Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,640 members, 7,921,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:27 AM

What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? (627 Views)

This Stupid Mentality In Ceremonies. / Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Born2winnx: 11:23am On Jun 28
Seriously, why is the whole world trying to make things difficult for the common man, especially in Nigeria as a whole? While I am among those who believe that if you're not invited, don't go, and if not told, don't ask kinda personality, I still find it amusing that more systems and ways are being introduced into our society, Africa culture on a daily basis just to ridicule the common man. Which is not our heritage and no one is really saying anything about it. A man had his daughter wedded in our church a few weeks ago, and it was all by invitation only.. Church..o bros... The pastor who announced it said that without the piece of the envelope that would be shared later after the church service, no one would be allowed into the hall for the reception. And they was also a dress code you must buy and wear on that day for those who wished to be in a better sit at the ceremony with premium treatment I guess....Till today, I didn't receive any. Until I heard that the invites they brought were not up to 100, despite the multitude of the congregations, and they shared them among themselves, people that matters more in the church.. A friend who went came and gisted me about how the hall was filled with multitude well wishers all elites From different clubs, association, brides and grooms, That they that went from the church was just sitting there looking like lukozade with excessive dishes and food different kinds that might later end up in the refuse dump. yet they couldn't allow a common man to come participate freely.
I really feel this is wrong and it's not our culture. its a new thing this event planners are trying to introduce even in burial ceremonies. This really needs to be stopped, because once everyone jumps on this thread it won't be funny at all.

Nlfpmod take me to front page

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by immortalcrown(m): 11:26am On Jun 28
There is nothing wrong with it.

Not everyone can afford to host the whole world. The number of guests you can feed and the capacity of your venue are some of the valid reasons to use the system of invites only. Imagine budgeting for 50 guests but 150 guests show up and you cannot perform any magic to entertain more than 50 out of the 150.

If you can afford to host everyone in your area, go without the system of invites only.

The system of invites only helps to reduce or prevent the presence of misrepresenters at events. Misrepresenters include notorious guests. With the system of invites only, you can avoid those who will fight or steal cars at your party.

If you don't care about how the happenings at your party can affect your reputation, do without the system of invites only. But if you think that certain misconducts at your party can affect your reputation, you have every right to go with the system of invites only.

6 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Zonefree(m): 11:27am On Jun 28
No need for long epistle. On your own day, don't invite them.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by brain54(m): 11:32am On Jun 28
It's not by force to go for people's parties...

They probably have a budget they plan on spending on their party. So they can't possibly invite all and sundry.

Think of the logistics for that alone to let every Tom, Dick and Harry in.

Every society has a class system... And eventually, each class will also do their events and parties and invite themselves.

How many people can you invite and cater for at a party...?

Some questions are quite basic and unnecessary.

Some things are just common sense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by KiNg0G: 11:33am On Jun 28
Born2winnx:
Seriously, why is the whole world trying to make things difficult for the common man, especially in Nigeria as a whole? While I am among those who believe that if you're not invited, don't go, and if not told, don't ask kinda personality, I still find it amusing that more systems and ways are being introduced into our society, Africa culture on a daily basis just to ridicule the common man. Which is not our heritage and no one is really saying anything about it. A man had his daughter wedded in our church a few weeks ago, and it was all by invitation only.. Church..o bros... The pastor who announced it said that without the piece of the envelope that would be shared later after the church service, no one would be allowed into the hall for the reception. And they was also a dress code you must buy and wear on that day for those who wished to be in a better sit at the ceremony with premium treatment I guess..Till today, I didn't receive any. Until I heard that the invites they brought were not up to 100, despite the multitude of the congregations, and they shared them among themselves, the elite.. people that matters more in the church.. A friend who went came and gisted me about how the hall was filled with multitude well wishers all elites From different clubs, association, brides and grooms, That they that went from the church was just looking like lukozade with excessive dishes and food, yet they couldn't allow a common man to come participate freely.
I really feel this is wrong and it's not our culture. its a new thing this event planners are trying to introduce that needs to be stopped, because once everyone jumps on this thread it won't be funny at all.

Nice write up, it only takes someone with good iq to understand what this is doing africa culture.

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Deprincess4321(f): 11:34am On Jun 28
Exactly ur very right,,nigeria is turning to YOUR NOT MY TYPE COUNTRY whch itz nt to b so,,datz discrimination,cuz by doing dat,,,d want u to knw dat it must only b d rich,classy,important,well to do,and vips dat r needed d,,my dear,,na y to even go church d tire me,cuz all dis discrimination n one seeing self as very important than another person starts frm d church,am saying out of experience,,,datz y i jst like staying on my own,i no force myslf on anybdy,anythng. i dnt even go to uninvited events sef,i respec my boundry
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by KiNg0G: 11:34am On Jun 28
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:40am On Jun 28
Can't believe someone actually created a thread to condemn weddings that are strictly by invitation, people shouldn't do what they want and invite who they want because? In this Nigerian economy? Very funny Op.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Born2winnx: 11:42am On Jun 28
Biglittlelois:
Can't believe someone actually created a thread to condemn weddings that are strictly by invitation, people shouldn't do what they want and invite who they want because? In this Nigerian economy? Very funny Op.
I didn't condemn anything. I Just aired an opinion.
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:44am On Jun 28
Born2winnx:

I didn't condemn anything. I Just aired an opinion.

Really? Your epistle is not condemnation and complaints? Okay

2 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Born2winnx: 11:46am On Jun 28
Biglittlelois:

Really? Your epistle is not condemnation and complaints? Okay
Your shallow minded dear. Bye
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Mogadishuu: 12:48pm On Jun 28
If you are not invited, stay in your house.
No room for jealousy, Its not a must to go where you are uninvited

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:15pm On Jun 28
Born2winnx:

Lol

2 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by OkukoIgbo: 1:47pm On Jun 28
Born2winnx:
Seriously, why is the whole world trying to make things difficult for the common man, especially in Nigeria as a whole? While I am among those who believe that if you're not invited, don't go, and if not told, don't ask kinda personality, I still find it amusing that more systems and ways are being introduced into our society, Africa culture on a daily basis just to ridicule the common man. Which is not our heritage and no one is really saying anything about it. A man had his daughter wedded in our church a few weeks ago, and it was all by invitation only.. Church..o bros... The pastor who announced it said that without the piece of the envelope that would be shared later after the church service, no one would be allowed into the hall for the reception. And they was also a dress code you must buy and wear on that day for those who wished to be in a better sit at the ceremony with premium treatment I guess....Till today, I didn't receive any. Until I heard that the invites they brought were not up to 100, despite the multitude of the congregations, and they shared them among themselves, people that matters more in the church.. A friend who went came and gisted me about how the hall was filled with multitude well wishers all elites From different clubs, association, brides and grooms, That they that went from the church was just sitting there looking like lukozade with excessive dishes and food different kinds that might later end up in the refuse dump. yet they couldn't allow a common man to come participate freely.
I really feel this is wrong and it's not our culture. its a new thing this event planners are trying to introduce even in burial ceremonies. This really needs to be stopped, because once everyone jumps on this thread it won't be funny at all.

Eat in your house sir, no one was born to feed you sir.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Born2winnx: 1:51pm On Jun 28
OkukoIgbo:

Eat in your house sir, no one was born to feed you sir.
I have fed people like you here on nairaland over the years... ask around.
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by copyrites: 1:57pm On Jun 28
An evidence that rich people manage money better. They know too well never to throw open their invitation, unlike the poor man who wants to impress and make a statement.

If the rich elite family in your church could be wise enough to share only 100 invitations among a large congregation, why should you an averagely struggling bachelor even invite more than 10 people to your wedding?

Think about it.

The fact that you were raised with certain customs and traditions do not make them absolutely right. Many aspects of your culture are plainly useless and senseless. Part of the reasons you went to school is to learn the act of critical reasoning. Don't die pleasing people because of your useless communal owambe culture that has kept many families in perpetual debt and poverty.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by OkukoIgbo: 2:20pm On Jun 28
Born2winnx:

OK. You are right.
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by StillDtruth: 2:29pm On Jun 28
Born2winnx:

Don't mind them.

Yet they wonder why wickedness and evil is on the increase.

Finally all the curses that the white people had has fully circulated and destroyed our African life.

Next one is uncaring children and elderly home and people neighbours cutlassing neighbours over parking space.
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by faithfull18(f): 9:40pm On Jun 28
Nothing wrong with 'strictly by invitation', it's done mostly to restrict the number of people to the number the host can adequately plan for and take care of. Not everyone wants the whole of Nigeria at their event even if they can afford it.

Same humans will come to complain and gossip they went to Mr. A's event and they didn't get food why not invite the number you can feed🤷🏽‍♀️

Humans are insatiable.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Sapasenator: 9:50pm On Jun 28
The whole purpose and essence of a culture is to serve the people. Nothing more or less.
A culture that is becoming a liability needs to be updated.

OP can invite the whole Nigeria during is wedding.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by 1Sharon(f): 4:14am On Jun 29
Someone's hungry grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Duchexx: 11:40am On Jun 30
Born2winnx:

You’re the shallow minded person here. Longer throat.
Why will you create a thread just to condemn how anyone chooses to throw a party? Especially when there are people like you that would go there just to judge if there was excess food or not. If there were elites or not. Live and let live! When e reach your turn to throw party invite everybody in Nigeria. Ozuor!

3 Likes

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by RealityKings(f): 11:41am On Jun 30
Duchexx:

You’re the shallow minded person here. Longer throat.
Why will you create a thread just to condemn how anyone chooses to throw a party? Especially when there are people like you that would go there just to judge if there was excess food or not. If there were elites or not. Live and let live! When e reach your turn to throw party invite everybody in Nigeria. Ozuor!

Bros rest abeg
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by RealityKings(f): 11:42am On Jun 30
Born2winnx:

That's true
Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Duchexx: 11:47am On Jun 30
Born2winnx:

President. General among the nation.
President General among the nation.
We salute you. 🫡 🎶

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Duchexx: 11:48am On Jun 30
RealityKings:

Bros rest abeg

You this beggar😂🤣 have you finished feeling depressed? Longer throat. Strictly by invitation wedding dey pain you. Hungry goat😂

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by pek(m): 2:21pm On Jun 30
Much ado about nothing. I don't see the problem here. If you are not invited for an occasion, don't go. It is as simple as that. Every wedding event has maximum number of invites and that's plus food. Just yesterday, I went to a wedding where almost half of the people didn't eat. That's after my wife bought asoebi of 25K and I gave the bride's mother 10k It would have been better if it was strictly on invitation. So, no problem not make it free for all.

1 Like

Re: What's Your View on Ceremonies with Invites Only? by Sapasenator: 4:39pm On Jun 30
copyrites:
An evidence that rich people manage money better. They know too well never to throw open their invitation, unlike the poor man who wants to impress and make a statement.

If the rich elite family in your church could be wise enough to share only 100 invitations among a large congregation, why should you an averagely struggling bachelor even invite more than 10 people to your wedding?

Think about it.

The fact that you were raised with certain customs and traditions do not make them absolutely right. Many aspects of your culture are plainly useless and senseless. Part of the reasons you went to school is to learn the act of critical reasoning. Don't die pleasing people because of your useless communal owambe culture that has kept many families in perpetual debt and poverty.

That is why they are rich in the first place, better decision making and money management skills, for the average poor person, it is all about their emotions like the op. He is butt hurt because he was not invited to partake in a free rice and the next thing is to open a thread to complain about cultures and traditions.

When things don't go their ways, they suddenly become the custodian and advocate of African cultures.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Matured Mind / Building The Future Of Your Children / Help On "home Laundry"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.