Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,791 members, 7,930,679 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:39 AM

How Do I Get Out Of This? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Get Out Of This? (302 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Out Of This? by Opanka44(m): 10:35am On Jun 28
Sometimes, I feel really discouraged with the happenings in our dear country. I try to understand why some people are so so Rich, while others are poorer than the church rat. I watched the money being splashed and sprayed at some occasions, and I wonder why some people can't even meet their essential needs. The disparity in wealth is just so much and intimidating/tormenting.

Now, here is the matter.
My house was sold in mid-April this year. Before it was sold out, I was paying 80k rent. Now that it has been sold out, the new landlord is asking for 120k. Right from the very first day I was introduced to him, he hasn't stopped pestering me with calls. We are only just three tenants in the entire building.
Nobody knew the house was going to be sold and there was never a prior notification of rent increment by the old landlord. Of the three tenants, I've been the only one showing concern and willingness to pay. There's a tenant who still has four months to the expiration of his rent, but the new landlord is asking him to pay the new rent. The second tenant's rent expired in February and mine expired just last month. But in all these, the new landlord isn't concerned about whether or not our rents have expired, all he wants is his New Rent. Personally, I have offered him half(60k) of the rent, but he refused and said he wants his money in full. All my pleas have fallen on deaf ears. He's threatening to throw me in two days time alongside other co-tenants.
I've become worried and depressed as a result of this. I don't know anybody in this new town, I don't have parents. No relatives who can help. I'm just alone in this world after managing to train myself in sch. I can't even face the embarrassment of been thrown out of a house with my belongings. If God can help nip this issue in the bud, I will forever be grateful and faithful to God and it would be the greatest miracle that has ever happened in my life.
I don't have a girlfriend, I don't drink, smoke, club or gamble. I'm just a private sch teacher. I couldn't save ahead due to the payment of my kid sister's tuition fees two months ago.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by RealityKings: 10:47am On Jun 28
Sometime you don't need to think about people's money. It took them alot of effort to attain that stage. TheStirling they just did not start having money in a day suddenly.

Also it won't help you to know my own rent will be due in July this month and I am not freaking out. If I can't meet up, God will still make a way but treu true everything get as e be

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Opanka44(m): 11:14am On Jun 28
RealityKings:
Sometime you don't need to think about people's money. It took them alot of effort to attain that stage. TheStirling they just did not start having money in a day suddenly.

Also it won't help you to know my own rent will be due in July this month and I am not freaking out. If I can't meet up, God will still make a way but treu true everything get as e be

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate. Let God make a way.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Obainoman6: 11:22am On Jun 28
Must you live in a 120k house? if you know you don't have money then move in to a face me i face you single room.
or sell off some of your properties and use it to pay.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Bornboy4: 2:10pm On Jun 28
Most of you will invest money on kpekus and forget you are going to save for your house rent.
Ask your girlfriend for a loan or get it from any of the loan Apps.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Mynd44: 6:28am On Jun 29
If you are paying rent on a yearly basis, your notice time is 6 months.

Tell the landlord to evict you and give you time to move else you will get him arrested for harrassment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by VinnyBaba: 6:34am On Jun 29
This one Mynd44 comment so, Today na him Birthday?
Or his Babe have said Yes to him. cheesy cheesy

To the Topic, The problem with this OP is WOMAN.☚ī¸

He is a Private school teacher but you see him opening threads such as
'My Girlfriend wants me to do MouthAction'
'My Girlfriend wants me to this and that'. undecided

Why will a Struggling Guy expend much time on Relationship? sad sad
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by press9jatv: 6:55am On Jun 29
Mynd44:
If you are paying rent on a yearly basis, your notice time is 6 months.

Tell the landlord to evict you and give you time to move else you will get him arrested for harrassment
you are very right oga mynd44

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Mandem05: 7:08am On Jun 29
Opanka44:
Sometimes, I feel really discouraged with the happenings in our dear country. I try to understand why some people are so so Rich, while others are poorer than the church rat. I watched the money being splashed and sprayed at some occasions, and I wonder why some people can't even meet their essential needs. The disparity in wealth is just so much and intimidating/tormenting.

Now, here is the matter.
My house was sold in mid-April this year. Before it was sold out, I was paying 80k rent. Now that it has been sold out, the new landlord is asking for 120k. Right from the very first day I was introduced to him, he hasn't stopped pestering me with calls. We are only just three tenants in the entire building.
Nobody knew the house was going to be sold and there was never a prior notification of rent increment by the old landlord. Of the three tenants, I've been the only one showing concern and willingness to pay. There's a tenant who still has four months to the expiration of his rent, but the new landlord is asking him to pay the new rent. The second tenant's rent expired in February and mine expired just last month. But in all these, the new landlord isn't concerned about whether or not our rents have expired, all he wants is his New Rent. Personally, I have offered him half(60k) of the rent, but he refused and said he wants his money in full. All my pleas have fallen on deaf ears. He's threatening to throw me in two days time alongside other co-tenants.
I've become worried and depressed as a result of this. I don't know anybody in this new town, I don't have parents. No relatives who can help. I'm just alone in this world after managing to train myself in sch. I can't even face the embarrassment of been thrown out of a house with my belongings. If God can help nip this issue in the bud, I will forever be grateful and faithful to God and it would be the greatest miracle that has ever happened in my life.
I don't have a girlfriend, I don't drink, smoke, club or gamble. I'm just a private sch teacher. I couldn't save ahead due to the payment of my kid sister's tuition fees two months ago.
What's your location?
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Mandem05: 7:10am On Jun 29
press9jatv:
you are very right oga mynd44

However right Oga Mynd44 may be, di landlord go do wetin him wan do and OP would already suffer the consequences if the landlord carries out his threat of eviction.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by Mandem05: 7:11am On Jun 29
VinnyBaba:

This one Mynd44 comment so, Today na him Birthday?
Or his Babe have said Yes to him. cheesy cheesy

To the Topic, The problem with this OP is WOMAN.☚ī¸

He is a Private school teacher but you see him opening threads such as
'My Girlfriend wants me to do MouthAction'
'My Girlfriend wants me to this and that'. undecided

Why will a Struggling Guy expend much time on Relationship? sad sad

OP I think say you nor get girlfriend 🤔🤔

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by press9jatv: 7:41am On Jun 29
Mandem05:

However right Oga Mynd44 may be, di landlord go do wetin him wan do and OP would already suffer the consequences if the landlord carries out his threat of eviction.
yes soo.
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by owolabi5: 8:32am On Jun 29
angry
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by MisterBanny(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29
Mandem05:

What's your location?

If only I have the means, these are issues I like to solve for people. I pray help locates him if you're able to find his location and have the means to help.

Life is cruel to the havenots
Re: How Do I Get Out Of This? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:15pm On Aug 01
Opanka44:

Now, here is the matter.

ALL YOU NL FRAUDSTERS WITH VARIOUS PROFILES AND YEYE BEGGING STORIES...WILL NEVER KNOW PEACE!!! OLODO!!! in june, you needed 120k for your rent, now its blackboards for school, BWAAAAAAAAh!
aint you the same one below with all the various profiles (with exact same bank account) and various yeye stories for begging? :

Opanka44:
Good afternoon brothers and sisters, pls i want to beg anyone here in Allah's name to pls help me with something to use in buying foodstuffs to cook and eat. Haven't eaten for three days now.
813-150-5075 Opay
God bless you
Jimmur:
Pls who will now gift me something to feed on. The hunger has caused me depression, anxiety and total sadness. I'm in despair. Someone pls help me. Nothing is too small. God bless the giver.
813-150-5075 OPAY
🙏🙏🙏
MisterBanny:

81-3-15-0-5-075 OPAY.
It will help in no small measure sir. I'll buy a Mudu of white beans, buy sweet potatoes and refill my gas. Haven't eaten today. God bless and increase you in all you do sir. Amen

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite & Sandfilling / To Let Newly Build 3brm Flat At Ogudu 1.5m 1.2m, Duplex 2m 2.5m Cal / To Let Newly Build 3brm Flat At Ogudu 1.5m 1.2m, Duplex 2m 2.5m Cal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.