Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,227 members, 7,925,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 12:10 AM

Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU (9162 Views)

ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / Emir Sanusi Urges FG To Honour Agreements With ASUU / Meet The Young Nigeria Who Won 27 Awards Nigeria Govt Fails To Recognize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by TechBaron: 7:47am On Jun 29
OneCandleAway:
So upon the outrageous tuition we the guardians/parents are paying they still want to go on strike? This is ridiculous.

It's like ASUU just uses strike as excuse to rest.
Outrageous tuition...

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by NinjaMetahuman: 7:58am On Jun 29
Paraman:
I blame Tinubu for this mess... He shouldn't have paid part of their salary that was withheld by Buhari when they went on strike.
he gave them wings.

Imagine not working for 8 fucking months and still get paid. Ofcos they want to do it again again

Who doesn't want free money.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Chisave: 8:00am On Jun 29
Paraman:
I blame Tinubu for this mess... He shouldn't have paid part of their salary that was withheld by Buhari when they went on strike.

You are very correct, That Buhari's treatment, most especially that Prorata payment of their salary in that month they resumed is the most courageous act of Buhari.

With someone like Buhari, ASUU will never think of useless strike again.

Buhari really dealt with them in language they understand

2 Likes

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Okoroawusa: 8:01am On Jun 29
ASUU Calabar Zone protesting about nonpayment of salaries in Abia State University.... get the story straight

Don't always comment on Nairaland without first reading the article.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by BABANGBALI: 8:02am On Jun 29
Let it begin today jo. I no wan go school again. I want to be with Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by OneCandleAway(f): 8:03am On Jun 29
TechBaron:
Outrageous tuition...

Yes. Because there has been no change in the quality of education or services they received. Just increase tuition for no reason. Maybe you don't have anyone you're sponsoring so you can't feel the pain.

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by LockDown69(m): 8:24am On Jun 29
Judolisco:
Make una allow me defend my postgraduate thesis abeg... Ino go do d mistake again... My PhD must be in a state sch dat doesn't strike or a private university.....

On a serious note ASUU executives should replace NLC executives dem sabi hold FG for blokos, dis guys were not paid for almost 4 months by ngige and dem no call off strike, they were busy borrowing money up and down
... .. NLC can't even go for a 2 days strike without compromising

Are you comparing ASUU strike with NLC strike? you must be joking. grin
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Greenfaces: 8:26am On Jun 29
Make una kuku end university education for Nigeria e no get relevance again.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by TechBaron: 8:27am On Jun 29
OneCandleAway:

Yes. Because there has been no change in the quality of education or services they received. Just increase tuition for no reason. Maybe you don't have anyone you're sponsoring so you can't feel the pain.
There's nothing outrageous about tuition fees in government-owned universities.

The fees charged are at par with the educational services offered.

If you want better education for your ward, you surely know where to get it.

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Judolisco(m): 8:28am On Jun 29
LockDown69:

Are you comparing ASUU with NLC? you must be joking. grin
dis particular crop of NLC executives are crooks.... D other day they beat d hell out of their president .... Imagine say ASUU go for protest dem come beat their president.... Dem fit lock sch for 1 yr

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by adenigga(m): 8:32am On Jun 29
OneCandleAway:
So upon the outrageous tuition we the guardians/parents are paying they still want to go on strike? This is ridiculous.

Is it ASUU you are paying or the employer of ASUU?
Do your findings.......

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by LockDown69(m): 8:34am On Jun 29
Judolisco:
dis particular crop of NLC executives are crooks.... D other day they beat d hell out of their president .... Imagine say ASUU go for protest dem come beat their president.... Dem fit lock sch for 1 yr
ASUU can afford to go on strike for more than 1 year, NLC cannot afford to go on a week-long strike, FG and Nigerians cannot afford that as well. Unions are made to protect interests and engage in negotiations and not meted for strike actions.

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Judolisco(m): 8:57am On Jun 29
LockDown69:
ASUU can afford to go on strike for more than 1 year, NLC cannot afford to go on a week-long strike, FG and Nigerians cannot afford that as well. Unions are made to protect interests and engage in negotiations and not meted for strike actions.
Nigerians can afford anything at dis point... Like u don't know what people are going through... The government won't take you seriously if u keep calling off strikes after 1 day....

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by LockDown69(m): 9:01am On Jun 29
Judolisco:
Nigerians can afford anything at dis point... Like u don't know what people are going through... The government won't take you seriously if u keep calling off strikes after 1 day....

I am no advocate to FG or it's harsh economic policies but, the NLC going on a prolonged strike will do more harm to Nigerians than good.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Medianna(f): 9:12am On Jun 29
Judolisco:
Make una allow me defend my postgraduate thesis abeg... Ino go do d mistake again... My PhD must be in a state sch dat doesn't strike or a private university.....

On a serious note ASUU executives should replace NLC executives dem sabi hold FG for blokos, dis guys were not paid for almost 4 months by ngige and dem no call off strike, they were busy borrowing money up and down
... .. NLC can't even go for a 2 days strike without compromising
You said 4months? I think it’s 8 months cuz that part of the reason for this incoming strike

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Judolisco(m): 9:28am On Jun 29
Medianna:

You said 4months? I think it’s 8 months cuz that part of the reason for this incoming strike
ok
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Callosobruchus(m): 9:29am On Jun 29
It's an annual event,just like Christmas and the New Year celebrations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Judolisco(m): 9:30am On Jun 29
LockDown69:

I am no advocate to FG or it's harsh economic policies but, the NLC going on a prolonged strike will do more harm to Nigerians than good.
yes but we'll enjoy the benefits later... We 2 dey keep quiet for dis country
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by blaise26abj(m): 9:59am On Jun 29
adenigga:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/Strike-to-begin-in-2-weeks-if-Nigerian-Govt-fails-to-honour-agreements-ASUU

These are the true comrades . Not those opportunists masquerading as NLC leaders .
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by VULCAN(m): 10:14am On Jun 29
Academic Education is not enough.

ASUU is one of the most useless organisations in Nigeria.

For over 20yrs, the only thing they are reputed for is strike.

But if their strikes yielded something - we could at least have clapped for them.

But no, you maintain regular strikes for over 20yrs and nothing actually changes for the lecturers as no govt ever seems to honour the agreements with them.

And their response to that is to go back and strike again.

Isn't insanity doing the same thing again and again despite yielding no result

1 Like

Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Exceed15: 10:17am On Jun 29
Tinubu is the father of protest. Make him dey hear am too. Be careful what you do to people.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by gfelo(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29
Weak minded people
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by thatsleepboy1: 2:49pm On Jun 29
JohnOkolo:

It shall never be well with ASUU and all those that support the rogue organization. Let those fools not forget the industrial court order banning any form of protest and for them to dialogue with the government on issues.

ASUU has never thought about the educational system, there always politicize their association.

This shows NLc and TUC will be downing their tools and embarking on strike very soon, cause this is their worthless organ just like them

And it shall never be well with you and your owners too. I believe if you're well you won't spew this rubbish. Id.io.tt, do you know what Nigerian students are passing through or do you think it is easy to go to school these days as your pay masters have ens.lav.ed you. Things are expensive, let students go home and work to also assist their wards and themselves too, they can also learn trade and other skills to better their lives during the strike period. As simple as that, stop disgracing your generation on a public forum.

#LETASUUSTRIKE
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Neoteny(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29
These misfits churning out miscreants and half-baked graduates should not be paid a dime. They're criminally responsible for the extremely poor quality of Nigerian students.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by adejades: 7:37pm On Jun 29
My brother, pass that igbo wey you dey smoke abeg. Lol

Abi we should eliminate one of them?

The annoying part is that the govt has gotten this notice but will refuse to act until the strike comes then the blame game starts.

Smh.

Remman:
I'm now convinced that FG and ASUU can never work together as long as they exist.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Inosky: 6:04am On Jun 30
OneCandleAway:

The money majorly goes to Govt not to the average academic lecturers that a paid peanuts like a lay-civil servant and expect to teach, predegree, undergraduate, postgraduate and part-time students
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Inosky: 6:08am On Jun 30
Neoteny:
These misfits churning out miscreants and half-baked graduates should not be paid a dime. They're criminally responsible for the extremely poor quality of Nigerian students.

And those Nigerian graduates that are making waves across the world, who baked them like that?

Use your head not your ass to think. angry
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Inosky: 6:15am On Jun 30
adenigga:

Is it ASUU you are paying or the employer of ASUU?
Do your findings.......

The guy is sick in the head.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by Neoteny(m): 10:46am On Jun 30
Inosky:

And those Nigerian graduates that are making waves across the world, who baked them like that?

Use your head not your ass to think. angry

What Nigerian students are making waves? How many of them out of a population of how many?

You sound like a halfwit product of those incompetent lecturers.
Re: Strike To Begin In 2 Weeks If Nigerian Govt Fails To Honour Agreements – ASUU by ishie148(m): 9:06pm On Jun 30
ASUU shouldn't think of strike because they're the ones politicians use to rig elections

(1) (2) (Reply)

DELSU 2014/2015 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out .call For Help:08063359536 / My Lecturer Is A Gay And He Is Desperately In Love With Me / Ansu Has Released Merit List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.