Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,895 members, 7,949,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 07:01 PM

The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide (172 Views)

Adipocere: The Myths And Miracles Of Un-decomposing Dead Bodies / The Black Bra Confraternity: Myths And Truths / 100 Most Common Myths And Misconceptions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 8:51am On Jun 25
A rather localized take on the encouters of an earth stuck spirit who commited suicide

When her spirit awoke to consciousness it was to all the horrors of finding herself a prisoner in her coffin in the grave. She had destroyed her material body but she could not free her spirit from it, till the decaying of that body should liberate the soul. Those loathsome particles of that corrupting body still clothed the spirit, the link between them was not severed.

Oh, the horror of such a fate! Can anyone hear of it and not shudder to think what the bitter weariness and discontent of life, and a reckless desire to be free of it at any cost, may plunge the soul into. If those on earth would be truly merciful to the suicide they would cremate her body, not bury it, that the soul may, by the speedy dispersal of the particles, be the sooner freed from such a prison. The soul of a suicide is not ready to leave the body, it is like an unripe fruit and does not fall readily from the material tree which is nourishing it. A great shock has cast it forth, but it still remains attached, till the sustaining link shall wither away.

From time to time Ngozi would lapse into unconsciousness and lose for a little the sense of her terrible position, and from these states of merciful oblivion she would awaken to find that little by little the earthly body was losing its hold upon the spirit and crumbling into dust, but while it did so she had to suffer in all her nerves the pangs of this gradual dissolution. The sudden destruction of the earthly body while it would have given her spirit a more violent, more painful, shock would at least have spared her the slow torture of this lingering decay.

At last the material body ceased to hold the spirit, and she rose from the grave but still hung over it, tied, though no longer imprisoned; then the last link snapped and she was free to wander forth into the earth plane. And first her powers of hearing and seeing and feeling were most feebly developed, then gradually they unfolded and she became conscious of her surroundings. With these powers came again the passions and desires of her earthly life and also the knowledge of how she could yet gratify them. And again as in her earthly life she sought oblivion for her sorrow and bitterness in the pleasures of the senses. But she sought in vain. Memory was ever present with her torturing her with the past.

In her soul there was a wild hunger, a fierce thirst for revenge, for power to make him suffer as she had done, and the very intensity of her thoughts at last carried her to where he was. She found him as of old, surrounded by his little court of gay admirers. A little older but still the same, still as heartless, still untroubled by her fate and indifferent to it. And it maddened her to think of the sufferings she had brought upon herself for love of this man. At last all thoughts became merged in the one thought of how she could find means to drag him down from his position, how to strip him of all those things which he prized more than love or honour or even the lives of those who might be called his victims.

And she succeeded, for spirits have more powers than mortals dream of. Step by step she saw him stripped of his wealth, then honour, stripped of every disguise he had worn, and known for what he was, a vile tempter who played with women's souls as one plays with dice, careless how many hearts he broke, how many lives he ruined, careless alike of his wife's honour and his own fair fame, so long as he could hide his intrigues from the eyes of the world and rise a step higher in wealth and power upon the body of each new victim.

And even in her darkness and misery Ngozi hugged herself and was comforted to think it was her hands that were dragging him down and tearing the mask from his beauty and his worldliness. He wondered how it was that so many events all tended to one end—his ruin. How it was that his most carefully laid schemes were thwarted, his most jealously guarded secrets found out and held up to the light of day. He began at last to tremble at what each day might bring forth. It was as though some unseen agency, whose toils he could not escape, was at work to crush him, and then he thought of Ngozi and her last threats that if he drove her to despair she would send herself to Hell and drag him with her. He had thought then she meant to murder him perhaps, and when he heard she had shot herself and was dead, he felt relieved and soon forgot her, save when some event would recall her to his mind for a moment. And now he was always thinking of her, he could not get away from the obtrusive thought, and he began to shudder with fear lest she should rise from her grave and haunt him.

And all the time there stood Ngozi's spirit beside him, whispering in his ears and telling him that this was her revenge come to her at last. She whispered to him of the past and of that love that had seemed so sweet and that had turned to bitterest burning hate, consuming her as with the fire of Hell whose flames should scorch his soul also and drive him to a despair as great as hers.

And his mind felt this haunting presence even while his bodily eyes could see nothing. In vain he fled to society, to all places where there were crowds of men and women, in order to escape; the haunting presence was with him everywhere. Day by day it grew more distinct, more real, a something from which there was no escape.

At last one evening in the dim grey of twilight he saw her, with her wild menacing eyes, her fierce, passionate hate, expressing itself in every line of her face, in every gesture of her form. The shock was too much for his overwrought nerves and he fell dead upon the floor. And then Ngozi knew that she had succeeded and had killed him, and that from henceforth the brand of Cain was stamped upon her brow.

Then a horror of herself seized upon her, she loathed the deed she had done. She had intended to kill him and then when the spirit left the body to drag it down with her and to haunt and torment it for ever, so that on neither side of the grave should he know rest. But now her only thought was to escape from herself and the horror of her own actions.

The myths\
While engaging the above story missed alot of key parts in the truth about suicide and the immediate experiences of the one who commits such an act.
Suicide is a crime against the spirit. It is a dirct insult and affront to our creator. It is a direct crime and insult , like saying this life you gave me is nonsense, it is beneath me i deswerve so much better dont you know?
Suicide is not brave or couragous it is cowardly and weak. It doesnt take any courage or guts to dropout of the hourney it takes guts and courage to stick it out irrespective of the challenges
People who commit suicide are people who if you investigate geenrally always had a sens eof entitlement and a deep rooted selfishness

Now find below the truth of what Ngozi would experience after commiting suicide

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 8:55am On Jun 25
The fact that she was able to haunt Ayomide, as written above, was merely a figment of her dark-induced spirit imagination. That was not the real Ayomide she haunted and drove to his death. This is all a figment of her punishment. She will continue for centuries chasing what she thinks is Ayomide and dragging it down to torment, but in reality, that is not the real Ayomide. The whole perceived power and control she believed her spirit had was all her self-induced addiction for revenge.

In the beyond or afterlife, the spirit's feelings become action; what you think happens immediately but doesn't necessarily affect the physical.

Irrespective of you religion, or aethism, there is one undeniable fact, ther eis life after death, there is no immediate heaven or hell judgement and certainly no paradise with virgins nor is there a great hall in any place called Valhala.

But what i can guarantee you which i have written several times about is that once your body dies , and the spriit finally detaches from it, all your acts, words, thoughts immediately cover you in a body cloak. A spirit who looks at you immediately sees on you, greed, lies, deciet, rape, murder, drug addiction etc any vices you had on earth that stuck with you till death become your dress a,d immediately those spirits who are the purest forms of thes eevil vices see you as a weak immitation and desend upon you with wrath.

after that first ordeal your spirit again awakens in a plain were the most prominent of your vices calls home

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 9:04am On Jun 25
In this new plane, you will experience your addiction or habit in its truest form. Now, mind you, this applies to deeper deeds like murder, rape, etc. Some bad habits will cage you to this earth as an earthbound spirit for a very long time, as long as that habit resides in you. Unfortunately, this can take up to centuries. By that time, your spirit won't look as it did upon your first day of death; you would have taken on a darker, meaner, streaked form—a terrifying look because you would have been a slave to your habits for so long. Some won't be able to leave betting shops, while others won't be able to leave prostitute hotels. They will hover around, watching humans partake in their depravity, while yearning and groaning in agony for a taste of the habit to which they have been enslaved for so long.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 6:35pm On Jun 25
After going through different planes and experiencing all the repercussions of her habits and weaknesses, which caused Ngozi to hurt others, she finally starts to be filled with sadness and realizes her guilt. Slowly, Ngozi begins to drop these habits one after the other, and her spirit body gradually takes on a finer, lighter form.

Then her spirit becomes light enough to reincarnate, but alas, in her previous life, she wasted her body in suicide, if you remember. So this time, she will be reborn in a body that will teach her a grave lesson, helping her understand the value of having a fully healthy, functioning human body. For even though she has redeemed her spirit, she must fully experience the lack of what she took for granted in her previous life.

She will weep and shed tears as she will experience and extremely difficult life hampered by her physical disability, but what she will not know is that she brought this fate upon her self with her decision to destroy her body in a previous life through suicide she commited in a previous.

Thank you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by IAmHim1: 1:39am On Jun 26
Hello sir
I have some questions

1) if someone takes care of his or her body in the current lifetime, does that mean such a person would be rewarded aestheticaly in his/her next life.
Is that how the concept of physical handsomeness and beauty comes from

2) is it really possible for ANY human to be free of all earthly vices...of any form whatsoever...
What if a human is filled with virtues and vices of varying proportions.
After death, would such a human soul visit the planes accorded to each virtues and vices

Thank you for your continued posts. I really gain a lot from them
Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 7:12am On Jun 26
IAmHim1:
Hello sir
I have some questions

1) if someone takes care of his or her body in the current lifetime, does that mean such a person would be rewarded aestheticaly in his/her next life.

2) is it really possible for ANY human to be free of all earthly vices...of any form whatsoever...
After death, would such a human soul visit the planes accorded to each virtues and vices

Thank you for your continued posts. I really gain a lot from them

Again, the error is in the understanding. Let me ask you: what you, as a human, call beauty, do you feel that is what the whole of creation calls beauty? If I were to play a sound for you now that can induce a child to hypnotically speak about his or her past life, to your adult ears that sound may seem ugly, yet it is indeed a very powerful sound spiritually. Stop using human metrics as the guide or stepping stone for spirituality. Mankind is not the most important creature in creation. There are hundreds of other creatures in other places who also worship God the Father, have their own prophets who came and told them about Him, and have their own religions. Yours is not the center of the universe. The body you are given is a loan for you to experience creation. You are not doing anything special by taking care of it; it is your responsibility to do so! angry

Yes, with a proper foundational understanding of creation and practical spirituality. Firstly, know that you, mankind, are not the center of the universe. Your earthly created religions are altered and manipulated to tell you that you, mankind, are the most important and loved of all species. This is where 99% of your errors come from. Live properly, honestly, and truthfully, hurt no one, and stay guarded against bad karma; then you should be fine.

The soul is not the spirit. It is the spirit that journeys to planes to serve when it has grown to that level, where it has dropped many of the vices it acquired on earth. This should be the goal: to grow and mature to the extent that you become a spirit guide to other humans still on earth or in other spirit planes..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by KingOfTheDamned: 8:16am On Jun 26
Sometimes i just know that i have been in this world before. i see myself in my dreams in strange places as someone else. Nothing any one will tell me o. reincarnation is very very real .

Thank you sir for all the knwoledge you share for us

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by Unperturbedpota: 8:23am On Jun 26
KingOfTheDamned:
Sometimes i just know that i have been in this world before. i see myself in my dreams in strange places as someone else. Nothing any one will tell me o. reincarnation is very very real .

Same i believe in it, but the concepts in some religions is what i find strange. The Op's explanations in his others threads are what mad eit make sense for me.

3 Likes

Re: The Myths And Falsehoods About Suicide by HelpYourself(m): 1:34pm On Jun 26
KingOfTheDamned:

I appreciate you kind words. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Your Father's Got You! / Pray For 'wisdom From Above' / A New Website That Pays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.