Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland (9530 Views)

Imam Ustadh Ku Yaqub Ku Hashim Dies On Pulpit During His Jumu'ah Lecture / Igbo Muslims Grumble Over Appointment Of New Imam / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by mamaafrik(m): 7:25pm On Jun 28
Lukgaf:
THE NEED TO REVISIT THE INFLUENCE OF TRADITIONAL RULERS IN THE APPOINTMENT OF IMAM IN YORUBALAND - By Qaasim Odedeji

There is a Yoruba adage: 'aye là ba'fa, ayé làbá imole, lọsan gangan n'igbagbọ wọlé dé '. This adage confirms the existence of Islam in Yorùbá land long time ago before the coming of European colonial masters who brought Christianity to Nigeria.

It is not unusual that almost in all the major towns in Yorùbá land, central mosques exist side by side with the palaces.

History has it that the earliest Muslims in many of Yorùbá towns and cities were either invited by the traditional rulers who were Muslims or they were accepted and given spaces closed to the palaces to build their mosques in order to live close to the Obas. This, because of the respect the traditional rulers had for such Alfas and the spiritual powers they believed they were possessed of. Such Alfas eventually served as spiritual guides and advisors for the Obas.

Some of such traditional rulers who accepted Islam later became the vanguards of Islamic propagation in their domains. Examples of such traditional rulers who became promoters of Islam in their domains are Oba Memudu Lagunju who ruled as Timi of Ede and Oba Momodu Lamuye who ruled as Oluwo. The two of them implemented Sharia law in their towns; Ede and Iwo and as well established Shari'a court for that purpose.

It was this synergies between the Yoruba Obas in Yoruba towns and mutual respect between them that culminated into the influence the Yoruba traditional rulers have had in who become the Chief Imams of the cities and towns.

Despite this fact, the respect between the Obas and Imams was mutual. The earlier Yorùbá traditional rulers held the Chief Imams in high esteem and hence, the popular statement, 'alfa ni Bàbá Ọba' i.e, Islamic Clerics are the fathers of Kings. The Imams in those days were highly respected by all and sundry. There was no incidence of an Oba purporting to dethrone an Imam for whatever reason whatsoever.

It is therefore a great absurdity when today the incidence of Obas imposition of anybody, qualified or not qualified as well as attempts to dethrone Imams on the excuse that he who hires can fire has become so rampant.

The absurd practice on appointment of Chief Imams have become so far and embarrassing that if the office of Imam and Oba is vacant, filling of the vacant position of the Chief Imam has to wait until the Oba is appointed no matter how long. An example of this is the office of the Chief Imam of Oyo that has remained vacant due to the vacancy in the office of Alaafin of Oyo.

Some years back, the Timi of Ede, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal, Laminisa 1 took some steps to suspend the Chief Imam of Ede for a reason that is only political until the intervention of well meaning individuals and groups in and outside of Ede. This kind of action is embarrassing not only to the office of the Chief Imam but the entire Muslims.

It then becomes more embarrassing when such Oba is a Christian like the current issue between the Soun of Ogbomoso, a Christian pastor and Chief Imam of Ogbomosoland, Sheikh Taliat Yunus where the former purportedly issued a query to the latter for daring to make a pilgrimage to hajj which is a fundamental aspect of Islam without his permission. Perhaps, one day, Oba ghandi will want the Chief Imam to seek for his permission before performing salat.

It needs to be stated without doubt that the position of an Imam is a purely Islamic position guided by the Shari'a. It is not a chieftaincy matter guided by Chiefs law of States. Therefore, the appointment and discipline of Imams, if necessary, should be in accordance with the Shari'a.

While it may not be out of place to involve the traditional rulers in the ceremony that follows the appointment of Imams in Yorubaland, the appointment needs to be strictly done by the Muslim Community of the town through a shurah committee.

Finally, Yoruba Obas should accord the Chief Imams their well-deserved respect, honour and dignity as it used to be between the Obas and Imams of the olden days.

Qaasim Odedeji

Dear Christians can you see why we need to disregard this swearing and contribute to Islamic threads, they want to propagate lies and keep you from fighting it technically and capitalise on our peaceful nature.

Can you hear the mumu o.p proverb?

"Why do you people like shifting the goal post all the time. When you were enjoying the benefits of the throne of the Yoruba kings, you didn't realize that Imamship is a Sharia thing right?

I'm not against you people reviewing how you choose your Imam and how you do it, if Imamship will no longer be attached to the Obaship of a certain town, then, it means that, office of the Chief Imam will not be for a specific family again, it also means that the office will not be exclusively for a citizen of that particular town i.e someone from iwo can be chief imam in Ogbomoso and vice versa.

By so doing, it will be obvious that it's not a chieftaincy thing, unfortunately, you all lack the power to do these things because tradition is tradition already. The Chief Imam in Ogbomoso in his letter of appointment had signed that before he will leave his duty post, he will notify the Soun throne, also before he will appoint a representative for himself, he will seek the consent of the Soun throne but now that a Christian is the king, he finds it difficult to fulfill his agreement, he forgets that his loyalty of appointment is to the throne of Soun not to the personality of the king."

This is the only sensible Muslim that has objectively spoken on this matter.
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=iK_NQ5b7qS0?si=Yw2NGZliEeRpN4Go

1 Like

Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:43pm On Jun 28
Luckysbab:

Ode. Let your Ghandi face the affairs of CAN. Sebi na him go choose the head of the Baptist community too? Idiot

Let TOLIAT AYILARA do any rubbish, he will be dealt with brutally. Gone are the days that Christians are peaceful, any madness brought by Muslim will be met with resistance

All muslims around me knows I am not that father forgive them kind of christian.

If dem born Toliat AYILARA well, let him run mouth like tap and see the aftermath

Yes, the king can dictate to & uninstall Ayilara if he is disturbing the peace of Ogbomosho nd heaven will not fall

This is not Southwest and not banana republic of Muhammad SAW (Sex Award Winner)

ENOUGH OF MADNESS FROM JANJA-WEED MUDSLAM

2 Likes

Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by mamaafrik(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28
Lukgaf:
THE NEED TO REVISIT THE INFLUENCE OF TRADITIONAL RULERS IN THE APPOINTMENT OF IMAM IN YORUBALAND - By Qaasim Odedeji

There is a Yoruba adage: 'aye là ba'fa, ayé làbá imole, lọsan gangan n'igbagbọ wọlé dé '. This adage confirms the existence of Islam in Yorùbá land long time ago before the coming of European colonial masters who brought Christianity to Nigeria.

It is not unusual that almost in all the major towns in Yorùbá land, central mosques exist side by side with the palaces.

History has it that the earliest Muslims in many of Yorùbá towns and cities were either invited by the traditional rulers who were Muslims or they were accepted and given spaces closed to the palaces to build their mosques in order to live close to the Obas. This, because of the respect the traditional rulers had for such Alfas and the spiritual powers they believed they were possessed of. Such Alfas eventually served as spiritual guides and advisors for the Obas.

Some of such traditional rulers who accepted Islam later became the vanguards of Islamic propagation in their domains. Examples of such traditional rulers who became promoters of Islam in their domains are Oba Memudu Lagunju who ruled as Timi of Ede and Oba Momodu Lamuye who ruled as Oluwo. The two of them implemented Sharia law in their towns; Ede and Iwo and as well established Shari'a court for that purpose.

It was this synergies between the Yoruba Obas in Yoruba towns and mutual respect between them that culminated into the influence the Yoruba traditional rulers have had in who become the Chief Imams of the cities and towns.

Despite this fact, the respect between the Obas and Imams was mutual. The earlier Yorùbá traditional rulers held the Chief Imams in high esteem and hence, the popular statement, 'alfa ni Bàbá Ọba' i.e, Islamic Clerics are the fathers of Kings. The Imams in those days were highly respected by all and sundry. There was no incidence of an Oba purporting to dethrone an Imam for whatever reason whatsoever.

It is therefore a great absurdity when today the incidence of Obas imposition of anybody, qualified or not qualified as well as attempts to dethrone Imams on the excuse that he who hires can fire has become so rampant.

The absurd practice on appointment of Chief Imams have become so far and embarrassing that if the office of Imam and Oba is vacant, filling of the vacant position of the Chief Imam has to wait until the Oba is appointed no matter how long. An example of this is the office of the Chief Imam of Oyo that has remained vacant due to the vacancy in the office of Alaafin of Oyo.

Some years back, the Timi of Ede, Oba Munirudeen Adesola Lawal, Laminisa 1 took some steps to suspend the Chief Imam of Ede for a reason that is only political until the intervention of well meaning individuals and groups in and outside of Ede. This kind of action is embarrassing not only to the office of the Chief Imam but the entire Muslims.

It then becomes more embarrassing when such Oba is a Christian like the current issue between the Soun of Ogbomoso, a Christian pastor and Chief Imam of Ogbomosoland, Sheikh Taliat Yunus where the former purportedly issued a query to the latter for daring to make a pilgrimage to hajj which is a fundamental aspect of Islam without his permission. Perhaps, one day, Oba ghandi will want the Chief Imam to seek for his permission before performing salat.

It needs to be stated without doubt that the position of an Imam is a purely Islamic position guided by the Shari'a. It is not a chieftaincy matter guided by Chiefs law of States. Therefore, the appointment and discipline of Imams, if necessary, should be in accordance with the Shari'a.

While it may not be out of place to involve the traditional rulers in the ceremony that follows the appointment of Imams in Yorubaland, the appointment needs to be strictly done by the Muslim Community of the town through a shurah committee.

Finally, Yoruba Obas should accord the Chief Imams their well-deserved respect, honour and dignity as it used to be between the Obas and Imams of the olden days.

Qaasim Odedeji

I need any sane Muslim to tell me if it was okay for the Emir of ilorin to stop iya Osun from performing her God's given religion rite in Ilorin and sọun of Ogbomoso can't query a man he installed as an imam and who he spelled out that he will be required to take permission from the king before he goes on a journey and appoint a subject to stand in gap pending the time he returns.
And same man insurbodinatedly refused to follow due process.

Can any sane Muslim tell me why the emir can do the above and the Oba can't
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Expanse2020(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28
Padipadi:

Be like say craze dey ya head!
Did I hear you write pampers? You be gaynibal. 72 virgins no reach you? If you love homosexuality, go to ya fellow janjawēeds!
Now to the matter?
That king can't be that petty. From all diggings online, that Alfa and his family aren't on hood terms. Why?
Interpreters interpreted this matter that he isn't in good terms with his family.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmaQ5bLZ3gA?si=hlgCBt8Y9LfvgZ5n

Evidences boku internet that the Alfa has more to answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK_NQ5b7qS0?si=Yw2NGZliEeRpN4Go see this too.
Pampas
Mumu pa(d)SS
When they turn it to politics....mumu did you know how many Ayilara family that can contest for the position...
So na politics wet Dem de play between each other you want me to follow..
Pad work your brain
Abi women don use ur brain wipe menses
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Padipadi: 9:16pm On Jun 28
Expanse2020:

Pampas
Mumu pa(d)SS
When they turn it to politics....mumu did you know how many Ayilara family that can contest for the position...
So na politics wet Dem de play between each other you want me to follow..
Pad work your brain
Abi women don use ur brain wipe menses
To beat you balablue dey hungry me. You wey virgins don feed you used pads.
Now to the matter. The op is dragging the king into the matter. It no concern the king. The Imam is accused of different things. Especially from his family. He should mend fences. And if them remove him, it's not do or die!
If Una start religious war, una go see shege!
Especially you this Expanse2020 wey do head like janjawēed!

Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Luckysbab: 10:04pm On Jun 28
Christlike01:

Not only 'CAN head's,even if it is Pope,as long as he is living in a Yoruba town,the Pope is under the authority of the Oba of that town. He has to relocate to Rome if he can't subject himself to the authority of the Oba. Oba ki pe meji laafin;there can't be two Captains in a ship! The Oba is the only known Representative of the 'Alaales',the ancestral owners of the land/town. A typical Oba in Yoruba land is not a Muslim or Christian;he is a traditionalist!

Soun or any Oba has nothing to do with the itineraries of whatever 'CAN head' or Imam, the Obas are not jobless to be so concerned with such frivolity. The truth however remains that the 'CAN head' or chief Imam is under the authority of the Oba as long as they choose to live in his town. That is a simple fact;a tradition which supercedes any foreign religion- Christianity or Islam.

I'm a full-blooded royal,I won't tolerate any insubordination in my domain - be it from any Imam or 'CAN head'! The 'Alaales' will make the town so hot and unlivable for you that you won't know when you will relocate to Saudi Arabia or Rome, Italy.

Stop mixing up issues. The current palava is about the Imam going on pilgrimage "without permission from the Oba". Do the Christian heads need to take permission to travel to Rome or Jerusalem?
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Luckysbab: 10:06pm On Jun 28
madridguy:
Back up your claim with Quranic verse and stop saying jargons.

The one I quoted is what?

It seems I might be wasting my time on someone who doesn't know something as basic as the Qur'an and Sunnah being the two main sources of legislation in Islam.

Dey play with sand dey go, bro.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by madridguy(m): 4:32am On Jun 29
It is me that is wasting my time with someone like you. Since asking you for Quranic verse or chapter for your claim is now wasting of time, then you need to go back to madrasah.

Luckysbab:

The one I quoted is what?

It seems I might be wasting my time on someone who doesn't know something as basic as the Qur'an and Sunnah being the two main sources of legislation in Islam.

Dey play with sand dey go, bro.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Christlike01: 7:18am On Jun 29
Luckysbab:

Stop mixing up issues. The current palava is about the Imam going on pilgrimage "without permission from the Oba". Do the Christian heads need to take permission to travel to Rome or Jerusalem?

Nobody is mixing any issue here,man! I'm not even in support of the Oba of Ogbomoso as a person,I'm just stating the fact as it is. The position of 'chief Imam of Ogbomoso' or whatever is a complete alien one; it's unknown to the Yoruba culture. The mistake you and your ilks are making is that you think this has anything to do with religion;it isn't! It is purely historical issue that hinges very much around tradition. Who is 'Soun of Ogbomoso' ? He is the founder of Ogbomoso land. Who is 'chief Imam of Ogbomoso' ? A religious titleholder who has no historical relationship with the history of Ogbomoso!

I have told you earlier,the position of the Obas in Yoruba land goes beyond monitoring the itineraries of any chief Imam or 'christian heads'. Whatever issue Oba Ghandi and the Chief Imam of Ogbomoso has between them has to be settled amicably,but the point I'm driving home is that the Chief Imam is under the authority of the Oba as one of his subjects. Imam or 'christian heads',as you put it,has not historical claim on Ogbomoso land;they are both foreign tittles.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Banjoramos(m): 8:05am On Jun 29
This new Soun of ogbomosho should be careful before he will be thrown out of palace.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Banjoramos(m): 8:09am On Jun 29
Christlike01:

Nobody is mixing any issue here,man! I'm not even in support of the Oba of Ogbomoso as a person,I'm just stating the fact as it is. The position of 'chief Imam of Ogbomoso' or whatever is a complete alien one; it's unknown to the Yoruba culture. The mistake you and your ilks are making is that you think this has anything to do with religion;it isn't! It is purely historical issue that hinges very much around tradition. Who is 'Soun of Ogbomoso' ? He is the founder of Ogbomoso land. Who is 'chief Imam of Ogbomoso' ? A religious titleholder who has no historical relationship with the history of Ogbomoso!

I have told you earlier,the position of the Obas in Yoruba land goes beyond monitoring the itineraries of any chief Imam or 'christian heads'. Whatever issue Oba Ghandi and the Chief Imam of Ogbomoso has between them has to be settled amicably,but the point I'm driving home is that the Chief Imam is under the authority of the Oba as one of his subjects. Imam or 'christian heads',as you put it,has not historical claim on Ogbomoso land;they are both foreign tittles.

Point of correction imam is never under the authority of Oba, Only oba chiefs are under the authority of oba, are they sitting together in palace? 🤔
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Christlike01: 9:38am On Jun 29
Banjoramos:

Point of correction imam is never under the authority of Oba, Only oba chiefs are under the authority of oba, are they sitting together in palace? 🤔

Sheik Ramoni,you'll soon find out. This is Yoruba land,not an extension of Saudi Arabia.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Banjoramos(m): 9:57am On Jun 29
Christlike01:

Sheik Ramoni,you'll soon find out. This is Yoruba land,not an extension of Saudi Arabia.

Yes, this is yoruba land and you and Ghandi can do nothing
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Luckysbab: 10:25am On Jun 29
madridguy:
It is me that is wasting my time with someone like you. Since asking you for Quranic verse or chapter for your claim is now wasting of time, then you need to go back to madrasah.

Say, “Obey Allah and obey the messenger. But if you turn away, then on him (the messenger) lies (the responsibility of) what he is burdened with, and on you lies (the responsibility of) what you are burdened with. And if you obey him, you will get the right path. The duty of the Messenger is no more than to convey the message clearly.”

Surah An Nur, Qur'an 24:54
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Padipadi: 1:35pm On Jun 29
Banjoramos:

Yes, this is yoruba land and you and Ghandi can do nothing
Be like say you just like suffering to hell. You ll suffer more on this issue. Theatrer no concern that innocent king. The Imam should go and settle with his kins and muslims he has stepped on their toes.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Padipadi: 1:41pm On Jun 29
Luckysbab:

Has other Imam's been taking permissions before going to Hajj?
Banjoramos:

That's not the statusquo since creation of Ogbomosho. First Imam was installed by the king and his successors.
Also, this una janjawēed Imam had issues with his fellow muslims and his family. King don talk say make he go settle am. What else do you want?
You guys are setting up ya region for religious violence by ropping in the king. Many of you are illiterates that doesn't think well on matters but jump in with sentiments
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Expanse2020(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29
Padipadi:

To beat you balablue dey hungry me. You wey virgins don feed you used pads.
Now to the matter. The op is dragging the king into the matter. It no concern the king. The Imam is accused of different things. Especially from his family. He should mend fences. And if them remove him, it's not do or die!
If Una start religious war, una go see shege!
Especially you this Expanse2020 wey do head like janjawēed!
Pampers boi
You no sey ur king de do bias and imaam tell am the straight truth he need to hear so stop ranting ...🤣🤣🤣
Say na u want start religion war or fight......you horse inside the book.....
Women menses don block you brain...
Pad pad
Pampers
✌️
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by IamNat: 4:25pm On Jun 29
Luckysbab:

Does the head of CAN also seek these permissions from the Christian king?

Is the head of CAN called Chief Head of CAN of Ogbomoso, is it a title position that is designated for certain houses in the land?
The head of CAN do not need to seek any permission because he didn't sign any agreement to that effect with the king, also, the Imam need not seek permission from the king because he didn't sign any agreement to that effect, he only signed that he will notify the king before traveling and seek his consent before choosing a representative.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by IamNat: 4:34pm On Jun 29
Luckysbab:

A Christian Soun will not dictate Islamic doctrines to the Muslim community.

Or was the Muslim Soun dictating to the Christian community how they should run their faith?

The Christian faith is one that is very peaceful, we need not do anything to tamper with the authority of the king, thus, he does not need to dictate anything to us. On several occasions, the past Soun has however meddled in the affairs of the church, notably when there are rancours among the people and the Christians have never taken it to be a bad thing, Sòún is the head for everyone, there's nothing like Christian Sòún or Muslim Soun. Also, on several occasions, Sòún had in the past had to shift Egungun Festival or Oro Festival usually due to its clash with Ramadan fasting and yet, the traditionalist had never questioned Soun to be a Muslim and thus can not meddle in their matter.

So all this Christian Sòún you are saying, I don't understand what that means, Sòún is Soun and whenever a matter is seen to be one that will affect Ogbomosoland, he has the right to meddle into it.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by personal59: 5:25pm On Jun 29
1nigeriamyfoot:

Go n tell that rubbish to yahoo boy parading himself as Iwo king. His story was shared on nairaland last week about how your Muslim king was jailed & banished from USA.

GHANDI is a Christian & king over entire Ogbomosho including your mushroom imam Toliat

Hope you have seen your doctor because it seems you are on relapse
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Banjoramos(m): 6:09pm On Jun 29
Padipadi:

Has other Imam's been taking permissions before going to Hajj?

That's not the statusquo since creation of Ogbomosho. First Imam was installed by the king and his successors.
Also, this una janjawēed Imam had issues with his fellow muslims and his family. King don talk say make he go settle am. What else do you want?
You guys are setting up ya region for religious violence by ropping in the king. Many of you are illiterates that doesn't think well on matters but jump in with sentiments

King installed imam? Since you are from ogbomosho let me leave and your invented falsehood.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Padipadi: 7:15pm On Jun 29
Expanse2020:

Pampers boi
You no sey ur king de do bias and imaam tell am the straight truth he need to hear so stop ranting ...🤣🤣🤣
Say na u want start religion war or fight......you horse inside the book.....
Women menses don block you brain...
Pad pad
Pampers
✌️
Alright. You janjawēeds wan drag the king for matter wey no concern him wey he no know wetin the Imam and you take smoke. Imam family wey dey drag him are coming to drag you too.
Real pampas, eat menstrual pads.
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Expanse2020(m): 7:44pm On Jun 29
Padipadi:

Alright. You janjawēeds wan drag the king for matter wey no concern him wey he no know wetin the Imam and you take smoke. Imam family wey dey drag him are coming to drag you too.
Real pampas, eat menstrual pads.
Pampers
Pad
Pad
Menstra pad
Wiper kid🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Your useless king
Oba wey dé kneel for ordinary man like him
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Padipadi: 5:26am
Expanse2020:

I am a Pampers
Pad
Pad
Menstra pad
Wiper kid🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
My useless king
Oba wey dé kneel for ordinary man like him
Sorry. Dont get well soon.

Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by 1nigeriamyfoot: 7:08am
personal59:

Hope you have seen your doctor because it seems you are on relapse

Ask your father why he ran away from Aro
Re: Revisiting Monarch's influence on Imam selection in Yorubaland by Frenchkiss564: 12:28pm
[code][/code]
FaceTanke:
According to the adage you quoted, islam met tradition in Yorubaland... That should tell you that the king as the custodian of tradition has every right of precedence and can determine or query whatever happens in his domain and not the other way round... How can Alfa be baba oba, the oba that gave him permission and space to operate... you guys can usurp ehnnnn....

That Alfa ni baba oba quote is a reference to Abdul Salam the son of Alimi who became the first emir of Ilorin.

It is only in Ilorin that Alfa is the baba oba !!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Examining Muslims and Miracles / Exercises That Help Hold And Control Breath During Quran Recitation / Words Of Advice For Those That Share "Ultimatum Messages''

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.