Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,341 members, 7,888,080 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:48 PM

Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum (25925 Views)

Resolutions Of Fg/labour Meeting / Full Resolutions Of The National Economic Council Meeting Of 20/07/2023 / Resolutions of PDP BoT meeting (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by franudi: 5:19pm On Jun 25
The north will be afraid now. The first meeting reduced open grazing of cattles in the south.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by smileyoo: 5:22pm On Jun 25
Smartcitizen:
Hmmmm!

This governors self! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Una use Dapo Abiodun the slowpoke do una leader?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Una no see Oti or Sanwo Olu or even Soludu?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anyway can any good thing happen under a criminal drug leader?
or even seyi makinde; the oyo state governor would have made a better impact as their chairman.
however under this emilokan government, nothing seems to be falling in place positively .

1 Like

Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by HASSANWASIU1999: 5:29pm On Jun 25
Seriously I like and love this move especially in d area if agriculture and dissolution of power
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by flokii: 5:41pm On Jun 25
The other Southern Governors from SS and SE that chickened out during Buhari's tenure are now joining their SW counterparts who singlehandedly challenged the Northern political class when herders went on rampage raping and killing people across the country.. Glad they have suddenly gathered liver to talk of regional security outfit now that a Southerner is at the helm of affairs.

Yorubas have been challenging the North, even while in opposition.. IBB and co. can tell the tales.
The ingrate GEJ after getting to power abandoned the voices that stood up for him and was busy dining with same North that refused to hand over power. Yorubas taught him a bitter lesson at the polls, showed him who the masters are.

The person Southern Governors must watch out for is Fubara of Rivers State.. that guy is a sell out and obviously want to betray South and be lap dog for Northern elites. Wike must be regretting now because the Igbos he checkmated in Rivers State have penetrated Fubara and are dictating what he will and will not do.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by rummmy: 6:04pm On Jun 25
Nonsense.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by goodnessme1(f): 6:11pm On Jun 25
omoredia:

Screw u nigga. Bridges must be built
Who in right sense will build Bridges with betrayals

Moreover West is not south, face your fulanis brothers

Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by IMMUNO1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 25
Na Tinubu's second term game be this.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by ogbe88(m): 6:54pm On Jun 25
flokii:
The other Southern Governors from SS and SE that chickened out during Buhari's tenure are now joining their SW counterparts who singlehandedly challenged the Northern political class when herders went on rampage raping and killing people across the country.. Glad they have suddenly gathered liver to talk of regional security outfit now that a Southerner is at the helm of affairs.

Yorubas have been challenging the North, even while in opposition.. IBB and co. can tell the tales.
The ingrate GEJ after getting to power abandoned the voices that stood up for him and was busy dining with same North that refused to hand over power. Yorubas taught him a bitter lesson at the polls, showed him who the masters are.

The person Southern Governors must watch out for is Fubara of Rivers State.. that guy is a sell out and obviously want to betray South and be lap dog for Northern elites. Wike must be regretting now because the Igbos he checkmated in Rivers State have penetrated Fubara and are dictating what he will and will not do.
U will be arrested this week, foolish man.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by flokii: 6:57pm On Jun 25
ogbe88:
U will be arrested this week, foolish man.

Fvck off.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by caleboxylic: 7:03pm On Jun 25
Racoon:
Good! The struggle for resource control. Former governor Wike took the Buhari government to court on this issue.

In the real sense, vat is supposed to be controlled by the states na. VAT should be collected at the retailers level of distribution and not manufacturing that we have
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by Morizo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25
naptu2:

https://tribuneonlineng.com/southern-govs-unveil-five-point-agenda-for-regions-development/

After all the talk everyone will go back to their respective states and do whatever pleases them. Most of them will even back whatever the president intends to do and betray others for a pot of porridge

Whoever told these Governors that a Nigerian president at the centre is ready to dissolve powers is a joker. They only talk about power dissolution as opposition but once power enter their hands same people tend to hold on to it like super glue.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by naptu2: 7:12pm On Jun 25
naptu2:
Memories

There are many reasons why I remember the Southern Governors Forum meetings of the early 2000s. Of course there's the fact that it was always in the news and I always know what's in the news. There's also the fact that it was one of the tools that was used to fight the onshore-offshore dichotomy battles (some people might have forgotten about that), but there's a very random reason why I remember the meetings. It's about a motorcade.

(Interestingly I'm still trying to find the time to complete my post about some motorcades that I saw in the early 1980s).

I was on Third Mainland Bridge and heading towards the Island when I saw a strange thing. It was a lone police motorcycle that had its siren on. This was quite strange. The only time that you'd see police motorcycles with their sirens blaring (at that time) was when they were leading a motorcade, yet here was a solitary police motorcycle with its sirens blaring. Most vehicles around simply ignored the motorcycle.

It was some time before even more police motorcycles went past. I was near the Adeniji Adele exit by this time. This made more sense. There were around 3 motorcycles and a pilot car was close behind them. Then I soon realised why everything initially seemed strange. There were around 4 governors (each in his official car), including the Lagos State governor, in that motorcade and it was longer than usual. All the vehicles on Ring Road had to park to allow them go past.

This occurred during one of the Southern Governors Forum meetings. It was only after I saw the plate numbers of the governors' cars that I remembered that I had read about the meeting in the newspapers.

I wish I could remember the year that this happened.

Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by IfnobeGod20: 7:48pm On Jun 25
As governor eleyin done those things in his state? Governor Abiodun has not lived to the expectations of his people. He has failed them in governance. How he won second is what Oracle has refused to let us know.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by PHAYOL81: 7:55pm On Jun 25
lexy2014:

Do they need to hold meeting and raise the good points before they know what it is they are supposed to do?

OFcourse they all know, same as we do. But doings need fundings and (believe it or not) external support. They would always need adequate cooperation from their subordinates in the state political framework, the,stakeholders and the ordinary residents/masses.
To go right into those activities proposed deligently, many of them might have to borrow or sacrifice one or two programmes they'd have likely indulged in, and might put their subjects through some pains too. With collaboration, partnership and consultation amongst like-minded setup like they are having, some things might be achieved with cooperation and common vision and commitment, without much troubles in a win-win agreement.
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by lexy2014: 8:11pm On Jun 25
PHAYOL81:

OFcourse they all know, same as we do. But doings need fundings and (believe it or not) external support. They would always need adequate cooperation from their subordinates in the state political framework, the,stakeholders and the ordinary residents/masses.
To go right into those activities proposed deligently, many of them might have to borrow or sacrifice one or two programmes they'd have likely indulged in, and might put their subjects through some pains too. With collaboration, partnership and consultation amongst like-minded setup like they are having, some things might be achieved with cooperation and common vision and commitment, without much troubles in a win-win agreement.

That is not what I asked you

Do they need to hold meeting and raise the good points before they know what it is they are supposed to do?
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by Konquest: 3:38am On Jun 26
Re: Resolutions Of The June 2024 Meeting Of The Southern Governors Forum by Inosky: 9:31am On Jun 26
Nothing good has ever come out of this stup!d gathering since inception. They're just there for their pockets.

After that, they will still demolish other southerners properties in their using tribalism and hatred.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reuben Abati And Fani-Kayode Insult Themselves On Twitter / Caption This Photo Of Dino Melaye And Saraki / Invitation Card By SA On Tricycle To Kano Governor, Ganduje Goes Viral (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.