Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,628 members, 7,930,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:32 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 (26961 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 9:37pm On Jun 29
Castro9371:
Hello

Please I have a BSC in philosophy...with 3 years of work experience in logistics before going for my masters in the UK...and my msc was in international business management... However, I just got a partially funded MBA program in the USA...Does this show career progression or I should sell myself more to the VO by mentioning that my concentration is on one of the major topics in my modules (Information system or Business analysis)

Will this fly?

Hey 🀠

@Castro9371 You are still hiding some information but let me answer you in general term.

1. The MBA you are going For in the USA regardless of your concentration must be borne out of a new desire by you or your employer to improve and broaden your business managerial skills based on the fact that your current business (es) or position at work etc, needs such academic move as an exigency.

2. You must also prove ties to the UK or country of origin and ability to offset your remaining deficit without doubt before any consular can take your visa application serious. Consulars will concentrate on your reasons for MBA and post study plans not just having the resources to do so.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Taal17: 4:05am On Jun 30
Castro9371:

NB: I'm on a sponsorship visa in the UK currently.
You should be fine.

Just note that you need to prove home ties or whatever your post study plans are.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Taal17: 4:08am On Jun 30
Bigdoo11:

Thanks for your response, but I may lose the GA and the tuition waiver if I defer to spring. Also I have defer 2 times now which is the maximum deferal for my school. This means I will even have to reapply for admission. Has anyone been in my shoes please..this is sooo frustrating

Try your chances with an EA. Go ahead
Your circumstances have changed. You have tuition waiver and GA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by photoberi: 4:28am On Jun 30
Good day house,

Please I need some clarity about visa appointment schedule modality. I know the questions below are similar, I'd be glad if anyone could please shed some light.

1. After selecting the first date after visa payment, how many more times do I have left to reschedule the appointment?

2. Suppose I selected a date after visa payment, and I rescheduled this date using the regular rescheduling, can I still use Emergency request afterwards?

Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by mayford: 7:08am On Jun 30
photoberi:
Good day house,

Please I need some clarity about visa appointment schedule modality. I know the questions below are similar, I'd be glad if anyone could please shed some light.

1. After selecting the first date after visa payment, how many more times do I have left to reschedule the appointment?

2. Suppose I selected a date after visa payment, and I rescheduled this date using the regular rescheduling, can I still use Emergency request afterwards?

Thank you so much.

1. You can only reschedule once

2. You have access to both the Emergency Request and Reschedule options whichever you use first, and each can only be used once within a certain period.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VeeInsider: 7:58am On Jun 30
Good morning everyone. I'd like to ask, can bank statement from more than 1 account be used to present as proof of funds?

One is an investment account (mutual funds) and the other is a bank account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VeeInsider: 8:44am On Jun 30
EmyPapis, what investment account did you use in yours?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Roselyn2020: 12:34pm On Jun 30
Please I need help with linking my MRV PAYMENT to my profile and also getting the link to the WhatsAssp group for visa interview date search date . I'm applying for F-1 visa
thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:23pm On Jun 30
photoberi:
Good day house,

Thank you so much.

Hey 🀠

1. For example, if your first appointment after visa fee payment is Dec 3rd, 2024 then you have one more time to reschedule to let's say July 30th , 2024. However, you can keep clicking on Reschedule option as many time as you want "date-search idea and back out or log out of cgi if you did not see your desired date ( ie July 30th, 2024).

2. Your reschedule option will disappear the moment you used it the second time (ie from Dec 3rd, 2024 to July 30th, 2024) and you will be left with " Emergency option. Yes, you can use the emergency option to seek for nearer date if you are still not satisfy with your last pick (ie July 30th, 2024).

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 1:41pm On Jun 30
Roselyn2020:
Please I need help with linking my MRV PAYMENT to my profile and also getting the link to the WhatsAssp group for visa interview date search date . I'm applying for F-1 visa
thank you

Hey 🀠

1. You don't have to link your MRV to your CGI profile. What you need to link to your CGI profile is your DS-160 confirmation number.

2. Your MRV receipt number would link itself when it's time for you to schedule visa appointment because you will need it together with your DS-160 confirmation number to complete the task.

3. Go read my previous answer to @photoberi regarding the booking of appointment. I don't know of any genuine and official date-search whatsapp group as of the time of typing this answer.

PS: Click on update profile in your cgi profile and see if there is a space for mrv reference number otherwise it would link itself accordingly.

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:02pm On Jun 30
VeeInsider:
Good morning everyone. I'd like to ask, can bank statement from more than 1 account be used to present as proof of funds?

One is an investment account (mutual funds) and the other is a bank account.

Hey 🀠

1. Combining bank statements or different funders is acceptable but i will personally not recommend it " my personal opinion not official"

2. You are not even combining clear financial statements but you are combining two financial documents from different entities. Anyways, if at all you want to tender or use the investment account let it be in your name.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VeeInsider: 2:25pm On Jun 30
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. Combining bank statements or different funders is acceptable but i will personally not recommend it " my personal opinion not official"

2. You are not even combining clear financial statements but you are combining two financial documents from different entities. Anyways, if at all you want to tender or use the investment account let it be in your name.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Appreciate your reply on this. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VeeInsider: 6:20pm On Jun 30
I have a question. As of this year 2024, can someone use a mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:40pm On Jun 30
VeeInsider:
I have a question. As of this year 2024, can someone use a mutual funds account as proof of funds or is it advisable to move the money elsewhere?

Hey 🀠

@VeeInsider

1. No ! The consular officer would disregard your POF except if you can prove beyond doubts with physical evidence to back it up that the joint holders are fully in support of you to use a collective investment funds for your personal use which is going to be unbelievable.

2. Mutual funds let you pool your money with other investors to "mutually" buy stocks, bonds, or other investments and it is usually run by professional money managers.

3. Move the money into your personal account but you must prove the sources to the consular officers.

Best Wishes πŸ™

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Delight222: 10:58pm On Jun 30
Goodevening all,My husband has been trying to create account for the interview date scheduling for 3 days now and is not working.
Do they have different websites??

The one he's using trying to create the account is UStraveldocs.com.

When I showed him the one posted here,he said is for UK,please someone help and clarify us.

Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by horcart: 12:28am On Jul 01
TitilayoAde:
Hello,

You should be prepared for a question like since your mum is a citizen why she didn't file for you? If the process of filing for you is ongoing, don't hide that information, just say it.

All the best…

Thanks.. I do appreciate.
Already filed for.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by photoberi: 3:25am On Jul 01
Thank you Mayford. Appreciate your response.

mayford:

1. You can only reschedule once

2. You have access to both the Emergency Request and Reschedule options whichever you use first, and each can only be used once within a certain period.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by photoberi: 3:25am On Jul 01
Thank you OyoTunjiUSA. Appreciate your response.

OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. For example, if your first appointment after visa fee payment is Dec 3rd, 2024 then you have one more time to reschedule to let's say July 30th , 2024. However, you can keep clicking on Reschedule option as many time as you want "date-search idea and back out or log out of cgi if you did not see your desired date ( ie July 30th, 2024).

2. Your reschedule option will disappear the moment you used it the second time (ie from Dec 3rd, 2024 to July 30th, 2024) and you will be left with " Emergency option. Yes, you can use the emergency option to seek for nearer date if you are still not satisfy with your last pick (ie July 30th, 2024).

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 6:39am On Jul 01
Delight222:
Goodevening all,My husband has been trying to create account for the interview date scheduling for 3 days now and is not working.
Do they have different websites??

The one he's using trying to create the account is UStraveldocs.com.

When I showed him the one posted here,he said is for UK,please someone help and clarify us.

Thanks.

Hey 🀠

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/en/nonimmigrant-visa?nodialog

1. Click on the link above it will take you to the page. Click on login on the first page you will see and after that βœ… (tick) inside the security " Verify You Are a Human" on the second page which will take you to the final login page.

2. You will have to register as a new user on the final page before you can start your visa appointment booking.

Best Wishes πŸ™

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Bwaal(m): 7:28am On Jul 01
Slimszy:
Hello,

My F1 visa was denied last month even with a full funding with no deficit. I am reapplying again and wondering if I'm being asked - what has changed? What is a reasonable response to give.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing has changed in my profile.
CAN YOU SHare your transcript please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by cybergeek: 7:54am On Jul 01
thank you for this. I've done as you've said.
TitilayoAde:
Email the international student office about this new development and ask for an extension (don't forget to attach proof of the GA position, maybe a congratulatory email). I'm confident you gonna meet up with resumption for August. Maybe you should ask for a request for an emergency interview date. Congratulations, you are a step closer to your dream!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by mayford: 9:09am On Jul 01
Ellskc:
Hello everyone
Please I just applied for an emergency visa appointment last night at the Lagos embassy and I was denied today.
My start date is 15th of August and I sent all the necessary documents but I was still denied. Would it be possible for me to apply again or is there something else I can do?

A quick question please :

Did you date and sign your I-20 before submitting for the Emergency Request?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Castro9371: 11:20am On Jul 01
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

@Castro9371 You are still hiding some information but let me answer you in general term.

1. The MBA you are going For in the USA regardless of your concentration must be borne out of a new desire by you or your employer to improve and broaden your business managerial skills based on the fact that your current business (es) or position at work etc, needs such academic move as an exigency.

2. You must also prove ties to the UK or country of origin and ability to offset your remaining deficit without doubt before any consular can take your visa application serious. Consulars will concentrate on your reasons for MBA and post study plans not just having the resources to do so.

Thank you mummy wa😩

Best Wishes πŸ™
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Castro9371: 11:20am On Jul 01
Taal17:

You should be fine.

Just note that you need to prove home ties or whatever your post study plans are.

Thanks sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Slimszy: 1:29pm On Jul 01
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🀠

1. It is not compulsory for something to have changed . Your overall profile and application put forward by you in your first attempt might be 100% satisfactory but ironically you i mean yourself might be the cause of the rejection.

2. How well did you communicated with the consular? Was your answer in tandem with what you inputted in your DS-160? A simple pause or stuttering during your answers can even give the consular a bad impression.

3. No one can give you any perfect answer without reading your last transcripts or having studied your profile .

Best Wishes πŸ™

Thank you for your thoughts. Here is my transcript below.

Abuja
May 2024
Full Funding
VO: Window 10 (A pointed nose white lady)
Denied

VO: What school are you going to? I didn't hear her the first two times, and I mentioned she should please repeat herself.

F1: I am going to university of maryland, college park to pursue a Masters in Fine Art, I will be majoring in Painting. - Immediate I mentioned Master in Fine Art, she replied Okay, before I was able to stretch it to my major - Painting.
*I realised she wants direct answers*

VO: Who is covering your deficit? checking through her system.

F1: I don't have a deficit as I have been awarded a full funding - Graduate Assistantship which covers my living expenses and health insurance. *immediately she responded Okay* and checks my I-20.

VO: Have you traveled out of the country before.

F1: Yes, I have. I have been to Bleep for my work program, I have also been to Bleep for work program as well, then she cuts me by her OKAY.

VO: What is your post study plan

F1: Upon the completion of my program to I will be returning to my country to transit into the academia while I take the role of a lecturer in the department of fine Art at Bleep University, where I will be teaching university students art and its contemporary practices.
I will also be coming back to expand my studio practice back home (before I could proceed, she said OKAY)

VO: Tell me about your academic background

F1: I have a Bachelor's Degree of Arts in History, and after my graduation I enrolled for an internship under Bleep art studio where I learnt how to paint and draw because of my passion for Art. (she cuts me Okay). Then you are not qualified for this student visa at this moment.

Notes: She asked a question after the first one which I cannot remember. But I stuttered at first, before gaining my balance. My response was tying what the degree will do for me back home. I remember I talked about taking a lecturing position.

Maybe I was anxious at first, I don't know. But I understand I answered every question.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Slimszy: 1:29pm On Jul 01
Bwaal:

CAN YOU SHare your transcript please

Hi! I have shared it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by OyoTunjiUSA(m): 2:04pm On Jul 01
Slimszy:

Abuja
May 2024
Full Funding
Denied

VO: What school are you going to? I didn't hear her the first two times, and I mentioned she should please repeat herself.

F1: I am going to university of maryland, college park to pursue a Masters in Fine Art, I will be majoring in Painting. - Immediate I mentioned Master in Fine Art, she replied Okay, before I was able to stretch it to my major - Painting.

F1: I don't have a deficit as I have been awarded a full funding - Graduate Assistantship which covers my living expenses and health insurance. *immediately she responded Okay* and checks my I-20.

F1: Yes, I have. I have been to Bleep for my work program, I have also been to Bleep for work program as well, then she cuts me by her OKAY.

F1: Upon the completion of my program to I will be returning to my country to transit into the academia while I take the role of a lecturer in the department of fine Art at Bleep University, where I will be teaching university students art and its contemporary practices.
I will also be coming back to expand my studio practice back home (before I could proceed, she said OKAY)

F1: I have a Bachelor's Degree of Arts in History, and after my graduation I enrolled for an internship under Bleep art studio where I learnt how to paint and draw because of my passion for Art. (she cuts me Okay). Then you are not qualified for this student visa at this moment.

Notes: She asked a question after the first one which I cannot remember. But I stuttered at first, before gaining my balance. My response was tying what the degree will do for me back home. I remember I talked about taking a lecturing position.

Maybe I was anxious at first, I don't know. But I understand I answered every question.

Hey 🀠

1. That consular was impatience.
2. You frustrated her in your opening conversation.
3. Therefore, she keeps the impatience instincts all through by cutting you off.
4. You added salt to injury by not keeping short answers.
5. You also gave the consular the impression that you are not good in listening aptitude which will affect you in listening to American lecturers.

Despite all these you were qualified for the VISA and i believe the consular supervisor would have corrected her.

6. Reapply immediately but you need another listening and answers strategy.

Best Wishes πŸ™

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by haywhizzz(m): 2:36pm On Jul 01
Good day guys
I need advise about my situation, I’m currently 27 years and I finished with a 3rd class in a degree I’m not interested in anymore, so I recently gained admission to study Bachelors Comp science in a university in the USA, is it advisable for me to proceed with it and try my luck, I just wanna ask about my chances of getting my US visa.
I’ve been working in the IT field for about 3 years after I finished my first BSC.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ellskc: 3:01pm On Jul 01
mayford:

A quick question please :

Did you date and sign your I-20 before submitting for the Emergency Request?

Yes I did
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Adeore15: 4:01pm On Jul 01
Slimszy:

Abuja
May 2024
Full Funding
Denied

What time did you get interviewed? Could it that she was tired? Cos I honestly feel you are qualified. US visa process is a gamble.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by chidiakwari: 5:04pm On Jul 01
haywhizzz:
Good day guys
I need advise about my situation, I’m currently 27 years and I finished with a 3rd class in a degree I’m not interested in anymore, so I recently gained admission to study Bachelors Comp science in a university in the USA, is it advisable for me to proceed with it and try my luck, I just wanna ask about my chances of getting my US visa.
I’ve been working in the IT field for about 3 years after I finished my first BSC.
You’re more likely to be denied. I understand it would be hard to get into a masters program with a 3rd class degree. Going for another bachelors degree in same course would not sell to the Visa Officer
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by chidiakwari: 5:06pm On Jul 01
Slimszy:

Abuja
May 2024
Full Funding
Denied

Reapply if you can. I always advise everyone to keep it simple and short. Answer the questions you’re asked and stopped explaining or answering what you’re not asked.

You blew your chances by talking too much. They have little to no time for stories.

I would advice you to reapply because you have a great chance of getting approved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Weekend Trip To Fair Acres Country Club In Lagos / Photo: Vehicle Overload In Jos / Stop Asking Nigerians To Write IELTS (Petition)

Viewing this topic: chineduisaac(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.