Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,593 members, 7,878,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

To Visit Nigeria After 13 Years! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Visit Nigeria After 13 Years! (675 Views)

Italian Lady Finds Her Biological Mum In Nigeria After 34 Years (Pics, Video) / Woman Speaks In Tongues As Her Son Returns To Nigeria After 13 Years In US / Edo Man Finds Out His Family Didn’t Build Any House After 13 Years In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: To Visit Nigeria After 13 Years! by Lance008(m): 8:06am On Jun 26
Ksli:
Dear Family,

I'm reaching out for your advice, recommendations, and most importantly, suggestions. I've been absent from this forum for a while now, and I'm facing a difficult dilemma.

For context, I was born and raised in Nigeria but left over 13 years ago. I've become completely disconnected from the people, community, family, and the entire environment there.

While I do encounter other Nigerians here, I haven't spent more than 80 hours communicating with them in 13 years. My dilemma stems from my plan to marry a Nigerian woman. She has expressed that we have very different perspectives on life and relationships, particularly within an African context. She's advised me to return to Nigeria to understand how people truly think.

I'm confused by her suggestion. She's recommended specific actions like sitting in a bar, spending time with family, and even trying the food again to get a feel for the culture. She told me during my hangout i should observe both the men and women to understand how they think.

To be honest, I attempted to visit a country with a large Nigerian population. After just five days, I found myself voting for the right wing due to their stance on immigration.

For those that might ask, in out of the 13 years i have lived in a country whereby in my city i was the only black man, i have been only in relationship with the other race, i must tell you its different on how we think, i have seen the best of both worlds and choose the way to live my life. I once had a conversation with a friend's wife, she told me Mr.... No typical african woman can ever marry you. All this really got me concern.

Nevertheless, reading the news on the security issues, being arrassed by Police, people both male and female trying to take advantages how do i survive to visit Nigeria and fly acorss the countries to explore, different regions. All my old friends are no longer there.

I will really appriciate your support.
Bro no go marry Naija gal mak go cripple ur destiny take make her own destiny
Jus an advice
You no even fear if Fulani no kidnap u 😂😂
Hold ur ransom tight
Which region are u traveling to ?
Watin Dey pain me pass for the whole story Na non virgin u won take risk for
Dem jus Dey see u like mumu
I wish I fit give u better knock mak he rest ur brain
Anything wrong raising a mixed kid or u too Na racist

1 Like

Re: To Visit Nigeria After 13 Years! by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:59am On Jun 26
Namaster:
"My dilemma stems from my plan to marry a Nigerian woman."

More than a DECADE in a foreign country and you still want to marry a Nigerian woman?

WTF is WRONG with you??

ALSO, why the fucck do you need to understand the perspectives of Nigerians on life and relationships?

Did you RUN AWAY from Nigeria because said perspectives were something to emulate?

You are NOT married and the girl is already CONTROLLING you and trying to ruin your life.

You want ro come to Nigeria to risk your life because of a Nigerian girl. Ask your mother and let her describe the depth of her DISAPPOINTMENTS.

Guy said he wants to travel to DIFFERENT region. Funny man!

By the way, is the girl coming with you or are you undertaking the FOOLISH journey solo?

You spent just 5 days in ANOTHER foreign country with a significant population of Nigerians and you wanted that country to build a WALL like Donald Trump because of the level of fucckery you beheld.

YET you want to come to Nigeria, the father of all SHIITHOLES and the Poverty Capital of the world.

Hold on to your fond memories of a Nigeria governed by Goodluck Jonathan. Don't TAINT it by experiencing the CALAMITY that Tinubu presides over.

Most importantly, you should NOT be doing it for a Nigerian Woman.

Also, avoid the FOOL who told you NO real African woman would marry you. That's a GREAT thing but it seems to have hit your self-esteem hard.

Plus, consider the fact that BLACK women are the LEAST desirable people in the world in addition to Asian men.

Don't let a Nigerian woman send you on a fool's errand.
Don't be that guy.
no mind d mumu.i never even reach 2 years for yankee,I don almost wife my oyibo😂

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Dispute Resolution / What Will U Do When Ur Girl Friend Belive People Saying Than Yours / Guys!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.