Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,896,997 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Was Not Detained Over Refusal To Meet Bribery Demand- Engr. El Nassar - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Was Not Detained Over Refusal To Meet Bribery Demand- Engr. El Nassar (55 Views)

Triplets Mother Arrested Over Refusal To Quit Begging / We Make The Toothpaste You Use- White Lady Attack Africans Over Refusal To Take / EMERGENCY DIGEST - Army General Detained Over $16m Found In Wife’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Not Detained Over Refusal To Meet Bribery Demand- Engr. El Nassar by Boblynagency: 7:08am On Jun 28
Few days ago, our attention was drawn to a story that was awash on multiple social media platforms concerning our company Triacta Nigeria Limited over the detention of our Project Manager, Nabil El Nassar by men of the “operation zenda” in Makurdi, the Benue State Capital. The reason for the detention according to the story was said to be as a result of refusal to meet bribery demand of the Governor’s associate and the Principal Special Assistant on mining.

Contrary to the claim of the writer, Engr. Nassar was not detained for the company’s failure to meet any bribery demand in any form. According to a statement made available to journalists on Thursday night by Ben Atsaga,
Pubic Relations Officer, Triacta Nigeria Limited noted that Engr. Nassar detention was premise on his resistance to allow seizure of his company trucks for defaulting mining tax. And the mining authorities lodged a complaint to the police over the altercation and it led to his arrest and detention.

“I want to clearly state that such allegations as contained in the media story did not emanate from me or any of the staff of the company. I was detained because I refuse to allow confiscation of the company trucks over an allegation of defaulting mining tax and nothing else to the best of my knowledge”, said Engr El Nassar.

Therefore the public should disregard the story as it is an attempt to smear the good relationship existing between the company and Benue State Government as the misunderstanding with the mining tax authority has been amicably settled.

(1) (Reply)

Power Poses By Talksbliss To Boost Your Confidence In Communication / Breaking Down Walls: The Living Room Interior Designer's Hidden Truth / Coming Up Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.