Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,329 members, 7,888,054 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:22 PM

Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis (38888 Views)

Ado Bayero Hoists Flag At Nassarawa Mini Palace / Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero Takes New Wife (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by dre11(m): 7:10am On Jun 25
Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero, the daughter of the late Emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, has cried to Abia State Governor, Alex Otti and Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, over the threat to evict her, her mother and brother from a Lagos hospitality accommodation.

She claimed that ever since the death of her father, she and her siblings had not had access to her father’s estate and inheritance.
We tried to plead with notable men, whom our father would have wanted to be our father figures, to get us a home and a business, but nothing has happened. They are men like the late Maitama Sule, the late Shehu Idris, Emir of Zaria, and the late Tony Momoh, who was my mum’s uncle, but no respite yet.

“As a daughter of the House of Dabo in the Kano Royal dynasty, I have tried my best to avoid going into the details of the drama behind the scenes, but I can’t help it anymore.

“In my directorial debut of telling the story of my dad, I have been sabotaged for whatever reasons, but I know that’s the reason it hasn’t been launched or supported by the government or my father’s admirers in the North.”

“I’m trying to be independent and survive, but as a royal, it’s not easy. The project was self-funded by my mum and myself. We got an apartment but got evicted last year,” Zainab recounted.

She explained that her mum and brother have been in Morning Side Suites for two months now. According to her, they have tried hard to settle the bills but it’s a tough situation.

Her words: “The General Manager (GM) of the hotel asked us to vacate today (yesterday), June 24, 2024, by 12.pm. They came with police to evict us, but we are still begging them.

I need Alex Otti to intervene in this situation. I know as a father, he wouldn’t bear our eviction. I have tried to get to him by sending some members of his staff like J. Martins, but I got no response.

The death of my father put us in this danger. I hope I get a positive response from Otti. The current Emir of Kano, HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, is also aware of our predicament. I pray for peace in Kano State and hope that the Governor of Kano, Abba Yusuf, also intervenes in this matter because we need help.

https://guardian.ng/late-emir-of-kanos-daughter-seeks-otti-sanusis-help-over-accommodation-crisis/#google_vignette

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Sheistoopretty(f): 7:11am On Jun 25
How true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Amotolongbo(f): 7:20am On Jun 25
arakosil:
This is really heartbreaking. I pray they get help.
Heartbreaking why?

Cos they are a past Emir’s children and wife?
What stops them going to the street to hustle hard like other Nigerian citizens? Oh past royalty doesn’t do “dirty jobs”!

Arguably once the biggest Oba in Yoruba land has one of his daughters working her arse out as a carer in UK, not depending on the royalties and estate left behind by her father.
Entitlement mentality I see here. Let them go out and work. There is dignity in labour.

236 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by GeneralPula: 7:23am On Jun 25
She claimed that ever since the death of her father, she and her siblings had not had access to her father’s estate and inheritance.

Haha..

Why nah?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by dawnomike(m): 7:27am On Jun 25
This is a serious one...

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Forumites: 7:33am On Jun 25
Amotolongbo:
Heartbreaking why?

What stops them going to the street to hustle hard like other Nigerian citizens? Oh past royalty doesn’t do “dirty jobs”!

Arguably once the biggest Oba in Yoruba land has one of his daughters working her arse out as a carer in UK, not depending on the royalties and estate left behind by her father.
Entitlement mentality I see here. Let them go out and work
life never hit you before. You just dey write rubbish. Are you Alex Otti, Abi sanusi na you uncle? Why u dey dabble into complexities? Be careful

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by jumper524(m): 7:33am On Jun 25
this one surprise me.
her brother is in Kano struggling to regain the throne, her cousin is sanusi lamido.
this people are elites, what went wrong.

I'm certain even her mother side is well to do as I know royalty don't really marry outsider.
this matter just get as e be.
those when know sha make them just adjust.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Tizu(m): 7:36am On Jun 25
Being the daughter of a late Emir is not an occupation.
Go and find work and learn to live within your means.
When you live above your means you will definitely die beyond your means.

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Lanretoye(m): 7:38am On Jun 25
They should be the responsibility of the emirates abi wetin concern otti for this one? Bayero Dey battle sanusi and bayero’s siblings be calling sanusi for help.even the bayero’’s knows that sanusi is the rightful emir,that’s why they are not calling their uncle for help.

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Kanixt(m): 7:43am On Jun 25
Amotolongbo:
Heartbreaking why?

They tell you that they are not working?

Did you know that bill amount?

Nobody is above seeking for financial help.

Reason with someone predicament first.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by gasparpisciotta: 7:44am On Jun 25
Kano Emirate house of commotion.

But how does Alex Otti enter into this conversation in far away Lagos?

Addendum
Na him get the hotel

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Amotolongbo(f): 7:44am On Jun 25
Forumites:
life never hit you before. You just dey write rubbish. Are you Alex Otti, Abi sanusi na you uncle? Why u dey dabble into complexities? Be careful
What makes you think life hasn’t hit me before.
If I have the same entitlement and lazy mentality as these people and you, I will be everywhere on the street begging for money and and crying “bambiala”.

If life throws you a lemon, make lemonades from it.
Almost everyone had been hit with unpalatable circumstance before, some chose leaving and navigating out the tragedy with no noise, some chose navigating out the tragedy with noise while some chose staying in the tragedy wailing.

Lastly, I’m not Alex Otti or Sanusi. This is a news for the public consumption and I can choose to comment the same way you did, so don’t be silly.

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by RealityKings: 7:47am On Jun 25
Sounds impossible to belive
Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Amotolongbo(f): 7:49am On Jun 25
Kanixt:

They tell you that they are not working?

Did you know that bill amount?

Nobody is above seeking for financial help.

Reason with someone predicament first.
They told you they are working?
How did they incur bills that is above their financial power?
They are not seeking for financial assistance, so what is this in the excerpt below?
“We tried to plead with notable men, whom our father would have wanted to be our father figures, to get us a home and a business, but nothing has happened. They are men like the late Maitama Sule, the late Shehu Idris, Emir of Zaria, and the late Tony Momoh, who was my mum’s uncle, but no respite yet.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Paraman: 7:50am On Jun 25
Is it the same Otti that's owing Abia civil servants?

The same Otti that's not paying the minimum wage?

9 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by StreetFight: 7:53am On Jun 25
Ogun kee your Mama there.

Your father was Emir, so you should never work. Ask the Almajaris on the streets how they have been surviving. Better join them on the railway at Agege, that is where the Almajaris which the political and traditional system created of which you are a major beneficiary.

Na Aiyelala go kee anybody wey try to use government money to help you vagabond

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by BafanaBafana: 7:53am On Jun 25
Damn!
This one no good to hear. Sanusi Lamido can just make a phone call and everything will be settled.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Slytiger: 7:54am On Jun 25
GeneralPula:

Haha..

Why nah?
Islamic laws. Her mum is Edo. Women should really learn not to open their legs to anybody, especially married men, without protection due to fame, money, riches e.t.c the kids born may suffer for it.

24 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Slytiger: 7:54am On Jun 25
Paraman:

😂

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Ojuntana: 7:54am On Jun 25
Amotolongbo:
Heartbreaking why?

I think the problem more is being denied what is due them from their father's estate. That is wrong and not entitlement mentality.
Most of our elites have no problem working their arse out in UK, US or Canada. Na for here them they turn to tin gods. Though I hope it's not the former Alaafin cause Baba seemed to care less about how those he sired through some other women fare in life.

2 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by TheChameleon: 7:55am On Jun 25
This particular lady is derided to have an Edo mother so ..."inferior" according to the Northerners

Who commented when her socalled documentary on Ado Bayero was about to be released. angry

And the insults were even more because of her dressing.

She sef suppose dey dress and behave like a Kano Royal.

Bukola Saraki is said to be secretly a Christian but he & his Dad knew it would limit his acceptance in Kwara so... 🤷

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Ojuntana: 7:55am On Jun 25
Slytiger:

The late Emir likely has over 50 kids. Dna needs to be done to confirm if these ones are truly the late emir's kids.
The Emirate is an islamic stool. As long as she was married to him and had no case of adultery levelled against her, she and her children are entitled to a share of his inheritance. That's what Islamic law says

9 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by StreetFight: 7:56am On Jun 25
Paraman:

YES, the vagabond wants Otti to use Abia money to buy a house for her thriving family.

16 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by StreetFight: 7:57am On Jun 25
Ojuntana:

The Emirate is an islamic stool. As long as she was married to him and had no case of adultery levelled against her, she and her children are entitled to a share of his inheritance. That's what Islamic law says

So Islamic Law says that the people's general wealth should be looted by a small clique of rogues.

You think say na only you dey read this Quran. Na this same Islamic Law una dey use to impoverish the masses.

Now tell me, what does Islamic Law say about Saudi Arabia turning to an alcoholic country which the Saudi Arabian government just signed?

What does Islamic Law say about the daughters of our Prophet (SAW) stripping naked and dancing on stage to be lust after by billions of men in the name of contesting for Miss World, which the Saudi Arabian government just approved?

This thing that una dey call Religion, is purely FRAUD.

I am a Muslim who grew up in the Church. I have been baptized in three different Churches over the decades, but I am still a Muslim because these Churchgoers are just a joke. Very soon they will start forcing Men to sleep with fellow Men..

Religion na Scam

7 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Slytiger: 7:57am On Jun 25
Ojuntana:

Islamic laws.

This is the girl. She does have some resemblance, but Even Sanusi won't touch her with a 10 foot pole. She doesn't appear as a Muslim let alone a princess of the Emirate.

Sanusi himself is married to a daughter of the late Emir. Meaning he is married to the sister of the deposed emir and likely a step sister to the lady below.

5 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Ojuntana: 8:01am On Jun 25
Slytiger:

Well. There needs to be proof. Else anybody can just claim that they are what they not.

This is the girl. She does have some resemblance, but Even Sanusi won't touch her with a 10 foot pole.
Always read to understand. You can't use your prejudice to decide how things should go for others. As far as Islamic law is concerned, if the mother was truly married to the late Emir, then the children deserve a share of the inheritance. All these talk of proof is your own imagination and bias.

Why won't Sanusi touch her? Because she has her head uncovered? Is that one of the conditions for getting inheritance in Islam?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Slytiger: 8:01am On Jun 25
Ojuntana:
Always read to understand. You can't use your prejudice to decide how things should go for others. As far as Islamic law is concerned, if the mother was truly married to the late Emir, then the children deserve a share of the inheritance. All these talk of proof is your own imagination and bias.

Why won't Sanusi touch her? Because she has her head uncovered? Is that one of the conditions for getting inheritance in Islam?
Her mother was not married to the emir. You are just making things up in your head for reasons best known to yourself.

Ps: Sanusi would see her as a Kafir and would not want anything to do with her.

4 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Amotolongbo(f): 8:07am On Jun 25
Ojuntana:

I think the problem more is being denied what is due them from their father's estate. That is wrong and not entitlement mentality.
Most of our elites have no problem working their arse out in UK, US or Canada. Na for here them they turn to tin gods. Though I hope it's not the former Alaafin cause Baba seemed to care less about how those he sired through some other women fare in life.
Not Alaafin. Moreover, these Alaafin children could have also leveraged on their father’s status and start demanding from the public for existence.

If you read the news very well, there is a part of father’s estate denial, there is another part showing their entitlement mentality. If their father does not have an estate like my father, won’t they live?
Will they go for a lodge which is far above their financial capacity to incur such a huge bill?

6 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Neduzze5(m): 8:08am On Jun 25
Morning Sides Suites is a Four Star Hotel in the VIctoria Island Area of Lagos.

A simple search on Google shows that their cheapest room is currently worth about N40,000 per day. Let me assume that they are staying in the cheapest room

Now, she said she, her mum and brother are in the staying in the suite. Expectedly, as adults, they might not share rooms, but let me assume mother and daughter are sharing rooms.

So 2 rooms at the rate of 40,000 each = 80,000.

She also noted that they have been there for 2 months. Let me also assume that each month has a 30 day period.

That means they have so far spent 80,000 x 60 days = N4,800,000.

A whooping four million, eight hundred thousand naira.

This is clear of their everyday food - breakfast, lunch and dinner.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Ojuntana: 8:08am On Jun 25
Slytiger:

How do you know the mother is married to the emir?
She never said her mother was married to the emir. You are just making things up in your head.

Ps: Sanusi would see her as a Kafir and would not want anything to do with her.
You should always learn to read and understand. She mentioned multiple people they reached out to for a share of their father's estate. It is only fair she realises that she can only get that if her mother and father were married.
You also made it up in your head that a DNA test is required when there is no one contesting her paternity with the emir. So I don't think you are the right person to be talking about making things up.

How Sanusi sees her or not is irrelevant in a matter of inheritance. What matters is legality and rights. Again, you are making things up about Sanusi in your head. You do not know for a fact that Sanusi will see her as Kafir

8 Likes

Re: Zainab Jummai Ado-Bayero Seeks Otti, Sanusi’s Help Over Accommodation Crisis by Administration1: 8:08am On Jun 25
But why are they staying in a hotel?

It's not wisdom to stay in a hotel. The monies spent on the bills alone is enough to get them a decent 5 bedroom duplex on rent for 1 year, pending when they'll seek help from on of their father's friend.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hausa Durbar In Pictures / Shahida Sanusi, Abdul Baba Ahmed, Her Husband And Their Daughter (Photos) / Proudly Yorùbá. Let's Get To Know Your Beautiful Oriki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.