Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:41 AM

My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden (1694 Views)

2020 US Presidential Election Results Live Updates: Minutes By Minutes Updates / US Presidential Election 2020 (Live Updates) / President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:43pm On Jun 28
RESPECT FOR BIDEN,AT HIS VERY OLD AGE THE GUY IS STEAL HIGHLY CEREBRAL AND WISE angry
Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:46pm On Jun 28
PARADIZEPRIEST:
RESPECT FOR BIDEN,AT HIS VERY OLD AGE THE GUY IS STEAL HIGHLY CEREBRAL AND WISE angry
Trump is always aggressive, he keeps spoiling for conflagrations, his too quick to make enemies, that is why the enemies of america cultures covid19 to remove him angry
Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by keymatt(m): 5:56pm On Jun 28
givedemwotowoto:
Despite A Poor Performance, Biden Won The Debate!

I have to admit that Biden didn’t perform as expected. He focused more on fact checking Trump than putting forward his plan after reelection

Also, his struggle with composure affected his performance. His biggest miss was the final speech where he could’ve just forgotten about Trump for a second and appealed to voters directly

Despite this poor performance, he still won the debate

Why? Trump’s Lies were a big turnoff, plus he refused to condemn Jan 6 and promise that it won’t happen again.

All he could’ve said was something along the lines of “Jan 6 was intended to be a rally but it unfortunately got out of hand. I admit I could’ve done better but that will never happen again under my watch”. Big miss in my opinion!

Americans want you to take responsibility for your actions. He did not attract independents by avoiding to take responsibility. It means he’ll do it again if the situation arises again.

Now back to the lies. When you’re in an American debate, avoid using phrases like “he did a very bad job bla bla bla”. Be specific about how you arrived at that conclusion. For instance, Biden was specific when he mentioned the 159 scholars or so voting Trump as the worst president in American history. Trump was calling Biden the worst president, what was his source? He can only appeal to his base with such blanket statements

A lot of Americans are well educated so they don’t buy into “source: trust me” kind of statements.

One more thing. Even with communication challenges, you could see his intellectual capacity was intact. He knew his numbers, but messed up on delivery

My Verdict: Biden Won, regardless.
A review from Tinubu Urchiin.
Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by givedemwotowoto: 6:58pm On Jun 28
LandMann:

You're a conflicted hypocrite.

In Nigeria you oppose Tinubu and his supporters. Here you support Biden, a senile octogenarian who is partly responsible for the death of millions of people around the world; death of Russians and Ukrainians, Iranians, Pakistanis, etc; destruction of third world economies and countries through global dollarisation pursuit etc....

Tell me why your "Baterians" tomorrow won't quote this your post tomorrow as excuse for their choice of voting a BAT in 2023.

Shame on you

What part of my post said I support Biden? I don’t really like him but I’ll take him over Trump.

80 million Americans voted for Biden in 2020 not because they like him, but because they voted against Trump.

The Republican Party should know better than bring out a candidate like Trump to come back and heat up the American polity.

Trump emboldens racist movements and white supremacists. That is worse than having Biden in office

Many people didn’t catch this, but Trump said during the debate that “immigrants were taking black jobs”. So black jobs are farming and menial jobs? Because that’s mostly what immigrants do. Is that what he thinks blacks should be doing? If you don’t understand racism just keep quiet when people who do are talking.

Trump tried to overthrow a government. He tried to pressure state officials to rig election for him. He's a threat to American democracy.

As for Tinubu, mentioning him here is an insult to democracy. I hate election riggers, state resource usurpers, tribal bigots and those who aid and abate them. Even with his abysmal performance, you had the guts to mention him here.

Foolish Baterian!
Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by press9jatv: 7:56pm On Jun 28
Trump won simple

1 Like

Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by givedemwotowoto: 8:05pm On Jun 28
press9jatv:
Trump won simple

Give me more context to this. By what measures according what he said at the debate did you rate his performance?
Re: My Take On The US Presidential Debate Between Trump And Biden by LandMann: 8:27pm On Jun 28
givedemwotowoto:

What part of my post said I support Biden? I don’t really like him but I’ll take him over Trump.

80 million Americans voted for Biden in 2020 not because they like him, but because they voted against Trump.

The Republican Party should know better than bring out a candidate like Trump to come back and heat up the American polity.

Trump emboldens racist movements and white supremacists. That is worse than having Biden in office

Many people didn’t catch this, but Trump said during the debate that “immigrants were taking black jobs”. So black jobs are farming and menial jobs? Because that’s mostly what immigrants do. Is that what he thinks blacks should be doing? If you don’t understand racism just keep quiet when people who do are talking.

Trump tried to overthrow a government. He tried to pressure state officials to rig election for him. He's a threat to American democracy.

As for Tinubu, mentioning him here is an insult to democracy. I hate election riggers, state resource usurpers, tribal bigots and those who aid and abate them. Even with his abysmal performance, you had the guts to mention him here.

Foolish Baterian!

Unfortunately for you, people like Biden and the corrupt capitalist american democrats love to sponsor people like Tinubu to head African countries so that those countries can remain shitholes

With Biden in power, and with you supporting Biden, Nigeria can never develop and people like Tinubu will always get a chance to grab power and misuse it.

It is why I called you a conflicted and hypocritical soul.

If Trumps racism is what will keep dumb and foolish African leaders on their toes then the likes of Trump should rule America for the next 100 years.

It is not coincidence that the administration of Biden and democrats in US saw the biggest retrogression of Nigeria as a state and as an economy.

You can't claim to love Nigeria and then keep praying for old demented and war sponsoring leaders to rule America.

The effect will be felt by your backward third country for years

(1) (2) (Reply)

How ‘israel’ Ethnically Cleansed Palestine / What If?: Earth Quake In Nigeria / Stop It B! Pay Your Fuc***g Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.