Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,267 members, 7,887,783 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:44 PM

Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies (9790 Views)

Styrofoam: Abia Government Bans "Take-away" Foils / FG Bans Inter-State Movement Of COVID-19 Patients / BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by References: 9:12pm On Jun 25
Last year, the Abia and Lagos State Governments banned the use across their respective states
The Federal Government on Tuesday, announced a ban on single-use plastics across all Ministries, Departments, and Agencies ( MDAs).

The Minister of State for Environment, Iziaq Adekunle Salako, disclosed this while briefing State House correspondents at the end of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting presided over by President Bola Tinubu at the Council Chamber, Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The Minister emphasised that the ban aligns with the government’s broader plastic waste management strategy, adding that the menace of plastic pollution was a major issue in our country.

“This initiative demonstrates our commitment to addressing the triple threat of climate change, biodiversity loss, and pollution,” he said.

Recall that in January, the government had stated that it was considering banning the use of the plastic in all government offices.

Salako stated then that the ministry will be seeking approval from the FEC to ban the use of the plastics in the government offices.

“The days ahead, we shall be presenting a memo at the Federal Executive Council praying FEC to approve the banning of single use plastics in all MDAs of the Federal Government of Nigeria,” he had said.

https://thewhistler.ng/fg-bans-single-use-plastics-in-federal-ministries-departments-agencies/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR09OmO4Z3QBiTvB9s9q2786XKvEfFCuFEdTi8Mh_IrqvVJ_uByH3tpcrGY_aem_HRLFzBlXFPPnCP9zlFf58g

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by immortalcrown(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25
It should be banned in the entire Nigeria.

Nylon, including sachet water, should also be banned.

An average Nigerian does not empty a sachet of water before disposing of the sachet. This makes it difficult or even impossible to incinerate the sachet. It is not a must to drink the whole water in the sachet. But, be considerate enough to pour away the remaining water before disposing of the sachet so that burning the sachet will be easy. This annoying attitude of average Nigerians is part of why nylon sachets should be banned.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by 72virginGATEWAY: 9:33pm On Jun 25
The mad republic have passed another law 😁😁😁

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by 72virginGATEWAY: 9:34pm On Jun 25
immortalcrown:

It's a nice idea.

But not in a sinking animal nation.

If them ban pure water, body go tell Nigeria o.

The economy need stable first

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by StraightGaay: 9:34pm On Jun 25
They should ban Amala and ewedu, it's a menace to the climate

6 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by GreenxGreen: 9:34pm On Jun 25
cool
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Ejyksneh(m): 9:35pm On Jun 25
Iragbiji fraud has nothing to offer Nigerians.

There's more hunger in sadwest and sad east than every other part of Nigeria.

These two regions are good in anhiliating themselves

4 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Elidrisy20: 9:36pm On Jun 25
When are they banding condom?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by LillyandDaisy: 9:36pm On Jun 25
Imagine!
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Wisejohnson47(m): 9:36pm On Jun 25
Some people go soon relocate to village because of this bad government

3 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Melagros(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25
COMRADES are speechless at this hilarious news grin
I heard that it's still being used or available in those states that previously banned the usage. This means Nigerian government is a toothless bulldog grin grin
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by jmoore(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25
References:
Last year, the Abia and Lagos State Governments banned the use across their respective states

It is still being used in Aba.
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Flier: 9:38pm On Jun 25
immortalcrown:

Do you know recycling is the reason why Nigeria doesn’t look like a ghetto? Ban nylon today and Nigeria will turn to gheto
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Flier: 9:39pm On Jun 25
Ban beans and gari
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:41pm On Jun 25
Una no well
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by DomPerignon: 9:43pm On Jun 25
Same plastic ban that is causing riots in Kenya.

helinues, see the same eco levy that sparked riots in Kenya now slowly being introduced in Nigeria.

Why is Tinubu not his own president ?

Why is he listening to and taking IMF hit man economic advice?

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by PheelzAlmighty: 9:45pm On Jun 25
Wow..what a caring government grin

2 Likes

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by travelzcruix: 9:48pm On Jun 25
Them one use hunger finish Federal staffs, I pity all those ones wey dia snacks be moi moi, bread and groundnut. E go shock u say no be bricklayer food, na diet for senior federal worker.
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by DomPerignon: 9:50pm On Jun 25
Next will be banning of pure water.

Increased levies on plastic bottled drinks , plastic packaged consumables .

Prices of everyday commodities are bound to spike with this IMF imposed tax. Most companies that retail in cheap plastic packaging will not be able to remain in business.

Don't get me wrong. We have too much waste from plastics. But the timing is wrong because most manufacturers can not afford to switch to recyclable packaging like Tin cans .

helinues, you will see why Kenyans are rioting.

Tinubu should learn from the foolish WEF govt in Kenya and retrace his steps.

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by travelzcruix: 9:51pm On Jun 25
Wisejohnson47:
Some people go soon relocate to village because of this bad government
Na village cheap, I try that advice, I am currently under head bridge looking for night bus back to city grin

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Bluffly: 9:55pm On Jun 25
immortalcrown:

An average Nigerian does not empty a sachet of water before disposing of the sachet. This makes it difficult or even impossible to incinerate the sachet. It is not a must to drink the whole water in the sachet. But, be considerate enough to pour away the remaining water before disposing of the sachet so that burning the sachet will be easy.
Is it the average Nigerian that does not empty it or it is not possible to empty it. You people will just open mouth and denigrate Nigerians at any opportunity given. Drink it yourself and let us see your consciousness of emptying the sachet
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Poiniyisworld: 9:56pm On Jun 25
This is another badest of the bados crazy ideas of the many TINUBULATIONS of this government !

First, it was the change in our national anthem now, it is the PARTIAL address to CLIMATE CHANGE.

Abeg, how many take away packs is being used by staff of MDAs compared to the entire nation?

May God deliver Nigerians o.....
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Panda7(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25
Climate change or environmental degradation, havent learnt burning plastic would deplate the environment
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by Godspowerpro: 9:58pm On Jun 25
The LORD is our Shepherd,

I wonder what Dr. Benard has to say about this

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by IbnB: 10:01pm On Jun 25
References:

https://thewhistler.ng/fg-bans-single-use-plastics-in-federal-ministries-departments-agencies/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR09OmO4Z3QBiTvB9s9q2786XKvEfFCuFEdTi8Mh_IrqvVJ_uByH3tpcrGY_aem_HRLFzBlXFPPnCP9zlFf58g

Fools

Regulate the importation/production of ethylene and whatever other chemicals are critical to styrofoam manufacture...you can't possibly stop styrofoam use in the whole nation when your police force is composed entirely of criminals and hard-core murderers

1 Like

Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by immortalcrown(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25
Bluffly:

Is it the average Nigerian that does not empty it or it is not possible to empty it. You people will just open mouth and denigrate Nigerians at any opportunity given. Drink it yourself and let us see your consciousness of emptying the sachet
You are just disgracing yourself here.

I pour away the remaining water before disposing of the sachet. I blow air into the sachet and face down the open end to easily empty the sachet. Some people insult me, saying they find the act disgusting. Some say I act like a kid. I often confront people around me for disposing of sachets with water. If I don't do it, it would not occur to me to say it in my comment. You argue with me here because you are probably among the ones that don't empty a sachet of water before disposing it of.
Re: Climate Change: FG Bans Take-aways, Styrofoam In Ministries, Depts & Agencies by tnerro1(m): 10:02pm On Jun 25
Wow, Another achievement

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Role Of Young People In HIV Prevention / How I Get Hard And Sustainable Erection Anytime I Want It / What Is Ruzu Bitters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.