Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:24 PM

Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits (43671 Views)

Top5 Wrist Watches Expensive Than Any Car / World's Most Expensive Bras And Handbag Fot ₦4.88Billion, ₦1.3Billion (Photos) / Online Shopping Of Clothes, Shoes, Watches Fashion Accessories Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Thazard(m): 8:59am On Jun 29
ruggedtimi:
No 1 is the brand..e.g Rolex, Jacob & co,Patek, AP and RM etc

No 2 The watches are mostly crafted by the best horologist in switzerland

No 3 the watches are made of expensive materials like Gold, platinum, diamond, Sapphire and resin.

No 4 The watches can last longer for years, some for eternity.
No 5 in the u.s you can pawn those watches and still recover atleast half or more of the initial price, so is an investment too.

Na nigeria wey watch dey affordable for as low as 3k. Most are fakes and of low quality.

The average price for a good authentic male watch starts from $50....which is affordable watches like swatch, Casio, Seiko, edifice casio, citizens etc.
But those luxury watches like Omega/rolex from $10k.. up.
sad shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 10:16am On Jun 29
blowjohn:

Show us ur watch.
Broke guy

You are still not able to define "broke guy".

Can you pls define "u nor get money"?

Is there any person that does not have money?

How does an expensive watch tell the time differently from an in expensive watch?

How will it be like dejavu?

Is the purpose of wrist watch dejavu?

What do you mean by "have the money"?

Which money is that?

Why should I have expensive watch?

Do you have an expensive watch?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:20am On Jun 29
Adunn1ade:

A cheap watch tells you time, but an expensive watch tells people your time is valuable.

I think there's sense in ur quote
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 10:29am On Jun 29
lexy2014:

You are still not able to define "broke guy".

How does an expensive watch tell the time differently from an in expensive watch?

Which money is that?

Show us ur watch. Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 10:59am On Jun 29
blowjohn:

Show us ur watch. Broke guy

You still not able to define "broke guy".

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 12:07pm On Jun 29
lexy2014:

You still not able to define "broke guy".

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by ugbanante: 12:09pm On Jun 29
Why are some cars called toys and some called machines?
Find out y and that answer apply to wrist watches too
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Slimwhyt(m): 1:00pm On Jun 29
dauntless15:
Vain human adornment nothing more, even if I rich pass Elon musk tomorrow I won't buy all this thier patek and choppard or whatever, I'm obsessed with tech so I'd rather buy smart watches with cool technologies that can actually help my life besides telling time, luxury is good but some kind luxury purchase na stupidity, why would I choose an analog clock over something smart I can interact with? Because it has diamond? Na only time e dey tell, I can buy expensive cars and houses but watch is pointless.

God bless you.
Na same way we dey reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 1:26pm On Jun 29
blowjohn:

Broke guy

Are you saying you don't know the meaning of "broke guy"?

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29
lexy2014:

Are you saying you don't know the meaning of "broke guy"?

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Jun 29
blowjohn:

Broke guy

What does "broke guy" mean?

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by superCleanworks(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29
Ballzproblemm:

Richard mille is my favorite luxury watch.

I think I still prefer FRANCK MULLER
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 3:30pm On Jun 29
lexy2014:

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by 735i(m): 3:38pm On Jun 29
ThothHermes:
There's nothing to reflect on. It's packaging and a masterful appeal to intrinsic human vanity.

If it's mere packaging, go and buy those ones abokis sell for N9k, package it and sell it for whatever amount you desire.

Let's see if it'd last as long as an entry level luxury timepiece
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by ThothHermes: 3:45pm On Jun 29
735i:

If it's mere packaging, go and buy those ones abokis sell for N9k, package it and sell it for whatever amount you desire.

Let's see if it'd last as long as an entry level luxury timepiece
SMH
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 4:58pm On Jun 29
blowjohn:

Broke guy

Is it like you can't define "broke guy"?

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 8:28pm On Jun 29
lexy2014:

Is it like you can't define "broke guy"?

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29
Funny enough those above listed wristwatches are not meant for poor strictly for rich & super rich... Do u see poor man listed above those that rock those expensive wristwatches? Work hard & pray u get to. That level u will understand....

Just like comparing an EOD to an Rolls-Royce may God bless our hassle am a lover of wristwatchs most expecially pantek Philip... I rock on tho.
Lance008:
Oboy u funny
Why is diamond more expensive than silver ?
The makes are diff also the durability are diff
Some watch fit last for more than 50years Na why dem Dey very expensive

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by fineberry(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29
In one interview I saw, Maywhether was ask how much does his most expensive wrists watch cost.....guess...guess na $18m USD.
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Banbanna(m): 11:34pm On Jun 29
Winnin009:

You’re like someone born blind and has gotten used to life without eyes. Such person will always wonder what’s so special about eyes; I mean they can do most to all the things others can do.

You’re no different. Get the eyes first and then you can determine if it’s overrated or whatever. Not from your position of want; you think you understand why rich people make their decisions.

Funny guy.

If you even knew really rich people personally; you won’t have this opinion about purchases.

Over sabi guy, man wey sabi rich people well done o! .... So buying something far way beyond its functional use and mere aesthetics isn't Vanity? You're clearly the one too blind to know it's meaning. Vanity comes with excessive or ostentatious pride in something that is totally not of modest worth or value.
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 8:40am
blowjohn:

Broke guy

Pls define "broke guy"?

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Offpoint1: 8:42am
Eriggadune:
They are called classic watch and can be passed down to generations. Imagine you getting one expensive watch with limited edition and then passing it down to your grandson. How valuable it’ll be at that moment. It’s more or less like an investment.
Edited* imagrg it’s not always about pride, sometimes it has to do with values.
The lies those feed to money miss road rich folks to eat from their money.

Selling a product whose cost of production is N10, 1k it's devilish act.
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by Offpoint1: 8:47am
DeepSight:

There's that, but there's also the matter of brand. If Patek Phillpe spend $1 making a watch, they can still sell it for an absurd price with that name on it. Mankind revels in such idiotic self delusion and narcissistic fraud.
This is the only reason comment I've seen.

There's no way to explain the idiocy in buying things whose cost of production is N10 at the cost of N100, 000
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 9:08am
lexy2014:

Pls define "broke guy"?

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by lexy2014: 10:19am
blowjohn:

Broke guy

Can you share your personal experience?

Which money is that?
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by adeniyiemmanuel(m): 11:29am
Rock by mayweather... & cr7...
fineberry:
In one interview I saw, Maywhether was ask how much does his most expensive wrists watch cost.....guess...guess na $18m USD.
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by blowjohn(m): 12:24pm
lexy2014:

Can you share your personal experience?

Which money is that?

Broke guy
Re: Why Are Some Watches Expensive? Do They Provide Other Benefits by fineberry(m): 2:34pm
adeniyiemmanuel:
Rock by mayweather... & cr7...
nawa o....bloody rich guys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebuka Vs A Nairalander: Who Rocked It Better? (Pics) / UK Man Spent Ten Years Tattooing His Body Black / Lady Shares Before And After Plastic Surgery Photos; Says Her Mum Went With Her

Viewing this topic: Cacasentiano2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.