Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,225 members, 7,964,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:59 AM

Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore (11603 Views)

South South Governors Commend President Tinubu's Coastal Highway Project / Atiku Knocks Tinubu Over Secrecy In Lagos-Calabar Highway Project / Sanwo-Olu: We Will Deliver 6-Lane Lekki-Epe Highway Project 1st Quarter 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by sulaak(m): 4:28pm On Jun 26
mrvitalis:

How do upi build infrastructure when you are broke

In the West, you get a degree when you are broke. When you are out of work, you invest in training and skilled development to return to work. Unlike Sowere, i would focus on electricity and water development
Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by mrvitalis(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26
sulaak:

In the West, you get a degree when you are broke. When you are out of work, you invest in training and skilled development to return to work. Unlike Sowere, i would focus on electricity and water development
Electricity for what exactly... I have a factory and we run a gen 100% power doesn't make up 5% of my production cost

Has any company left Nigeria for lack of power?

Why not ask the industry player what they really want and I can assure you power and water from government won't get top 10
Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by mrvitalis(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26
sulaak:

The best time to build infrastructure is now.

Please study Roosevelt's New Deal policies based on Keynes's economics of government spending to enhance development and growth. Investment in construction projects will support jobs and development. Road, housing and rail construction projects are medium-skill labour that will benefit the problem and local industry.

Buhari didn't build enough infrastructure; he started the Lagos to Ibadan railway and stopped; he spent the next 4 years seeking funding for the Kano -Niger Republic Railway and upgrading the PH to Maiduguri Railway.

If you visit countries similar to Nigeria you will nocie that they have substantial infrastructures that can support industrial development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal#:~:text=The%20New%20Deal%20included%20new,Roosevelt.
Did you see the stats I gave above? We are broke, we are struggling to pay back the interest from the previous loans we took

And your solution is to take more loans and build things that won't bring in revenue?

Make that make sense please
Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by DMerciful(m): 5:15pm On Jun 26
Lunacy
blamingthedevil:

Mumudient
Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by EdiskyHarry: 5:17pm On Jun 26
blamingthedevil:

Shattap
You are mad
Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by sulaak(m): 8:51am On Jun 27
mrvitalis:

Electricity for what exactly... I have a factory and we run a gen 100% power doesn't make up 5% of my production cost

Has any company left Nigeria for lack of power?

Why not ask the industry player what they really want and I can assure you power and water from government won't get top 10

Chief, I don't know what you produce in your factory. Still, if Nigeria intends to industrialize, create jobs, and build an industrial value chain, it can't make steel, aluminium plants, or automobiles using diesel generators.

The majority of those companies that are leaving Nigeria are glorified importers and offer nothing to Nigeria.

Western multinationals fleeing Nigeria are being replaced by Asian and Turkish firms.

The naira has swung wildly in recent months and is 56% down against the dollar over the past year, the most of any African currency. That’s made it difficult for companies that import goods and service foreign debts to make a profit as they struggle to pass the necessary price increases to consumers. And while the central bank has now cleared a $7 billion backlog that companies were seeking to repatriate the difficulty in doing so in recent years made many businesses unsustainable.
The gaps in the market left by the departing multinationals present an opportunity for domestic companies and foreign firms that focus on sourcing raw materials in Nigeria and manufacturing locally, thereby avoiding the currency risk that has hounded some foreign companies out.

https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/western-multinationals-fleeing-nigeria-are-being-replaced-by-asian-and-turkish-firms/

Re: Tinubu's Student Loan, Coastal Highway Project Was Our Idea - Sowore by HRMK: 10:54am On Jun 27
HEAR 30K VOTES IN 2019! HEAR 14K VOTES IN 2023!
YEYE MAN!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria VIP Crazy? / Sign Electoral Act Amendment Now, Atiku Urges Buhari / Yahaya Bello: My Victory Has Buried Politics Of Ethnicity In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.