Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,230 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:40 AM

Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth (3022 Views)

12 Animals That Can Stay Without Food For A Long Time / Ethiopian Woman Sits For Her Exam Just 30 Minutes After Giving Birth (Photo) / Female Uniport Student Accuses Lecturers Of Demanding 3 Some, Before Giving E Sc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Deenillah(m): 9:32am On Jun 25
Giving birth can be very excruciating, but for some animals, it is more than excruciating as they pass through severe pains to give birth.

Below are some of these animals

1. KIWI
Let's start off from Australia. While other birds lay many eggs, kiwi lays just one egg at a time. But the one egg is equivalent to 20% of her total body weight and almost half of her size. That's like an adult human carrying a 6 year old baby in their belly.

When the egg is stressfully laid, they still invest 70-80 days to incubate the egg. That's about time 2 the time ostriches spend incubating. Incredible!
Let's continue in the comments

20 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Deenillah(m): 9:33am On Jun 25
2. VELVET SPIDER
A velvet spider only gives birth once and there's a reason for it. She sacrifices herself via a process known as matriphagy. Some other spider species does this as well but not all of them. As soon as she lays or give birth to egg sac that contains her babies, her body start to degrade gradually inside.

After about 30 days, tbe babies emerge from the egg sac. She will then regurgitate her inside which has become liquefied through degradation to feed the babies. She does this for about 9 days till she can't no more. The babies, who would have become strong enough by then will descend on her to suck up the remaining part of her, leaving the exoskeleton only.

8 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Deenillah(m): 9:34am On Jun 25
3. SHINGLEBACK LIZARDS

I once wrote about this lizard whose bead and tail look alike. If a shingleback closes it eyes. You will find it difficult to know which end is head or which is tail.

Anyways, to the discussion at hand. Female shinglebacks give birth to their babies alive. They usually give birth to two babies. The combined weight of the babies is about ⅓rd of her weight. That's like a woman giving birth to an 8 year old baby.

9 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Deenillah(m): 9:35am On Jun 25
4. PORCUPINE

Of course you know about their sharp quills. It protects them from predators. An adult porcupine is almost safe from all the big predators.

The however don't have it easy when giving birth. Their babies are born with the quills already formed but they're still very soft. It's is after an hour or two that the quills begin to harden. Still, the mother experiences some pain. What may be worse is if the baby is facing the wrong direction while coming out during birth. The soft quills can still scratch through her birth canals as she pushes.

9 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Deenillah(m): 9:36am On Jun 25
5. SPOTTED HYENAS

You should already know this by now but I will revise still.

The female hyena gives birth through what we can call a penis. They have a unique reproductive system, in which they give birth through a pseudo-penis which is not so different from the male's penis. This is because they have a highly masculinized Instruments, which is thought to be an adaptation for dominance and social status in their matriarchal society.

The pseudo-penis is an elongated clitoris that resembles a penis and is used for urination, mating, and giving birth.

Just imagine how difficult, painful and terrible it will feel. It is so bad that about 15% of first mothers die while giving birth.

Credit: @arojinle1 on X

11 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Fafesot: 9:38am On Jun 25
wink
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Solofresh2: 9:52am On Jun 25
Nature is amazing cool

6 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Pdlog: 10:09am On Jun 25
I Fear person wey no fear God

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Saturnalia(m): 10:20am On Jun 25
This is the kind of thread that should be on the front page. Very educative.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by oneda(m): 10:31am On Jun 25
Imagine eating a kiwi egg... So much sacrifice in one plate

God bless all mothers jhor

9 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:43am On Jun 25
Nature is just cruel not amazing anything. Maybe amazing to some people but cruel and unbalanced to other people.

Sometimes I think of nature and what ever created it as a jack playing games with our existences.

Some it made great while others are punished without cause just the it's pleasure or whatever sick motive.

Cringes

2 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:49am On Jun 25
Nature always get away with some of these crime against life forms.

It is a crime to exist in this Earth without prior consultation of the participants by the creator or "Nature".

It is just cruel.

You don't have a choice and just get yourself deep into shit just for it's sickly pleasure yikes
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 10:50am On Jun 25
Am suing nature the moment I get the chance.

It's Never getting away with it I promise my physically challenged self and all less-privileged out there.
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Sucre6: 10:59am On Jun 25
Wow, amazing, I am enlightened, this is what Nairaland use to look like, a place were u learn daily unlike what the paid urchins has turned here to lately, tribal bigotry and some dumb individuals with smart phones
Nice one op

Front page material

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Olayinka8793(m): 11:05am On Jun 25
Goodlyhrt:
Am suing nature the moment I get the chance.

It's Never getting away with it I promise my physically challenged self and all less-privileged out there.
Yes, life and nature can be cruel/unfair.
What is your physical challenge if I may ask?
Mine is hearing loss/deafness
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:29am On Jun 25
Olayinka8793:
Yes, life and nature can be cruel/unfair.
What is your physical challenge if I may ask?
Mine is hearing loss/deafness
I don't know how to explain it. People say it is mild challenge because I got one working leg. But it feels as bad as being without the other leg.

I limp into my right side using my right hand to assist my right leg because it is so weak and feeble.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by danzaki63: 11:39am On Jun 25
Very Educative, Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Aremwayne: 11:41am On Jun 25
Goodlyhrt:
I don't know how to explain it. People say it is mild challenge because I got one working leg. But it feels as bad as being without the other leg.

I limp into my right side using my right hand to assist my right leg because it is so weak and feeble.
Sorry about this.

4 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by LordIsaac(m): 11:49am On Jun 25
And they will say animals don’t go through a lot too…😊
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by APOPTOSIS: 12:02pm On Jun 25
Thank You, OP
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by AcadaWriter: 12:13pm On Jun 25
Nature is amazing ... Erm, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Nwaokunkpara: 12:38pm On Jun 25
Beautiful and informative write up

Lesson: all mother's sacrifice starts from birth

4 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25
Nwaokunkpara:
Beautiful and informative write up

Lesson: all mother's sacrifice starts from birth
How is this rubbish beautiful now? Would you be happy to sacrifice your life to be "feasted" on by your offsprings in the manner of the spider mentioned in this thread?

Don't get me angry right now

1 Like

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by NSNO(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25
Very informative article.
You will think that human birth is bad until you read about other animals'.
The TseTse fly should be on this list.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:54pm On Jun 25
AcadaWriter:
Nature is amazing ... Erm, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Nature is a bitch and should be dammned!

All of science and research has been in the premises to correct the ills and abomination of nature on the lifeforms it harbors.

Imagine there was no anti malaria or antibacterial remedies.. idiots like you will be shouting amazing on how organisms or mosquitoes feed on their prey with their "amazing" tube like feeding apparatus.

1 Like

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by dododawa1: 12:56pm On Jun 25
is GOD DOING
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by fortunez1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25
God is wonderful
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by fortunez1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25
K
Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Goodlyhrt(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25
I guess someday when nature decides to wipe us all out. I hope some of y'all on here will have the mouth to still shout "amazing","beautiful" ?

3 Likes

Re: Animals That Sacrifice A Lot Before Giving Birth by Nwaokunkpara: 1:02pm On Jun 25
Goodlyhrt:
How is this rubbish beautiful now? Would you be happy to sacrifice your life to be "feasted" on by your offsprings in the manner of the spider mentioned in this thread?

Don't get me angry right now

Go to hell and be angry

Or do you think that your stupid anger will rewrite the ways of nature

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Gce Result Out? / Transcript From Uyo / Sped International Secondary School Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.