Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,856 members, 7,876,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee (33089 Views)

Reps Committee Turned Back Ministries With Unspent 2020 Budget / Kemebradikumo Pondei Slumps During Reps Committee Interrogation / Gbajabiamila Offers 60 PDP Reps Committee Chairmanship, Deputy Slots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by Nikes(m): 10:47am On Jun 26
His underlying medical condition may have been triggered by the prospect of facing the committee panel. Omo I remember when I took up a Job sometime ago. This person stressed the hell out of me until I started having serious heart burn for no reason. The day I dropped that job and returned the balance I slept like a baby and bade my goodbyes to BP spikes.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by wallrichy: 10:48am On Jun 26
Do you actually think that this type of man wasn't taken his health serious?

We NIGERIANS love to assume that any sudden death connote that the victim hasn't been taken care of himself or herself. It ain't so my guys, most wealthy people take very good care of their health but death still steal them away at a go inform of Cardiac Arrest. I feel fear and other external factors can make your heart to palpitate leading to heart attack especially when you are in a crowd and all focus is on you. Often, we feel our hearts beating over a shock or a bad news or even witnessing an accident. That moment, the electrical impulse in our body extrudes a high voltage that pass through every part of our body. At that moment, so many things can go wrong despite the fact that you aren't sick or has a particular disease you were managing. It's possible for an healthy person to die suddenly, depending on the situation he's at every point in time. I have seen a healthy man watching football and died suddenly watching football. Infact, a Doctor that really prioritize his health more than anything. I am not a Doctor or health professional but this is what I have seen and observed in ages.

Fire4fireNL:
More reason why we need to take our health serious. Nigerians only go to the doctor when they are really sick or at the point of death. We can avoid a lot of chronic disease with just one annual wellness visit, or even once every two years. That way, things can be detected early and promptly treated. This saves money and life down the line.

RIP to the man. It's so painful to lose a love one like this... just imagine this man left home this morning, healthy and sound. Now they have to inform the family that he's no more... so sad.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by meobizy(f): 11:13am On Jun 26
When I see such stories coupled with the atrocity of obese people commuting on the daily, I swear to kill myself in a gym than pass away from cardiac arrest.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by Artscollection: 11:47am On Jun 26
Odin13:

Amen..

Respect

Perfectly said and he might be innocent as well.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by dragunov: 1:20pm On Jun 26
seunmsg:

A lot of people just comment ignorantly and it’s so sad. That man is way too junior for the duty that was pushed to him. The CG stayed back in the office and the DCG Finance and Account was sitting down there while a DC was pushed to the front to be taking fire for the big dogs. Seriously, Customs really needs to take a look at their accounting structure and system. A system that throws up a DC as the most competent officer to represent the CG at a public hearing of the National Assembly is not good enough.

The activist layer just got peeled. Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg 😜🤪🤪🤪🤪
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by sageb: 4:02pm On Jun 26
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by lexyclasy: 5:26pm On Jun 26
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by francotunsco: 7:54pm On Jun 26
His death was so shocking and painful. I wish his family the strength to bear the loss. I think he deserves a post humus national award.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by gaskiyamagana: 8:13pm On Jun 26
Dapromzy333:

https://news360ng.com/i-may-need-to-take-water-last-words-of-customs-chief-dc-essien-before-slumping-at-national-assembly/

See earlier thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/8135602/custom-officer-slumps-dies-during
If it was discussion on Israeli and PALESTINIANs, some online pychatric patients will be masturbating here that it God of Israel that visited the man.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by Blessedarethepe(m): 8:42pm On Jun 26
Solidex:
Don't steal or create an impression of theft of public fund if you don't have the balls to the face the panel of inquiry.
He may have died of cardiac arrest or other cardiovascular complications but, one thing I am sure of is that, it was precipitated by the phobia of facing the panel.
Our people are very funny, they don't quiver when they are eating fat from the national revenue but, the moment they are surmoned to come and explain, they start fidgeting or even slump and die of phobia.
Rip to him.
Immediately I heard about his death I know the public will not disappoint to have an opinion of him being guilty of a fraud. This is not the first time he will be going for such defence. He merely appeared before the Public Account Committee of the NASS to report the performance of NCS in terms of its core mandate which is revenue generation for the period under consideration.
If you know how digitalized the whole customs operation have been you will not be thinking that he's being guilty of any financial misdemeanor. These are direct payments into the CBN account.
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by john1101(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26
xcuggsm:
THE WATER MIGHT HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED AND THE TWO OFFICERS FLANKING HIM ARE ALSO SUSPECT.
His last words are indicative to his preparedness to open a festering can of worms in the customs and Accountant General's offices

Doesn't matter Everyone dies
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by Iamblessed85: 10:17pm On Jun 28
KingAzubuike:
Cardiac arrest is a respecter of no man

When the news was leaked to you, what was your reaction
Re: Last Words Of DC. Andrew Essien While Facing Reps Committee by Wotowotoman: 9:03pm On Jun 29
meobizy:
When I see such stories coupled with the atrocity of obese people commuting on the daily, I swear to kill myself in a gym than pass away from cardiac arrest.

Meobizy you don come again with your bald head. Who tell you say you can’t get cardiac arrest for gym? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Campaign: VIPs Went To Plateau With 30 Private, Chartered Jets / Tinubu At The 8th Day Fidau Prayers For Late Alafin Of Oyo / Tuface And Rep Member Herman Hembe Back In The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.