Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,551 members, 7,921,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:42 PM

N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case (26054 Views)

Yahaya Bello Demands Transfer Of N83 Billion Fraud Case To Kogi State / Crisis In Kanu's Legal Team As Bruce Fein Asks Ejiofor To Withdraw From Case / Maina's Lawyer, Adeola Adedipe Quits, Applies To Withdraw From Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Ejebleje: 5:47pm On Jun 27
Hmm
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by descartes400: 5:50pm On Jun 27
VillagePipu:
They will jail this Bello's lawyer and he will see shege. He should keep allowing Bello to mess him up.

Please explain, under what crime will the lawyer be jailed within the context of this case given the refusal of his client to appear before the court? Does the lawyer have executive or punitve authority to kidnap his client to court? Since the law demands an accuse is duly represented in court of law, will you also jail the next lawyer that will represent the client if same client refuses to appear before the court?

Right from the on set of this case, there have been double standards by EFFC with regards to governors with similar allegations...when you are selective in dispensing justice, Yahaya bello tom and jerry drama will be inevitable...

1 Like

Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Ishilove: 5:51pm On Jun 27
Mr Yahaya ti se won ni handicap. Alakoba somebody 😂😂😂
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Ishilove: 5:53pm On Jun 27
VillagePipu:

Must they translate everything into Igbo language before it can enter your head?
Lwkmd 🤣
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Kalzjun: 5:54pm On Jun 27
Lawyer knows he's guilty hence the reason for the withdrawal. No need wasting his time defending a thief
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by tojahh(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27
The EFCC lawyer is playing.

You have a court order to arrest Yahaya Bello and you couldn't or wouldn't go arrest him, Yahaya Bello is still in Nigeria and the court order indicated his arrest anywhere seen. You can't arrest him but you want his lawyer to bring him to court for you. So his lawyer should tdo your job while you waste tax payers money running after yahoo boys. Now you want to dock his lawyer for failing to do what is termed your job.

Just dey play ineffective EFCC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by JuanDeDios: 6:00pm On Jun 27
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by themanderon: 6:00pm On Jun 27
Lawyer has japa from the case grin.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Always82: 6:05pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:
Nigerian men are Use-less.... All of themgrin grin grin grin
l no your fada also is among us and the mancho man that jam you front and back.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by fineberry(m): 6:06pm On Jun 27
That EFCC lawyer na Ogbannashoko ajeh.

Omo lawyer no easy oo
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Always82: 6:06pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:
l no your farda also is among us and the mancho man that jam you front and back.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by adams123: 6:07pm On Jun 27
CEO2001:
All these maybe game

That's what's ringing in my brain, you know your con3 well...
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by maruzia: 6:11pm On Jun 27
Na money problem
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by tnerro1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27
Someone said if bello is not prosecuted he will resign. I still hold my pop corn dey wait
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Tareq1105: 6:17pm On Jun 27
Lawalemi:
So this Yahaya Bello is a confirmed crook afterall.

Dear All, please watch well before you vote o

Na youth, future leader Yeye Bello be.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Tradman: 6:20pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:
they knack ur puna scattered?
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Goodman247: 6:23pm On Jun 27
Nigeria are not prudent with their resources
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Princeton92(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:

YOUR FATHER AND BROTHERS TOO?
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by JONSYN7154: 6:26pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:
Don't let Mosdii catch you for using his favourite comments 🤣😂🤣😂
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by ElevationD: 6:54pm On Jun 27
So sad that Yaya Bello has failed to appear in court. He makes mockery of himself and appears guilty as charged.

Lady Macduff in Macbeth said "when our actions do not, our fears do make us traitors”.

With Yaya Bello consistently dodging arraignment, can we safely say that his hands are clean? Can we not say that he truthfully embezzled public funds?
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by MightySparrow: 6:59pm On Jun 27
This case gidi gan
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by ElevationD: 7:03pm On Jun 27
descartes400:

Please explain, under what crime will the lawyer be jailed within the context of this case given the refusal of his client to appear before the court? Does the lawyer have executive or punitve authority to kidnap his client to court? Since the law demands an accuse is duly represented in court of law, will you also jail the next lawyer that will represent the client if same client refuses to appear before the court?

Right from the on set of this case, there have been double standards by EFFC with regards to governors with similar allegations...when you are selective in dispensing justice, Yahaya bello tom and jerry drama will be inevitable...

It is always very important to read and understand.

Below is an excerpt from the event inside the court:

“ Following his absence in court for his scheduled arraignment, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, urged the trial judge to dock his lawyers for failing to fulfil an undertaking they made to ensure his availability for trial.

Lead counsel for the EFCC, Mr. Kemi Pinhero, SAN, prayed the court to punish the two senior lawyers that always represented the former governor, insisting that they have breached the rules of professional conduct.

Pinhero, SAN, argued that Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners stipulated that any lawyer that failed to comply with an undertaking he made before a court, aside from being in contempt, is automatically guilty of misconduct.

“My lord, our application is that since one of the lawyers is present in court, he should be moved to the dock and dealt with him summarily, that is what the law says”

From the above, you can see that lawyers have rules that guide their conduct inside the courts. Having realized the awaiting trouble, Bello’s lawyer quickly applied to get off the case. He’d rather preserve his name and hard worked image, than go to court for an ex governor, who’s hiding inside government house and refusing to attend his case in court.

The crime of the lawyer is his failure, along with the lead counsel, to produce the accused Bello on the strength of an undertaking signed the last time in court. If the learned Judge agrees with the EFCC prosecutor, Bello’s counsel will find himself in prison.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Honestey: 7:17pm On Jun 27
The lawyer no want disgrace, he knows it's a dead on arrival case, yahaya will share space with Emefielle one day
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by ghazab74(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27
Including your fiance and your brothers.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by descartes400: 7:38pm On Jun 27
ElevationD:

It is always very important to read and understand.

Below is an excerpt from the event inside the court:

“ Following his absence in court for his scheduled arraignment, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, urged the trial judge to dock his lawyers for failing to fulfil an undertaking they made to ensure his availability for trial.

Lead counsel for the EFCC, Mr. Kemi Pinhero, SAN, prayed the court to punish the two senior lawyers that always represented the former governor, insisting that they have breached the rules of professional conduct.

Pinhero, SAN, argued that Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners stipulated that any lawyer that failed to comply with an undertaking he made before a court, aside from being in contempt, is automatically guilty of misconduct.

“My lord, our application is that since one of the lawyers is present in court, he should be moved to the dock and dealt with him summarily, that is what the law says”

From the above, you can see that lawyers have rules that guide their conduct inside the courts. Having realized the awaiting trouble, Bello’s lawyer quickly applied to get off the case. He’d rather preserve his name and hard worked image, than go to court for an ex governor, who’s hiding inside government house and refusing to attend his case in court.

The crime of the lawyer is his failure, along with the lead counsel, to produce the accused Bello on the strength of an undertaking signed the last time in court. If the learned Judge agrees with the EFCC prosecutor, Bello’s counsel will find himself in prison.

Think outside the box!

The Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners is not casted in stone and therefore contestable in court and when it was referenced by the EFFC's lawyer, did the judge enter judgement against Yahaya bello's Legal representative?

Now the question is, how do you determine that Yahaya's Lawyer WILLFULLY[/i] failed to comply with the undertaking to produce his client in court and should thus warrant a punishment?

Should the lawyer procure the services of Amotekun or Kogi state Vigilante group to capture Yahaya Bello, to produce him in court so as to be seen as complying with Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners?

Yahaya's lawyer[i]
:: My Lord I vehemently reject the notion, the infantile insinuation that i willfully failed to comply with the undertaking.

If you will recalled my lord, the Effcc that comprises of gun thotting soldiers and police men had earlier failed to arrest my client in order to produce him in court, and have not been sanctioned for their failings

Is my learned colleague, suggesting, my Lord, that I procure the services of Kogi State Vigilante group or a Juju priest to capture my client ?
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Aplaudez(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27
Sheistoopretty:

Plus your father grin
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by ghazab74(m): 7:53pm On Jun 27
Better.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by cyphaAhmed(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27
You nailed it bro. I keep on saying that these EFCC people have no loqus and they think it will be normal day. Truth is Yahaya Bello was a rich bloke before the office, that kind of money cannot be stolen from Kogi state. All that pastor of an EFCC man is after is to handcuff a man that is 10 times smarter. Quote me anytime, Bello will never allow himself to be cuffed.
tojahh:
The EFCC lawyer is playing.

You have a court order to arrest Yahaya Bello and you couldn't or wouldn't go arrest him, Yahaya Bello is still in Nigeria and the court order indicated his arrest anywhere seen. You can't arrest him but you want his lawyer to bring him to court for you. So his lawyer should tdo your job while you waste tax payers money running after yahoo boys. Now you want to dock his lawyer for failing to do what is termed your job.

Just dey play ineffective EFCC.
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by cyphaAhmed(m): 8:04pm On Jun 27
Only God knows how intelligent you and your generations will be. One day, I will get you a very expensive cognac before I leave this earth.
descartes400:

Think outside the box!

The Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners is not casted in stone and therefore contestable in court and when it was referenced by the EFFC's lawyer, did the judge enter judgement against Yahaya bello's Legal representative?

Now the question is, how do you determine that Yahaya's Lawyer WILLFULLY[/i] failed to comply with the undertaking to produce his client in court and should thus warrant a punishment?

Should the lawyer procure the services of Amotekun or Kogi state Vigilante group to capture Yahaya Bello, to produce him in court so as to be seen as complying with Order 31(3) of Rules of Professional Conduct for legal practitioners?

Yahaya's lawyer[i]
:: My Lord I vehemently reject the notion, the infantile insinuation that i willfully failed to comply with the undertaking.

If you will recalled my lord, the Effcc that comprises of gun thotting soldiers and police men had earlier failed to arrest my client in order to produce him in court, and have not been sanctioned for their failings

Is my learned colleague, suggesting, my Lord, that I procure the services of Kogi State Vigilante group or a Juju priest to capture my client ?

Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by onuman: 8:05pm On Jun 27
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by Ebelefrancis123: 8:56pm On Jun 27
Do we have JUDICIARY in this country?
Re: N83 Billion Fraud: Lawyer Dumps Yahaya Bello, Withdraws From Case by dododawa1: 8:56pm On Jun 27
🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I come dey pity d lawyer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / Gov Fubara Receives Wike's Royal Father, Eze Oha Apara Kingdom On Solidarity Vis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.