Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,859 members, 7,876,285 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi (42254 Views)

I Spent N60m On Ummukulsum – Chinese Man Who Killed His Lover Tells Kano Court / Zimbabwean Man Beats Wife, Shaves Hair With Knife For Following Him To Bet Shop / Adeyemi Alao In Court, Remanded In Prison For Khadijat Oluboyo's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by motionarena: 11:38am On Jun 26
rickleye:

Good Question . Should be N15,000 x 240 working days x 24 years. N86 million less taxes

For this naija?
Make I bend, any money he receives will be from sympathizers
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Blazebond(m): 11:38am On Jun 26
He needs to sue the police force and the federal government for serious compensation.

5 Likes

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by rickleye: 11:40am On Jun 26
motionarena:

For this naija?
Make I bend, any money he receives will be from sympathizers

Really so all he gets is sorry 😣?
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by dannyspeejay(m): 11:40am On Jun 26
Maka why na
God save your soul
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Light78: 11:40am On Jun 26
That's why you hear news like this: police officers killed, military personnel killed, and even other armed forces. People might have hurt others.

Why won't karma visit the people who connived to make this innocent man suffer?

I also have experienced something similar. Sars came and started arresting youths unexpectedly for no valid reason.

Even a young man bought bread and was about to cross the road, he was caught unaware and arrested. The woman who sold the bread to him was pleading like a baby hysterically, saying " ko da ooo, ko se kan kan. Bread lo ra lorwo mi. E ni omo ni ile ooo. Ko da ooo. I was just watching and shaking my head.

We have a long way to go.

What a wicked world.

3 Likes

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by lomprico(m): 11:40am On Jun 26
KwaraIsLost:
Animal republic.

The police station must be owned by ibo

Lol, see as you stupid!
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by JuanDeDios: 11:40am On Jun 26
OriOko88:
undecided
If it's in the US he'will be compensated with millions of $$. 24 years no be beans oo. He don spend all his useful life in prison.
Don't be surprised if he's given a paltry sum of 10k to take bus home. Very undecidedPitiable
That's if they give him N1. Is it not Nigeria?
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by BigBashiru: 11:40am On Jun 26
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by RighteousDemon: 11:41am On Jun 26
Don’t incompetent leaders resign abroad?
Since na only the uglies una Dey defend. Abeg not write me again.

Godwin4444:
bro it happens abroad too

The thing is that may we not b unfortunate

A man was sentenced for rape he didn’t commit, the victim came out to confess after 33 years n few days later she killed herself
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by DNAPro: 11:41am On Jun 26
The state owes him money and resistution for miscarriage of justice and waste of lifetime.
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Niok: 11:42am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest
. No be Everytime u go dey bash your country
It happens everywhere even in the U.S, except you don't follow news enough. Even Quora has a lot of this kinda news

Life tho....he went in as a boy, came out as a
so it should become a norm because it happens in the us?
Or we should fail to criticize the judiciary because it happens in the abroad?
Sometimes I wonder if you're actually retardded upstairs in the head

4 Likes

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by franchasofficia: 11:42am On Jun 26
This is just a little of what The Church of Christ has been doing for mankind all over the world.

To those that always see Pastors and Churches as mere tithe collectors, can you see how useful Churches are to the society and mankind? And these men are even Muslims yet Church helped them plead their case and got them freedom and still helping to rehabilitate them and reintroduce them into the society.

If you have money always help the Church because a lot of Churches are helping mankind in several ways, forget some herbalists calling themselves Pastors, God will definitely disgrace them all at.the end.

And to all reading, this is why you must constantly pray to God for mercy everyday you wake up.

The world is cruel.

Money is a defense yes but there is a limit to where money can save you in this cruel world.

Run to Jesus Christ today, He is the only Savior and defender of the oppressed.

I am not hungry but I have realized that no matter how rich I am without Jesus Christ I am a chaff, a nobody.

Glory be to God Almighty for this great testimony

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by DCmonster: 11:42am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest
It happens everywhere even in the U.S, except you don't follow news enough. Even Quora has a lot of this kinda news

You are too dumb to be with a phone.
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by sylve11: 11:43am On Jun 26
RighteousDemon:

It’s like na you wan displace helinues for who stupeed pass for this forum o

😆 cool
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by udemzyudex(m): 11:45am On Jun 26
Chai.. The police all over the world are the same.

1 Like

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Franzinni: 11:46am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest

you see you are not using your coconut well ... You are talking about quora on nairaland ... So because it happens in USA that makes it tolerable? Or what exactly is your point ? Otenku
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by ezenna191(m): 11:46am On Jun 26
In Nigeria, the poor innocent suffers in vain. See many criminals in our parliaments moving freely.
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by danzaki63: 11:50am On Jun 26
How can police ever be your friend? they are always assuming nothing about them is based on emphirical evidence. We watch criminal justice films while we were kids and we see the meticulous ways that foreign police goes through to arrive at conclusions. Here, they will arrest, Father, Wife, Inlaw, Children and even belongings of a suspect. They will even exchange innocent people with condemned criminals. It is only Nigeria that a criminal will be freed and the complainant is turned into the accused after exchange of money. Dont ever do anything that will get you into Nigerian police trouble. The Nigerian police is your enemy not a frieind. May God heal this man. May God give him the mind to forgive them.

1 Like

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Lavor234: 11:50am On Jun 26
The Police Force needs to be sued for one billion naira
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:50am On Jun 26
Realdeals:
Pure case of Àkóbá Àdàbà

You can't blame the Police or judiciary, It is the wickedness of the culprits, who are known to him. There is no way he could have exonerated himself without those guys confessing he's not part of them, the I will not go down alone mentality.

Had it been mobile communication is rampant back then, call logs and communication record could have saved him.

So someone can just claim this person is an accomplice and the case is done by

The police and judge failed in Thier examination and cross examination.

Stop defending them

1 Like

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Firstcitizen: 11:52am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest

WTF!¬ so whenever the US does something that is unjust or barbaric we should just follow suit and close our mouths when it happens in our country. Is it a crime if we have a superior Justice system than the US?

You stvpid sha!

1 Like

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Lavor234: 11:53am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest

Victims have sued to the police in those countries that is why the police have become more meticulous in their investigations.
Some body must pay for this loss of life/youth.

Police that cannot undertake simple investigation, wasting lives, resources and occupying space should be sacked.
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Elidrisy20: 11:53am On Jun 26
Very touching,
Very sorry.
A friend of a theif is a theif
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Raph82(m): 11:54am On Jun 26
KwaraIsLost:
Animal republic.

The police station must be owned by ibo
How does this story concern Ibo? Are u this miserable in ur life? At least for once can't u think straight?
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Goddyrichie(m): 11:58am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest

but other country he can sue d government but here e no fit b cuz d system is not working here
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Truvelisback(m): 11:59am On Jun 26
DevilsEqual:

Rest

You no get sense. I pray the same thing happens to you.
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by CartelKenneth: 11:59am On Jun 26
BigBashiru:

Blacks are evil

Na why black nation no dey ever progress na
Evil bastards🐒

1 Like

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Okoroawusa: 11:59am On Jun 26
This story is heartbreaking
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Procashtips(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26
There must be a law that compensates those who are wrongly convicted and jailed for more than 10 years.

They must be compensated with at least a mini flat (owned) and a job that must pay them at least ₦100k after training if not skilled.

You can't just waste people's lives and when they prove their innocence, you release them into the society without anything to their names

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Procashtips(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26
Procashtips:
There must be a law that compensate those who are wrongly convicted and jailed more than 10 years.

They must be compensated with at least a mini flat (owned) and a job that must pay them at least ₦100k after training if not skilled.

You can't just waste people's lives and when they prove their innocence, you release them into the society without anything to their names

A bill like this nust be pushed into our law.

It must.

Enough is enough!
Re: I Spent 24Yrs In Prison For Following Friend To Police Station - Lukman Adeyemi by Lavor234: 12:01pm On Jun 26
Are our Policemen even capable of investigating a crime. How many more people will languish in jail in the future or are languishing there now.
You may think it may not happen to u today, but this could happen to your child tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant Lagos Beautician Beats Maid To Death / Little Boy Selling Pure Water At The University Of Abuja Spotted By Nairalander / The Pro-SARS Thugs Were Holding Cutlasses & Daggers -#EndSARS Protesters (Video)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.