Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,404 members, 7,881,470 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:35 PM

Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport (19329 Views)

Lagos Neighborhood Watch Arrest Vandal of Road Light on 3rd Mainland bridge / Illegal Refinery: NSCDC Disbands Anti-vandal Unit After Wike’s Outburst / Osaki Diri Electrocuted While Answering Call With His Charging Phone (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Newlymarried(f): 9:25am On Jun 25
A yet-to-be identified man suspected to be a cable vandal has died inside the powerhouse of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) at the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos

The suspected vandal had allegedly attempted to steal electrical cables and other equipment inside the FAAN powerhouse before he was electrocuted by the cables. The middle-aged man found his way into the power generating building and had begun disconnecting the installations that supply power to the Lagos Airport before he met his Waterloo.

Confirming the incident, the managing director of FAAN, Olubunmi Kuku, said the agency was leaving no stone unturned towards ensuring that all loopholes that will allow unauthorised persons into the airports were blocked. Kuku, who spoke at the commissioning of 30 Special Forces that will man the Lagos Airport, affirmed that vandals have crossed the perimeter fences of airports and stole airfield lighting equipment, or potentially harm some workers on site.

“I would say that there are two sides to this, that our environment is quite unique in the sense that we do have some security issues nationwide, we’ve been quite lucky within the airport environments that we haven’t had any of those major incidents. We do have, you know, individual issues.

So across the airside you’ve seen where we have people who are either crossing our fence, or of course, either trying to steal our airfield lighting equipment, or potentially even harm some of the individuals that we have on site. We had an incident, where an individual actually went into our power house and he got electrocuted.”
https://leadership.ng/suspected-cable-vandal-electrocuted-inside-faan-powerhouse-at-lagos-airport/

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Offpointng: 9:35am On Jun 25
I've really got Passion working there in FAAN as I'm a lover of anything Aviation.

Can anyone on here pls be of help?? don't really care of the salary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by vanbonattel: 9:36am On Jun 25
Serves him right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Racoon(m): 9:54am On Jun 25
Nice one! Karma served it to him red, red hot. Meanwhile, how did a vandal/criminal creep into a vital part of an airport like the power House to steal electric cables?

How did this fella beat the restricted areas including the airport perimeter fence, runways or any other vital building to get to this point.This is a gross indictment on all the barrage of arms bearing security agencies @ the MMIA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Solofresh2: 9:55am On Jun 25
Otilor lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by helinues: 9:55am On Jun 25
Serves him right

One saboteur down

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by helinues: 9:56am On Jun 25
Offpointng:
I've really got Passion working there in FAAN as I'm a lover of anything Aviation.

Contact AC

grin cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Ikembeku: 9:56am On Jun 25
helinues:

Contact AC

grin cheesy

Wanna be useless today?

3 Likes

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by FatimaAbubakar(f): 9:58am On Jun 25
He could even be one of the miscreants that were preventing people from exercising their right of voting in Lagos during the 2023 presidential election.

6 Likes

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by tiswell(m): 9:58am On Jun 25
More electrocutions,oh Lord! To these enemies of Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Almunjid(m): 10:00am On Jun 25
Good riddance...
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Bobloco: 10:00am On Jun 25
angry
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Opanka44(m): 10:00am On Jun 25
This is very Good.

Any young man with both hands and legs who doesn't want to hustle, but wants to enjoy through stealing must die.

The Nigerian police force must arrest his corpse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by pyyxxaro: 10:00am On Jun 25
Wonderful
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Ejyksneh(m): 10:01am On Jun 25
If you check very well, you will see that it's one yaríba ewedu muncher who escaped having his skull mined by his Ade and Tunde uncles in the bush of Oshogbo and Ekiti.

This was brought upon sadwest people by the iragbiji fraud.

Check my signature for more updates
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by GabHarrincot: 10:01am On Jun 25
Instant karma. Sure ticket to hell. Safe journey comrade

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Ikembeku: 10:01am On Jun 25
Helinues?

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Sultty(m): 10:01am On Jun 25
died in thiefing action

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Heffalump(m): 10:02am On Jun 25
Instant justice!
This is how it should always be.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by simple250: 10:03am On Jun 25
Offpointng:

Just say u wan go they beg money from travellers

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Rexymania(m): 10:03am On Jun 25
Na hunger and poverty they make man worry. If money dey wetin him won find go there

May God or Gods answer our prayers, before we miss calculate

This world is working against humanity and na so them program am. If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Proudlycanadian: 10:03am On Jun 25
For inside airport again I. Make them no go carry plane tire

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Anguldi(m): 10:04am On Jun 25
Offpointng:

Benin airways

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Makunahatata: 10:05am On Jun 25
Chai ...RIP Chukwudi Ezekome

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by TheChameleon: 10:06am On Jun 25
cheesy

His name was Chinedu Okechukwu.

His development efforts were shocking... positively shocking wink

I was there when he was evacuated. Don't want to post the graphic pictures
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by tiswell(m): 10:07am On Jun 25
I think he's a prankster on content making

1 Like

Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Lanretoye(m): 10:07am On Jun 25
Kudos to the powerhouse for electrocuting the vandal,he needs to be commended.
Re: Suspected Cable Vandal Electrocuted Inside FAAN Powerhouse At Lagos Airport by Nahunger(m): 10:14am On Jun 25
Hmm
Hunger dey ginger people oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Rain Floods National Assembly Lobby / APC 2023 Presidential Primary: Kayode Fayemi As The Way Out By Alaba Osatuyi / Peter Obi Visits IDP Camps In Bokkos & Barkin-ladi LGAs, donates N5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.