Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project (8459 Views)

$27bn Warri-Escravos Seaport Complex May Loose Out Due To FG Negligence / FG Secures Financial Partner For $27.9Bn Escravos Seaport Industrial Complex / Otti Flags Off Seaport Project And Abia Industrial And Innovation Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Themanleshey: 11:54am On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:
If this can be achieved ehnnn

Lagos is gone

And trust me Tinubu will do everything to frustrate existence of another seaport in Nigeria so he can be inflicting his greedy taxes

Chai 🤦‍♂️

Is there still hope of any deliverance for you ?

2 Likes

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:02pm On Jun 28
DevilsEqual:

Mad at a development that would decongest Lagos and by extension SW?? cheesy cheesy

Guy stop projecting your bitterness on others

Isnt this one of the reasons u wanna forcefully attach with the SS people, but then sef, we still care less. Na all of uan headache be that

Oh so you actually want Lagos to decongest I never knew this? First time am seeing something positive from a greedy urchin. Well done
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Daviddoma(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by RemoveKebab: 12:06pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

We kuku know say the congratulatory comment no from your mind

Because y’all know what damage another seaport will do to una almighty overhyped slum of Lagos

Decongestion and prices of properties both house land will fall drastically

Because an Igbo man will rather be traveling from Anambra to delta everyday to clear his goods than live in Lagos where he isn’t respected despite developing your slum state
Are you done?
Now crawl back to your hole.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Ulogwe1: 12:07pm On Jun 28
McDoe:

I am from Delta State, pls why all these divisive, ethnic laced sentiments?

Pls let's stop this ethnic and religious bias and sentiments. I think it will do all of so much good to live as one indivisible country

Did my comment portraits any iota of tribalism, ethnicity and religion?

I only commend the good work by Delta state Government.
So, how is that a form of being tribal or religious?
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by WhizdomXX(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28
Congratulations to all Deltans.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Konquest: 12:21pm On Jun 28
Morbeta11:

Okoja reiterated that the revalidation of the state’s pledge of 31,000 hectares of land in Gbaramatu Island/Omadino, Warri South-West Local Government Area of the state for the commencement of the project was a crucial step towards its realisation.

He said the project would run across eight ministries, including the Ministry of Solid Minerals, the Ministry of Works, the Ministry of Marine and Blue Economy, and the Ministry of Power.

https://punchng.com/delta-revalidates-27-2bn-escravos-seaport-project/
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by tnerro1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 28
Truth is we need more sea ports in the country, the more, the better as more jobs will be created. All these beautiful roads Wike is building in FCT does not add anything to the FCT economy. E just fine for eye and the people are hungry and jobless. He need to focus also on the human development side of the FCT. Creating more task force on the roads is not enough
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by sulaak(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

And trust me Tinubu will do everything to frustrate existence of another seaport in Nigeria so he can be inflicting his greedy taxes

What has Lagos got to do with the project?

The project will struggle if it is too large and ambitious and beyond the ability of Nigerian organisations. Lagos built the FTZ; the Dangote built the Dangote petroleum complex, and the Toleram built the Lagos deep sea port. All these projects were built over 15 years.

The Escravos Seaport Project will work if it prioritises the deep sea port and then attracts investment to build other facilities.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by wpadmin: 12:29pm On Jun 28
Haba now, don't revive it. Just leave it as it is. Nonsense.

After all these years.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by AareGaa: 12:32pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Biaflan monkey!
Why are you people always envious of Lagos?
Is it because every investor is avoiding your cursed region?
Don't blame Lagos for that

Go and make your cursed land liveable.

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by wpadmin: 12:32pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Nigeria is too big to have only one port. So ports in other regions of the country is welcome.

Lagos will not be gone juts that it's influence will reduce a bit.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by sulaak(m): 12:33pm On Jun 28
EDIB International of Hong Kong is asking for a 99-year lease?

https://guardian.ng/edib-agrees-to-finance-27-29-billion-escravos-seaport-project/
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by travelzcruix: 12:36pm On Jun 28
Nigerians and approval, if not greed and wickedness, why will a port that will generate jobs be delayed.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by sulaak(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28
wpadmin:

Nigeria is too big to have only one port. So ports in other regions of the country is welcome.

Lagos will not be gone juts that it's influence will reduce a bit.

When Nigeria's capital was moved to Abuja in 1989, did Lagos lose its value, or did its value diminish?

Lagos is more than a port or city. It is the epicentre of 22 million Nigerians and the gateway to the Southwest and Northwest.

A new port in Akwa Ibom, Escravos, Calaber, and PH will not diminish Lagos's relevance; it will boost Nigeria's GDP and economy and help Lagos become more productive and efficient.

BTW 90% of shipping into Lagos leaves empty because Nigeria imports and doesn't export.

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by AareGaa: 12:40pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

We kuku know say the congratulatory comment no from your mind

Because y’all know what damage another seaport will do to una almighty overhyped slum of Lagos

Decongestion and prices of properties both house land will fall drastically

Because an Igbo man will rather be traveling from Anambra to delta everyday to clear his goods than live in Lagos where he isn’t respected despite developing your slum state

Biafran monkey!
I understand your frustration

No one is investing in cursed Biafran land while investment worth billions of dollars are being sited in the South West.

Can you imagine that ubiquitous investors like Dangote and BUA avoid cursed Biafran land like a plague.

Chai , biafra the home of cannibalism

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Christistruth00: 12:41pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Even if you had a Sea Port at Onitsha

Ipob would be locking it down with sit at home every Monday
The rest of the week they would spend kidnapping and demanding Ransom from those using it

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by DeLaRue: 12:52pm On Jun 28
I think this is hot air.

No foreign company or group of companies anywhere in the world will invest $27 billion dollars in any single project in Nigeria, let alone a port in Warri.

$27 billion! Or do they mean $2.7 billion. The new port in Lekki cost less than $4 billion. Dangote 's unprecedented refinery costs less than $20 billion.

Onne which can't be that far from Warri is not even operating at full capacity. There' are also Lekki and Apapa ports.

Do people think investors won't look at the competition. They'lll just throw $27 billion into a project. Just like that.

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by DeLaRue: 1:07pm On Jun 28
On the issue of Lagos and whether people from the SW are against the citing of ports in other regions.

The deck of importance has been reversed. Ports now need Lagos more than Lagos needs them. The economy of Lagos doesn't in any way depend on whether a port is there or not.

UK's largest ports are located in relatively small towns. The presence of ports has not necessarily transformed the economy of those towns, nor has the absence of ports affected London, Manchester or Edinburgh.

Does Paris have or depend on a port. Madrid? Berlin? and so on.

Ships from around the world unload goods at your ports. Trucks from far away drive through your city pounding your roads and creating mayhem. They load their goods and leave your city.

Ok, may be truck drivers use hotels for a couple of days, buy meals here and there etc. Lagos gets PAYE tax for port employees and companies in that sector. All well and good, but does that mean Lagos economy will tank if the ports are moved elsewhere. Absolutely not.

It is the federal government that makes 90% of port-related revenue.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by SolomonGrandi: 1:14pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Yes, the same way Tinuhu frustrated it while president of Nigeria in 199-2007 and 2007-2023

I envy your wisdom

2 Likes

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Mrexcell(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Very true lagos economy can't survive without the current monopoly of ports they currently enjoys.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Jonjam269: 1:33pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

You and your generation is gone not Lagos, you've been saying this from time immemorial, but Lagos keeps moving forward while you and your losers keep wailing and grunting like pi.gs

2 Likes

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Jonjam269: 1:35pm On Jun 28
Funkyswagzz:
Agbado urchins will be very mad at this latest development
That's what IPOB terrorists and obirodent miscreants are known to do best!

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by lapintoz: 3:58pm On Jun 28
See this slow-pike....where are you getting $23 billion from........inside your ancestors grave.......? What are the expected returns on investment. Hong Kong is China extension, who have stopped foreign investments to Africa since covid19. Your empty skull won't figure the real problem but you must place the blame on your eternal nemesis.

AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by bizbro: 4:22pm On Jun 28
When the port is running, announce it! No be all this " we plan to", "we shall" , "we will" news. Nigeria sef.
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Truthsandtrusts: 4:57pm On Jun 28
AqualinaXYZ:

Lagos is gone

You are the one planning to frustrate it
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Onovo3: 5:24pm On Jun 28
DeLaRue:
I think this is hot air.

No foreign company or group of companies anywhere in the world will invest $27 billion dollars in any single project in Nigeria, let alone a port in Warri.

$27 billion! Or do they mean $2.7 billion. The new port in Lekki cost less than $4 billion. Dangote 's unprecedented refinery costs less than $20 billion.

Onne which can't be that far from Warri is not even operating at full capacity. There' are also Lekki and Apapa ports.

Do people think investors won't look at the competition. They'lll just throw $27 billion into a project. Just like that.

Is beyond a port. Warri is the headquarter of oil and gas in Nigeria. Its locations too strategic to be ignored. Recalled President GEJ was there in 2014 to commission the Gas City project worth $20bn. This project was abandoned by president Buhari. This was what would have created a lot of jobs for Nigerians. Bottom line is, you can't really neglect Warri. As its significance to Nigerian economy is so monumental
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by wpadmin: 6:02pm On Jun 28
sulaak:

When Nigeria's capital was moved to Abuja in 1989, did Lagos lose its value, or did its value diminish?

Lagos is more than a port or city. It is the epicentre of 22 million Nigerians and the gateway to the Southwest and Northwest.

A new port in Akwa Ibom, Escravos, Calaber, and PH will not diminish Lagos's relevance; it will boost Nigeria's GDP and economy and help Lagos become more productive and efficient.

BTW 90% of shipping into Lagos leaves empty because Nigeria imports and doesn't export.

True, Lagos has grown from being just a port city.

I just hope the State governments in the aforementioned states and the FG work together to create more Sea ports.

1 Like

Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by wpadmin: 6:05pm On Jun 28
DeLaRue:
I think this is hot air.

The only investor that can spend that kind of money without minding quick returns is the Nigerian government (if they want to)
Re: Delta Revalidates $27.2bn Escravos Seaport Project by Gkay1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 28
Can't wait to see this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Speech At The 66th Un General Assembly / Impeachment Panel: Al-makura’s Lawyers Write Nasarawa CJ / Governor Soludo Meets Anambra Manufacturers Ahead Of Economic/Investment Summit

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.