Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,072 members, 7,896,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 04:22 PM

Happy Jumaat: "Beautiful Nonsense" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Jumaat: "Beautiful Nonsense" (83 Views)

If You Say Nonsense About Me, I'll Take Your Picture To My Altar - Odumeje / Money Is Nonsense - Bishop David Oyedepo / A Killer Marriage Is A Nonsense Marriage - Paul Enenche (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Jumaat: "Beautiful Nonsense" by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:53am On Jun 28
Assalaam Alaekum wa Rrahmatullah wa Barakatuh

"Beautiful Nonsense*
--------------------------------

Beautiful Nonsense - is something which looks good, something which taste sweet, something which is heart-desiring but having outcomes which is injurious and destructive.

Undoubtedly, Backbitting, Gossipping & Tele-carrying others is one of the ways and manners majority of muslims today unknowingly push the rewards of their good deeds into the dust-bin. What a Beautiful Nonsense?

👉🏼 Read through the qoutations below:

(1) "The faith of a man cannot be straight unless his heart becomes straight and his heart cannot be straight unless his tongue becomes straight". 📚(Ahmad)

(2) "Wise is the one who continually assesses himself and performs good deeds for the life after death. Foolish is the one who follows his desires and entertains very high hopes from Allah". 📚 (Timidhi).

(3) “The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.” 📚 (Hassan al-Basri)

My People!

If we backbite, slander or insult people,, Allah (swt) may never forgive that except if the person we offend forgives us here on earth,, if not, it is our good deeds we will use to settle all the people we gossip & backbite on the judgement day.

What is Backbiting & Slandering❓

👉 Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Do you know what backbiting is?” They said, “Allah and his messenger knows best.” The Prophet said, *“To discuss your brother or sister in his/her absence in a way he/she dislikes if heard.”* It was said, “What do you think if what I said about him/her is true?” The Prophet said, “If what you say about him/her is true, it is *backbiting*.. And If it is not true, it is *slander* .” 📚Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2589

Now,

Today, many muslims don't filter imformation about others before broadcasting. Yes and we see people mindlessly backbitting & slandering their FELLOW muslims with expressions like: ~ "see his shoe like harmmer❗She does not have more than 2 hijjab❗Her husband sent her to her fathers' house last week❗He made money over-night and nobody knows how he made it❗She came to borrow cassava powder from me to cook for her children because her husband is broke❗His wife has moved out of his house❗She asked for extra food when she attend my sisters' wedding❗i'm the one whom he used to beg everyday before he feed his family, my neighbour begged me money today,, i just gave my friend this & that because her husband is broke.. Habbah why all these❓

And... Even listening to backbitting is also a sin😳. Yes.

*Prohibition of Listening to Backbiting:*

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"And when they hear Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk) they withdraw from it.'' 📚(Q28:55)

The Prophet (pbuh) said: “The listener is one of the two backbiters.”

To end this,

👉 Imam Ahmad (ra) recorded that Bilal bin Al-Harith Al-Muzani said, "The Messenger of Allah said:

Verily, a man might utter a word that pleases Allah the Exalted, unaware of how highly it will be regarded and on its account Allah the Exalted and Most Honored decrees His pleasure of him until the Day he meets Him.

A man might indeed utter a word that displeases Allah the Exalted, unaware of how dreadful it will be and on its account Allah the Exalted decrees for him His wrath until the Day he meets Him."

Alqamah used to say: 👉 "How many words did I not utter because of the Hadith that Bilal bin Al-Harith narrated." *Reference* 📚At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah collected this Hadith. At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih

Therefore,

Avoid BURNING your good deeds by gossipping & backbitting others or even listening to it. A word is ENOUGH for the wise!

Happy Jumaat, Happy Weekend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did Daniel Prophesy The End Times Transhumanism Of Humans And Machines? / Herbalist And Spiritual Help.. / Islamic New Year: Sultan Of Sokoto Annouces Date For 1st Day Of Muharram 1446AH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.