president is occupied based on a stroll in a park?

Govt should not be hold to probity, accountability and responsibility or senseless psycophancy should take the center stage? People of your kind are the reason Nigeria has continued to deteriorate.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 5:48am On Jun 25
Racoon:
You are always a joker on this forum. Even the most senior defenders of this wicked and evil government have long disappeared from here. Only warped fellas are still incredibly trying to defend a failed govt

Let's paint the picture again for you man. The same government asking suffering workers to be patient is the same crazy govt that is buying a presidential yatch/jet, budget billions for feeding/travelling/SUVs for greedy NASS members, #21B for VP residence, #90B for hajj.

When it comes to paying a decent minimum wage for the suffering worker, then you start rationalising. These people are really wicked. Meanwhile, all the lootocracy has never been based on contentment. Don't let parochial and ethno-religious sentiments becloud your sound sense of judgement man. Enough!

They have subsidized Hajj, that's shouldn't be a talk again, after all, I also didn't support it.

Why do you oppositions refused to talk about the unseriousness and unrealistic proposal by Labour union which is dragging the negotiations about the new minimum wage.

If there are states still paying N18k as minimum wage which this Labour couldn't do Jack about, why should they be proposing N250k again?

What's the total number of the government workers compared to private sectors workers? How many of the private sectors would be able to pay the minimum wage Labour are proposing, not even the Labour executives running their private businesses

18 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Racoon(m): 5:53am On Jun 25
helinues:
They have subsidized Hajj, that's shouldn't be a talk again, after all, I also didn't support it. Why do you oppositions refused to talk about the unseriousness and unrealistic proposal by Labour union which is dragging the negotiations about the new minimum wage.

If there are states still paying N18k as minimum wage which this Labour couldn't do Jack about, why should they be proposing N250k again?
Let's paint the picture again for you man. The same government asking suffering workers to be patient is the same crazy govt that is buying a presidential yatch/jet, budget billions for feeding/travelling/SUVs for greedy NASS members, #21B for VP residence, #90B for hajj.

When it comes to paying a decent minimum wage for the suffering worker, then they start rationalising. These people are really wicked. Of all the myriads of problems on ground, the same useless drug baron and certificate forger you are defending here day and night boldly told a nation that, "changing the national anthem is my greatest concern."

Meanwhile, all the lootocracy has never been based on contentment. Don't let parochial and ethno-religious sentiments becloud your sound sense of judgement man. Enough!

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by RandomFellow: 5:57am On Jun 25
I'm not a Tinubu supporter, but NLC are so unrealistic with their demands! Are they aware that increasing the minimum wage actually means increasing the salaries of everyone employed by the government? Where do they expect the federal government or even state governors to get such funds? Imagine the cleaner earning 30 is now earning 250k; what do you expect a supervisor earning 80k to start earning? 300k? Now, what will a deputy director earn? 500k?750? Director? Perm sec? Where will Naija get such kind of money to pay people that will still expect tips for them to do their jobs? Abeg make NLC go sidon🙄🙄🙄

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 5:59am On Jun 25
Racoon:

When it comes to paying a decent minimum wage for the suffering worker, then they start rationalising. These people are really wicked. Of all the myriads of problems on ground, the same useless drug baron and certificate forger you are defending here day and night boldly told a nation that, "changing the national anthem is my greatest concern."

Meanwhile, all the lootocracy has never been based on contentment. Don't let parochial and ethno-religious sentiments becloud your sound sense of judgement man. Enough!

Gosh, na why things refused to change in the country as most Nigerians only know how to blame but don't just have solutions to the problem. Stop painting any pictures and let's be realistic here

Take Hajj subsidy out, private jet out, VP's house out, let's talk about states, Private sectors and labour themselves.

Which Nigeria states do you think can afford N100k minimum wage presently? A governor in one of the Nigeria states said if they shared his state GDP to each citizens, they can't get up to N2,500.

Why are the oppositions also being unrealistic and unserious with their arguments regarding the new minimum wage? How many months now have FG, Labour Union , private sectors have been having meetings with no conclusion?

Why should Labour be making negotiations with FG without involving NGF?

See, the situation here is not about continuation of blaming or attacking but The cause of the stalemate and the solutions

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by WebSurfer(m): 5:59am On Jun 25
yoruba ronu una see unaselves now ?

8 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Racoon(m): 6:01am On Jun 25
helinues:
See, the situation here is not about continuation of blaming or attacking but The cause of the stalemate and the solutions
So how many solution have you proffer to the useless man on seat, how many have been implemented and have it really bettered the life of the groaning citizens and workers in Nigeria today? Are you really feeling what people are passing through in Nigeria today? You seems to be a robot.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by SisterRamota(f): 6:01am On Jun 25
helinues:

Gosh, na why things refused to change in the country as most Nigerians only know how to blame but don't just have solutions to the problem.

Take Hajj subsidy out, private jet out, VP's house out, let's talk about states, Private sectors and labour themselves.

Which Nigeria states do you think can afford N100k minimum wage presently? A governor in one of the Nigeria states said if they shared his state GDP to each citizens, they can't get up to N2,500.

Why are the oppositions also being unrealistic and unserious with their arguments regarding the new minimum wage? How many months now have FG, Labour Union , private sectors have been having meetings with no conclusion?

Do you want to work and earn the new minimum wage? Hurry up ok.

20 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by THilfiger(m): 6:05am On Jun 25
Flew to South Africa on eye service to attend inauguration.

13 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Bobloco: 6:05am On Jun 25
Patient with whom... Tinubu 

Is Tinubu patient with himself? 

Is he going to give Nigerians a living wage?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Nackzy: 6:06am On Jun 25
Fools in power

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Gadafii: 6:06am On Jun 25
Nigerians should be the one to adjust, while they buy SUVs, jets, watches, travel the world

There is absolutely nothing tinubu has gotten right since he took over, everything went from worse to God abeg..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Gadafii: 6:07am On Jun 25
helinues:

Gosh, na why things refused to change in the country as most Nigerians only know how to blame but don't just have solutions to the problem. Stop painting any pictures and let's be realistic here

just listen to your self, we should take all these out, when they have already been paid for

Billions of naira used to renovate residential buildings for president and vice in Lagos and abuja.

Let the govt reduce cost of governance by cutting down those ridiculous allowances,imagine a senator earning "hardship allowance" monthly, this is what I expected you say, but you are just a heartless human, instead youbare defending state govts by asking how many states can pay 100k

Nigerian governors can comfortable pay 100k if they are serious, Yaya Bello stole over 80billion naira, elrufai stole more. So what exactly are you saying Mr Anus

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by EdiskyHarry: 6:07am On Jun 25
When lai Muhammed and femi adesina told us we will miss buhari, I was thinking it's a joke.
Buhari was the worst president in the history of Africa, but he was 100 billion times better than this useless old man "tinubu"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by EMXTAN1(m): 6:07am On Jun 25
It's well...
I pray God really uses someone here who can help me get a Civil service job I've done my best in bussiness and other field.. Just isn't working...
Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by mrblessed(m): 6:09am On Jun 25
Tinubu really started where Buhari stopped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by izubext007: 6:10am On Jun 25
onanuga, inflation is not patient.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by cjudy(m): 6:11am On Jun 25
helinues:
Zone B

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 6:11am On Jun 25
Racoon:
So how many solution have you proffer to the useless man on seat, how many have been implemented and have it really bettered the life of the groaning citizens and workers in Nigeria today? Are you really feeling what people are passing through in Nigeria today? You seems to be a robot.

Hahaha

You are asking me how many solutions I have provided?

That question alone is just so mischievous. I make my suggestions/opinions about issue without wailing like you people .

If I can have nothing less than 80% accurate analysis on this forum, how many suggestions of mine do you think those who are in power have made use of? Go through my threads history, this no be mouth.

Now, you tell us what single suggestion you have ever made on this forum apart from wailing and blaming the government?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by pennyland(m): 6:12am On Jun 25
Rich continue to be richer poor continue to be poorer
Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by CharlotteFlair: 6:15am On Jun 25
You are mad.

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by helinues: 6:16am On Jun 25
Gadafii:
just listen to your self, we should take all these out, when they have already been paid for

Billions of naira used to renovate residential buildings for president and vice in Lagos and abuja.

Let the govt reduce cost of governance by cutting down those ridiculous allowances,imagine a senator earning "hardship allowance" monthly, this is what I expected you say, but you are just a heartless human, instead youbare defending state govts by asking how many states can pay 100k

Nigerian governors can comfortable pay 100k if they are serious, Yaya Bello stole over 80billion naira, elrufai stole more. So what exactly are you saying Mr Anus

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by olatade(m): 6:19am On Jun 25
He can resign immediately if he is not ready for pressure.

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by jumpandpas(m): 6:22am On Jun 25
wink
Bayo OnUDELE,
Was he patient with Nigerians before removing subsidy?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by CharlotteFlair: 6:24am On Jun 25
helinues:

Hahaha

That question alone is just so mischievous. I make my suggestions/opinions about issue without wailing like you people .

If I can have nothing less than 80% accurate analysis on this forum, how many suggestions of mine do you think those who are in power have made use of? Go through my threads history, this no be mouth.

Now, you tell us what single suggestion you have ever made on this forum apart from wailing and blaming the government?
You are a master of copy and paste.

Do you advice a government who claims to know it all? Do you advice a government who are not interested in your advice? You are here wailing on NL saying you are proffering solutions, on national TV every morning, seasoned technocrats and economists are live advicing government, what have they done with it?

Did you also proffer solutions to Jonathan during his tenure? Did you show understanding and maturity then?

80% of your threads comments expose you as a tribal bigot, so what exactly are you doing?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Be Patient With Tinubu, Onanuga Pleads by Thegamingorca(m): 6:24am On Jun 25
helinues:

Hahaha

The solution is simple. Tinubu should carry the price of food produce and basic amenities to how he met the economy before his government entered office, if he wants labour to reconsider.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article / How Boko Haram Started – Gov Aliyu / Igwe Onyejekwe, Obi of Onitsha going through rituals of his coronatio - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.