Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,715 members, 7,892,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:15 PM

EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (16620 Views)

โ‚ฆ9.1Billion, 117 Years Imprisonment, Britain's 'biggest Ever' Cocaine Bust(pics) / EFCC Arrests 22 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta State / EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Father4all: 6:22am On Jun 28
Boys must chop. EFCC shame on you guys. You are all incompetents as long as Yahaya Bello is still not arrested
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Absuchat(m): 6:22am On Jun 28
SmartPolician:

EFCC is trying; the commission cannot have its finger in every pie. What is ICPC doing? People don't even know that the latter exists.
ICPC?
I doubt if they still exist yet Startimes does any how it wants
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Nwaokunkpara: 6:23am On Jun 28
Yahaya Bello is still a very free man making demands on where to try him

T.A orji and sons are still living large with Abia state people's money

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Teenaira: 6:24am On Jun 28
post=130692872:

Source: https://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-117-for-internet-fraud-in-lagos/

117 in one location at a time ? May be they are having a get together or initiating new batch. Anyway, we have to stop yahoo, it is destroying the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by SmartPolician: 6:26am On Jun 28
Absuchat:

ICPC?
I doubt if they still exist yet Startimes does any how it wants
ICPC is another commission established like the EFCC to fight corruption. Go through the link to learn more.

https://icpc.gov.ng/

And yes, the commission is still functional.
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Unperturbedpota: 6:28am On Jun 28
I support this wholeheartedly. These useless criminals are doing massive damage to our image internationally.

It's because of these animals we can't enjoy countless services internationally on the Internet.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by gabbasin(m): 6:29am On Jun 28
This will still not justify their modus operandi of banging into hotel rooms kicking and slapping lodgers who offer no resistance to arrest, EFCC should be more professional in their sting operation conduct and respect people's rights. At the end of the day we will like to see how many of these suspects being paraded are eventually convicted
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by cjudy(m): 6:35am On Jun 28
Even the Vigilante follow for the yahoo? The earlier the protest the better for Nigeria youth

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Lumig: 6:38am On Jun 28
If not for God and EFCC, I wonder what this society would have turned to
EFCC well done
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by onyxo76(m): 6:38am On Jun 28
All those laptop and phones you people seize wetin una dey take am do sef? I never hear from anybody that was arrested and later discovered to be innocent being given his possession back
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Emma09(m): 6:39am On Jun 28
Even set MOPOL dey among them? I doubt these arrest.
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by cunny88(m): 6:42am On Jun 28
TechCapon:
Careful how you lodge in hotels these days because these foolish people called EFCC will turn you into statistics. Even FBI have never arrested over 100 people in one operation but EFCC is constantly arresting 100 people everyday in the name of intelligence.

Imagine say na EFCC raid palazzo hotel in Dubai that night wey dem arrest Hushpuppi, we for hear say EFCC arrest 1500 fraudsters because they'll storm every room and pick up every male in that building. Real intelligence involves following the money trail and catching the perpetrators with hard concrete evidence that's why most arrests never end in convictions.

You hit the nail on its head.

Nigerian security operatives arrest first before investigations. Hushpuppi had been under FBI watch list months before his arrest without his knowledge, Invictus obi has travelled severally to the US not knowing he was under trail. Even Ekweremadu was in UK on his was to France unaware of the impending case.

Here we arrest every Tom dick and Harry, Naira exchange hands and every one is released.

Of the arrested persons, some might be robbers or kidnappers masquerading as yahoo boys, but lack of intelligence will let them of the hook.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by omooba05: 6:45am On Jun 28
No Yahaya No EFCC
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by pipnator00(m): 6:54am On Jun 28
Dear EFCC, this is exactly how it starts!
I mean the next #ENDSARS movement and it will surely start from your office.
The public is documenting your missteps so far,
from bursting hotels to clubs and arresting any young boy without evidence.
Your day of reckoning is nigh!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by TimiElvis69(m): 7:13am On Jun 28
#endefcc
It's a pandemic we must stop...
Their operations inflict justice only on harmless poor Nigerian youth's...
They themselves are harmless tooth dogs to the corrupt elites...
#unethicalppl #endefcc #endcorruption

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Snow2six(m): 7:22am On Jun 28
U e ignorant
oriedebe:
I hate scammers with passion. They are equal to armed robbers.
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Snow2six(m): 7:22am On Jun 28
U r ignorant
oriedebe:
I hate scammers with passion. They are equal to armed robbers.
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Snow2six(m): 7:29am On Jun 28
U are jealous bro..I can bet u hv asked one for money bf..bros leav ur life..so many fraudsters on suit,in government,in churches..y do u choose to hate on a particular set of ppl?
Chicagograduate:
Most hotels can close business without yahoo boys patronage.
This fraudsters buys wine and beer at premium rates because it is not their sweats.They lodge in the hotel for months and pay in advance.They take all kinds of hard drugs, invite different kinds of girls into their hotel rooms for sex and cause nuisance in the hotel.If they invite a new girl when they already have one in their room,they will book for another room and lodges the new runs babe there.This girl will be there for weeks eating expensive food, taking hard drugs and drinks at his expenses,thereby piling up bills.
The management put a deaf ear to all these because they are making money from this fraudsters.
But when their finance is exhausted they will start buying drinks on credit and still be retaining their rooms with unpaid bills.The management will grant their wish hoping they will pay back after their successful scam with free wifi.Security at the gate will be alerted incase the yahoo guest want to japa..If their bills piles up and they cannot pay, the hotel management will seize their laptops,cars clothes,shoes and phones and kick them out of their rooms.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by nedekid: 7:36am On Jun 28
That hotel staff beaten should get a lawyer. This is her opportunity to cash out.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Orinechi: 7:42am On Jun 28
AmiableMosquito:
That's why they were assaulting the female manager, right?

Bunch of federal miscreants. Cultists on government payroll
If she in any way enable the Yahoo business, she deserved the assaulted meted to her. Perhaps she tried frustrating the effort of the agents and when she realized that they were upset, she rushed to where there was CCT camera in case of any forceful reaction from the agents. We Nigerians only learn in a hard way.
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Ojuntana: 8:02am On Jun 28
I hope blacknp is not among oo grin grin
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by ogahshtu: 8:06am On Jun 28
Absuchat:
Why ignoring the major reason OBJ established it?

Imagine Nigerian's NIN sold for just 100 naira and no single arrest has been made yet.

Yahaya Bello is still a free man up till now

I'm still throwing ๐ŸŽฒ DICE about it.... shocked shocked
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Wuless82(m): 8:07am On Jun 28
post=130692872:

Source: https://punchng.com/efcc-arrests-117-for-internet-fraud-in-lagos/

oga EFCC, where is Yahaya Bello. you can't leave the main actor and be chasing shadow.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Komu1048(m): 8:07am On Jun 28
Brendaniel:

You are already justifying the action of the EFCC why they manhandled innocent citizens ( innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law) also violated their constitutional rights, here you are also passing judgment on them already that they are guilty just because you want to defend the government, you can't tell me everybody in the hotel is guilty to get arrested and paraded....

Besides such type of operation require search warrants or court order....

I knew when Tinubu will be sworn in as president we will be seeing this type of things happen more, I told my brothers last year that you will see EFCC raiding boys in hundreds not because they are fighting crime but because of:

1. The money they will make from the boys

2. To make it look as if they are working .

3. To divert attention from Tinubu's governance.

4. To make it look as if the youths are the problem of the country.

I told them that they might also see things like this from news headlines "Tinubu and his crusade against crime" where they will arrest over 500 boys in a single swoop.

The question to ask, is corruption reducing with this style? If the corruption is not reducing in Nigeria then they are using a wrong method.

Many of you guys have benefitted so much from fraud that, u now see fight against it as a life threatening thing. So, pls let efcc still maintain d small sanity till our generation leaves. Den u can turn the world upside down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by BigYash: 8:08am On Jun 28
Efcc tarnish Nigeriaโ€™s image pass yahoo yahoo boys..
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Komu1048(m): 8:10am On Jun 28
pipnator00:
Dear EFCC, this is exactly how it starts!
I mean the next #ENDSARS movement and it will surely start from your office.
The public is documenting your missteps so far,
from bursting hotels to clubs and arresting any young boy without evidence.
Your day of reckoning is nigh!

It won't work, roll off ur it sleeve n work. D only beneficiaries of endsar r d fraudsters
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by armadeo(m): 8:15am On Jun 28
117 Yahoo boys gather together for one hotel. Dem no get sense sha
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by TechCapon(m): 8:18am On Jun 28
cunny88:

You hit the nail on its head.

Nigerian security operatives arrest first before investigations. Hushpuppi had been under FBI watch list months before his arrest without his knowledge, Invictus obi has travelled severally to the US not knowing he was under trail. Even Ekweremadu was in UK on his was to France unaware of the impending case.

Here we arrest every Tom dick and Harry, Naira exchange hands and every one is released.

Of the arrested persons, some might be robbers or kidnappers masquerading as yahoo boys, but lack of intelligence will let them of the hook.
efcc is the most corrupt and inefficient agency. there's no way every single person they arrested in the hotel is there to do yahoo. they probable got wind that some guys that look like yahoo boys are there and they decided to arrest everyone hoping to catch them without any single investigation. try this in advanced countries and they'll bury that agency with lawsuits. before u know all those guys will be released after "bailing" themselves and you'll never hear about it again. Arrest and extort, thats their strategy

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by tnerro1(m): 8:20am On Jun 28
50% of people for Lagos na yahoo๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Brendaniel: 8:24am On Jun 28
Komu1048:

Many of you guys have benefitted so much from fraud that, u now see fight against it as a life threatening thing. So, pls let efcc still maintain d small sanity till our generation leaves. Den u can turn the world upside down

Look they are not fighting crime, if they were crime would have been reducing, most of these people arrested still go back and even recruit more, EFCC needs to change style, the question you should be asking is what is causing more youths to go into fraud?

Bad governance, is the EFCC fighting corruption?

I know people who were doing yahoo in Nigeria, they traveled out and stopped doing it, why?

They gave them jobs, normal 9-5 minimum wage pay unschooled laborers earn there and that was the end of yahoo for them...

I am not saying that it is total solution but it will solve a whole lot while the EFCC can do the remaining clean up for those who are stubborn...

Fight the root cause first before the clean up....

Not cleaning up before solving the root cause. They will keep cleaning, that is the truth...

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by leisuretym: 8:25am On Jun 28
All the way from Owerri to do yahoo in Lagos
Re: EFCC Arrests 117 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by StPete: 8:34am On Jun 28
Godfrey858:

So dem carry all the yahoo boiz
Leave the olosho dem

When did prostitution became legal in Nigeria
Omo this life no balance as far as you come in as
a man , your struggles don begin ๐Ÿ˜‚

But na u go still complain if them arrest olosho saying what concerns financial crime (which efcc stands for) with prostitution. Nigerians sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Government Re-arraigns Four Ex-sars Officers For Abuse Of Office / Ebubeagu Arrests Suspected Child Traffickers In Ebonyi (VIDEO) / Nigerian Couple Caught Having Sex In A Boutique (video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.