Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,052 members, 7,896,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 01:58 PM

Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market (8823 Views)

Naira Down To N1,520/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Down To N1,500/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Down To N1,525/$ In Parallel Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by femi4: 10:31am On Jun 25
Bobloco:
I am still waiting endlessly when the naira will exchange below #1000 for a dollar, as was promised by the BATerians.

I hope I will not be labeled as being bitter, a hater, and an enemy of progress because my candidate lost for being hopeful and optimistic about the naira appreciating and exchanging below #1000 for a dollar.
You go wait taya
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by femi4: 10:36am On Jun 25
Kingrshd3:
It's even better and I can't wait for it to become 2000 per dollar so we can stop importation by all means and try to produce what we want to use and consume and also consume what we produce in vice versa
You can't run away from importation. The difference is that while developed Countries import raw materials more, Nigeria focus is on finished goods

1 Like

Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by grandstar(m): 10:37am On Jun 25
Inspirer1:
true talk, I wonder why some Nigerians politicise everything, both supporters of the President and non supporters are complaining, but when people complain, they'll say they are 'supporters of Peter Obi' leaving the substance and chasing shadows

This is the problem with many of you. You're more fixated at being right. "Yes, I told you so" you would say.

Tinubu, Atiku and Obi aren't God. They are imperfect and would die one day like you (Read Psalm 146:3-4)

If you check my last 100 posts, you'll see my thoughts.

Labeling me Baterian is laughable. I don't even like tagging people Obidients.

1 Like

Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Panda7(m): 10:52am On Jun 25
Naira dnt need to appreciate against the dollar only for selfish entreprenures there is enough nr in exchange for fx
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by blingxx(m): 10:56am On Jun 25
Sergio103:
Find a way to be earning in dollar

Especially the students here.

Yahoo will never stop with this trend

Nigeria is messed up

If yahoo stop, cultism and harm robbery will skyrocket, no one will be safe in daylight, and states like lagos and ogun will become a redzone... If you know the number of jobless youths out there nobody will want to stop yahoo for now
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Yankee101: 11:25am On Jun 25
Market prices in nigeria are 1900 and above and they never came down even after the naira regained artificially by pumbing in fx
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:59am On Jun 25
Lithiumite:

What did PDP offer for 16 years,I am waiting for you to tell me what anyone else has to offer......I dey wait
how much is 1dollar to Naira,,,how much is one bag of rice,,,how much is one bag of cement,,,how much is fuel,,how much are dey selling food stuffs during PDP tenure I now understand that you are lack of integrity
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Streetdoctor: 12:08pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:

You see the difference between Yoruba and other tribes is that the yorubas don't hold on too hard to chauvinism, yorubas are the once shouting the hardest despite their son being there..... check the results of the last election,SW had the highest spread across party lines......but with this thinking of yours there is no way Nigeria can ever progress because of your likes.
Oga rest abeg, you ubas didn't see it coming that's why they started d outcry. We saw it coming, we knew he's not capable, we knew his record in Lagos. Just rest
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Sonofgod1990(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25
Nice one. Dat means 1k dollar is about 1.5 milliiii💋
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by rinzaugustine: 12:13pm On Jun 25
Tinubu disastrous 1 year have vindicated the position of most Nigerians that tinubu stole Peter Obi mandate because he knows he can never win in a free and fair elections like that of South Africa
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by phorget(m): 12:43pm On Jun 25
Kingrshd3:
It's even better and I can't wait for it to become 2000 per dollar so we can stop importation by all means and try to produce what we want to use and consume and also consume what we produce in vice versa

Ordinary pepper and tomatoes weve not produce, the cows reared by Fulani is not even affordable... So what exactly are we suppose to produce that will become affordable for the common man?🤷‍♂️
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 1:02pm On Jun 25
Streetdoctor:

Oga rest abeg, you ubas didn't see it coming that's why they started d outcry. We saw it coming, we knew he's not capable, we knew his record in Lagos. Just rest

He was the best of the 3 candidates,take that to the bank.....when he was in Lagos,he didn't do much but he laid the foundation for the upward trajectory Lagos still has today.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 1:06pm On Jun 25
Riskymarvelous:
how much is 1dollar to Naira,,,how much is one bag of rice,,,how much is one bag of cement,,,how much is fuel,,how much are dey selling food stuffs during PDP tenure I now understand that you are lack of integrity

I now know that u are not to knowledgeable about how the economy has been on a decline since 2007......how much was rice during obj compared to the price during GEJ same for cement,fuel etc
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Treadway: 1:23pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:

He was the best of the 3 candidates,take that to the bank.....when he was in Lagos,he didn't do much but he laid the foundation for the upward trajectory Lagos still has today.
no worry. All of us gather dey watch this foundation that he is laying now na. Y'all have kept parroting this lie about Lagos, like people all over Nigeria had not been moving to Lagos since even the 60s cos of the strategic historical and commercial value of the state. In your warped minds, it is Tinubu that made Lagos viable like literally all our parents didn't migrate to Lagos to school, work and do business since the 60s. Tinubu was the one who had put headquarters of virtually all the major international and national establishments there, dating back to pre-independence Trying painstakingly unintelligently to rewrite history..lol

At the end of this 4years, I will vote for Bulaba to run the country aground for a second term, anybody wey hardship and hopelessness wan kill from now to then, can die and go to hell for all I care. It is survival of the smartest, the bravest, and the fittest. Dog eat dog! Let me now see the sumbitch, that will question my decision to reward the destroyer of Nigeria with a second term to bring in more hunger, hopelessness and desolation, as he builds his 'foundation'. The same foundation he laid for 8 years as governor with nothing to show, only to take the glory of all those who came after him...makes you wonder why he didn't do it himself and take the glory himself

1 Like

Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Blazetrailer: 1:31pm On Jun 25
Your first statement clearly shows your level of "being informed". There is just no point debating or discussing with you further if you need proof that subsidy is still being paid for imported petrol with landing cost of nearly N1300, even with both World Bank and IMF pointing it out recently that Niheria is paying subsidy heavily

Keep your level of denial, bury your head in the sand like an ostrich and pretend there is "no more subsidy"

On the exchange rates, no point debating with you. You don't know anything, with what you have stated below. If you didn't know that it was not floated but devalued to attract foreing investments according to current Minister of Finance,(which is not coming anyways), no point debating it with you.

Rent seeking will continue in an economy full of corruption and ineptitude whether you float or you don't float. That's the lie they told you.

Lithiumite:

Where is your proof that subsidy is back.....if you don't end the rent seeking Forex market that was bleeding the economy by subsidising dollars for the rich in the name of supporting the naira now,then when.....GEJ was not able to achieve subsidy removal because he made people aware before doing it..... drastic situations need drastic measures.

Same people complaining about high cost of living are the same ones supporting labour to demand for a minimum wage increase without minding it's consequences such as hyper inflation.....just because they hate the man who is president,they don't mind the country burn to the ground.

If you are in export business you won't be complaining right now,if your import business is affected,shift to other ventures that are profitable right now.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Blazetrailer: 1:38pm On Jun 25
This dude must be a slowpoke. Why is he trying to shift the blame to Jonathan??

I am from the SW and this current President is the worst we have ever had. A drug addict and a tout found his way to the highest position in Nigeria and these idiots are hailing him after he has damaged the economy without thinking??

Lithiumite:

I now know that u are not to knowledgeable about how the economy has been on a decline since 2007......how much was rice during obj compared to the price during GEJ same for cement,fuel etc
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by InvertedHammer: 1:40pm On Jun 25
OkCornel:
Clears throat.

I just want to remind us that in April 2023, Tinubu promised Nigerians that the naira will exchange for 300 to the USD in the “short term”.

This is June 2024.
/
Why are you blaming Tinubu?

Since 1999, politicians make empty promises and people believe them only to wail later. If 25 years later Tinubu could pull off the same scam in 2023, who is to blame? The people refuse to take responsibility for their idiocy. In 2027, more fake promises and these ones complaining now will throng the campaign venues to dance and merry.
/
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Riskymarvelous(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:

which means you are in full support in dis useless regime right? God will punish all APC supporters
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by RecycleGiftcard: 2:03pm On Jun 25
That's right, you can sell your gift cards to us and we'll give you the highest price.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by IdJack(m): 2:31pm On Jun 25
Find a way to earn in dollars.

Check my signature
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Kobojunkie: 2:35pm On Jun 25
Kingrshd3:
■ This serve as means for us to stop importation then we can build local production and even export but yet Nigerians still want to import again 🤔 That's d problem
What do you have to build local production with when your government is busy with plans to spend all the money it obtained via loans for frivolous items? undecided
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Jun 25
InvertedHammer:
Why are you blaming Tinubu? Since 1999, politicians make empty promises and people believe them only to wail later. If 25 years later Tinubu could pull off the same scam in 2023, who is to blame? The people refuse to take responsibility for their idiocy. In 2027, more fake promises, and these complaining now will throng the campaign venues to dance and merry.
It is indeed unbelievable that almost 25 years later, Nigerians continue to blame everything and everybody else but themselves for the state of affairs in Nigeria. angry
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by PSmurf: 2:44pm On Jun 25
Blazetrailer:
Your first statement clearly shows your level of "being informed". There is just no point debating or discussing with you further if you need proof that subsidy is still being paid for imported petrol with landing cost of nearly N1300, even with both World Bank and IMF pointing it out recently that Niheria is paying subsidy heavily

Keep your level of denial, bury your head in the sand like an ostrich and pretend there is "no more subsidy"

On the exchange rates, no point debating with you. You don't know anything, with what you have stated below. If you didn't know that it was not floated but devalued to attract foreing investments according to current Minister of Finance,(which is not coming anyways), no point debating it with you.

Rent seeking will continue in an economy full of corruption and ineptitude whether you float or you don't float. That's the lie they told you.

Don't mind that fellow, maybe they need to increase his lithium dosage for him to boldly question whether subsidy is still going on, despite the myriad indicators to that fact. He will also ask for proof that water is wet.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:
He was the best of the 3 candidates,take that to the bank ...when he was in Lagos,he didn't do much but he laid the foundation for the upward trajectory Lagos still has today.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣laid the foundation for 8 solid years with nothing to show for all 8 years. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Since your best is nothing, then it is no wonder that Nigeria as it is today appeals to you and others like you! sad
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 3:13pm On Jun 25
Treadway:
no worry. All of us gather dey watch this foundation that he is laying now na. Y'all have kept parroting this lie about Lagos, like people all over Nigeria had not been moving to Lagos since even the 60s cos of the strategic historical and commercial value of the state. In your warped minds, it is Tinubu that made Lagos viable like literally all our parents didn't migrate to Lagos to school, work and do business since the 60s. Tinubu was the one who had put headquarters of virtually all the major international and national establishments there, dating back to pre-independence Trying painstakingly unintelligently to rewrite history..lol

At the end of this 4years, I will vote for Bulaba to run the country aground for a second term, anybody wey hardship and hopelessness wan kill from now to then, can die and go to hell for all I care. It is survival of the smartest, the bravest, and the fittest. Dog eat dog! Let me now see the sumbitch, that will question my decision to reward the destroyer of Nigeria with a second term to bring in more hunger, hopelessness and desolation, as he builds his 'foundation'. The same foundation he laid for 8 years as governor with nothing to show, only to take the glory of all those who came after him...makes you wonder why he didn't do it himself and take the glory himself

If you do not know from the early 2000s, there was a Lagos master plan drafted by these guys which is still being operated by successive governor's after him......Lagos GDP under tinubu grew exponentially compared to what it used to be,you would agree with me that if you do not get a good manager to manage an already successful company,it will be ran aground....Lagos was working like an elephant but eating like an ant until he came,the potential of the state grew massively under him.....let's give honour to whom it's due.

On Nigeria sir,I put it to you that the way Nigeria is structured is the bane of our development, nothing meaningful can come out of this no matter who is president....what are your governors doing,we heard how much they got fro palliatives and how much they take home every month as faac.....what are they doing,the FG is trying to manage the macro economy of the country to stop it from tilting over but the constituent states are doing nothing to develop their states and LGAs....we need to breakdown the country through proper restructuring which the process has started, governance needs to move closer to the people..... everyone is pointing at Abuja instead of pointing at their govs or LGA chairmen.....show me one state that is doing any major meaningful project that can develop their area,non except Lagos....even Ogun state that should be benefitting immensely and following the footsteps of Lagos is as lame as a duck .
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 3:28pm On Jun 25
Blazetrailer:

Subsidy is being paid with which money.....do you know how much it would be costing this govt to maintain subsidy of that magnitude considering current high cost of Forex,NNPCL has repeatedly come out to say they are no longer doing under recovery as it was pre tinubu,you are here telling us what you don't have any idea of..... Nigeria for your information has an allocation for crude for local consumption which is only being refined outside and brought back which had been in existence even before subsidy was removed....go and learn more about the petroleum industry and understand how it works then you will know we should have no business paying subsidy in the first place.

No currency in the world is fully floated not even the dollar,the govt has to keep a keen high on its currency and make sure it remains as stable as possible,what happened before tinubu was that we were getting an artificial value for the naira and not the real value,what you have now is seemingly what a buyer is willing to buy and a seller willing to sell.....talking about subsidy,it was the dollar that was also being subsidised heavily to keep it at that rate it was before tinubu and he has also come out to say no more subsidy in that space that's why you have the xponential increase in rates.....the question is what are your state govs doing? Check every sector across all the states and show me any governor doing anything meaningful be it agric, education,health or social welfare, absolutely non except maybe Lagos.....they all still depend on faac and seat their lazy arses down doing nothing.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by poweredcom(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25
Make e be 2000 e favour me..... nonsense country
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 3:32pm On Jun 25
Blazetrailer:
This dude must be a slowpoke. Why is he trying to shift the blame to Jonathan??

I am from the SW and this current President is the worst we have ever had. A drug addict and a tout found his way to the highest position in Nigeria and these idiots are hailing him after he has damaged the economy without thinking??

I never pushed any blame on anyone and only used that as an analogy that inflation has been on the increase year on year without the govt doing anything about it at the time and has now snowballed into the lacuna we have right now.....if you have a comprehension problem,hows that my business.....now who is the slowpoke
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 3:37pm On Jun 25
Riskymarvelous:
which means you are in full support in dis useless regime right? God will punish all APC supporters

I try to be in support of anyone leading the country.....I am only being objective in the way I see the problems of this country.

The way this country is structured,it's very difficult to get it to work properly no matter who is president.....what are your govs and LGA chairmen doing absolutely nothing despite the huge allocations they get monthly,they only keep pointing to Abuja.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Lithiumite: 3:40pm On Jun 25
Kobojunkie:
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣laid the foundation for 8 solid years with nothing to show for all 8 years. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Since your best is nothing, then it is no wonder that Nigeria as it is today appeals to you and others like you! sad

You can be blind to progress,that's not my business,Lagos is still the most viable state in the federation as we speak,even ahead of Abuja.....that didn't just happen by chance,someone had to get the job done and we all know who has been getting the accolades.
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Streetdoctor: 3:41pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:

If dis is d best Yoruba can bring that means Yoruba like rubbish
Re: Naira Down To N1,505/$ In Parallel Market by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Jun 25
Lithiumite:
■ You can be blind to progress,that's not my business,Lagos is still the most viable state in the federation as we speak,even ahead of Abuja.....that didn't just happen by chance, someone had to get the job done and we all know who has been getting the accolades.
Ahead of Abuja? I was practically born and raised in Lagos and that state, since as far back as the 70s has remained the most viable state in that entire country to date. None of that happened because of Tinubu. And Tinubu contributed absolutely nothing for the 8 years he governed that state, that much is on record. So, this attempt to rewrite history in favor of a man whose record shows he practically sat back doing nothing in the state is just that, a dubious attempt to give value to nothing. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oando Acquires Conocophillips For $1.5 Billion / Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More / How Can I Get A Caller Tune For My Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.