Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,659 members, 7,889,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:51 AM

Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba (16350 Views)

Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 In Imo / Gunmen Attack Imo Police Headquarters In Obowo, Kill 2 Policemen, Injure Others / Delta Policemen Abandon All The Bribes They Collected At A Checkpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Ezewuzie01: 9:03am On Jun 29
Two policemen have been shot dead while one was injured following an attack on their checkpoint by unknown gunmen in Aba.

This is barely one month since yet-to-be-identified gunmen also attacked a military checkpoint at Obikabia Junction, killing five soldiers and burning their patrol vans.

The incident, which took place at Opobo junction along Ikot Ekpene Road, Ogbor Hill, caused panic as street traders, motorists, and shop owners, scampered to safety. Several food items, like rice, beans, garri, meat, and vegetables belonging to the street traders, were scattered on the road as they fled.

A few minutes later, several patrol teams of policemen stormed the area as residents deserted the road.

As of the time of filing this report, Abia Police spokesperson, Maureen Chinaka, was yet to respond to a text message sent to her handset.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/breaking-gunmen-kill-2-policemen-injure-1-in-aba/

42 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Remman(m): 9:07am On Jun 29
When there are so many guns in the wrong hands, insecurity will worsen in such an environment. That's why some advanced countries ban use of firearm by its citizens.

9 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Killerofpigs: 9:10am On Jun 29
Tinubu should check their names.... grin

Useless mudafvckers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Paraman: 9:12am On Jun 29
IPOB should just restrict thier madness to the south east and we won't have problem. They shouldn't bring their madness to the south west and south south

39 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by madridguy(m): 9:12am On Jun 29
The Nigeria government should withdraw Nigeria Police from the SE region. Let them be using vigilante groups.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by MatrixReloaded: 9:12am On Jun 29
Remman:
When there are so many guns in the wrong hands, insecurity will worsen in such an environment. That's why some advanced countries ban use of firearm by its citizens.
Advance countries like U.S abi?

South West or South South, be specific cos u can't come from both side.
Paraman:
IPOB should just restrict thier madness to the south east and we won't have problem. They shouldn't bring their madness to the south west and south south

35 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by franchasofficia: 9:15am On Jun 29
This is clearly the work of Southeast haters.

The picture is getting clearer. They want to destabilize Southeast at all cost and at the same time discredit Peter Obi.

Now that they have seen that Abia state have got a performing Governor, they have shifted their attention to Abia to make it ungovernable so they can say Southeast is insecure and Labor Party Governor failed.

This is a script written against Southeast and Igbos

They first targeted Imo state that was the shining star of Southeast when it comes to tourism, hospitality and entertainment. Haven achieved their aim in tagging Imo an insecure state, they are shifting target to Abia.

What they should know is that there is a Living God, a God of justice that ruleth over the affairs of men and He watches.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by madridguy(m): 9:16am On Jun 29
The same boys you people are contributing money for? Continue to blame imaginary haters.

franchasofficia:

The picture is getting clearer. They want to destabilize Southeast at all cost and at the same time discredit Peter Obi.

Now that they have seen that Abia state have got a performing Governor, they have shifted their attention to Abia to make it ungovernable so they can say Southeast is insecure and Labor Party Governor failed.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Seunpapa65: 9:16am On Jun 29
Otti should better go offensive or the will destabilize his government

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Paraman: 9:16am On Jun 29
MatrixReloaded:

South West or South South, be specific..
South west and south south... IPOB should limit their madness to the south east

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Seunpapa65: 9:18am On Jun 29
franchasofficia:

Fact no be for owerri the killed one gunmen only to remove the mask or only to see na DSS agent

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by MatrixReloaded: 9:18am On Jun 29
Paraman:
South west and south south... IPOB should limit their madness to the south east

No nah. You got to choose one. I know you are a Beneficiary of nddc stipend and you are from kogi.

10 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by franchasofficia: 9:20am On Jun 29
madridguy:
The same boys you people are contributing money for? Continue to blame imaginary haters.

You do not have the fear of God neither do you reverence God. You are a political tool, a lover of injustice and iniquity, a tribalist and a hater of the Igbos, I have nothing to argue with you, go thee behind me and enjoy what you do, but hear me today that there is a Living God who watches over us and He does not sleep nor slumber.

You can mock Igbos and southeast and play all manner of politics of gangup against Igbos, there is an expiry date for all evil. So enjoy whatever dividend you are getting or wish to get, but whatever we sow we will reap today or tomorrow, have a nice day.

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by jmoore(m): 9:21am On Jun 29
Lack of intelligence is the biggest problem of our security agencies.

The low budget terrorists are taking advantage of this.

After each attack, the security agencies will never learn.

Police and army are targets of these terrorists, they need to be alert 24/7.

The last attack on soldiers in Aba, I said it was naive to have all members of the army group in one location at same time. They don't have a sniper that should be hidden to take out terrorists. Same scenerio has repeated again and will keep repeating till they upgrade their intelligence.

12 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by FatimaAbubakar(f): 9:21am On Jun 29
You mean gunmen killed two criminals in government uniforms?

22 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Paraman: 9:27am On Jun 29
MatrixReloaded:

No nah. You got to choose one. I know you are a Beneficiary of nddc stipend and you are from kogi.
IPOB should limit their madness to the south east... They shouldn't bring their madness to the south west or south south.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Okoroawusa: 9:28am On Jun 29
What is happening in ABA bikokwanu? The situation needs quiet undercover investigation. Evil people have infiltrated Aba.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Okoroawusa: 9:32am On Jun 29
franchasofficia:

This is a script written against Southeast and Igbos

They first targeted Imo state that was the shining star of Southeast when it comes to tourism, hospitality and entertainment. Haven achieved their aim in tagging Imo an insecure state, they are shifting target to Abia.

What they should know is that there is a Living God, a God of justice that ruleth over the affairs of men and He watches.
Never take responsibility for anything right from the time of Nnamdi Kanu to this time of Peter Obi.

Continue inugo?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by madridguy(m): 9:36am On Jun 29
Stop lying against me bro. I don't hate anyone or any tribe. I stand with my choice of political party " APC " which is my right under democracy.

If voting and supporting APC is what you considered as hatred towards the Igbos then I can't help you on this.

Meanwhile, I'm happy I'm alive to see what is happening in the SE today, I received many insult for telling you and your brothers here not to allow Kanu to turn the Igbo land to North East, but you guys called us many names, today you guys are running away from your region, hosting your traditional weddings elsewhere.

You guys should continue, very soon you will be paying some levies to Simon Ekpa boys before you can access your farmland too.

franchasofficia:
You do not have the fear of God neither do you reverence God. You are a political tool, a lover of injustice and iniquity, a tribalist and a hater of the Igbos, I have nothing to argue with you, go thee behind me and enjoy what you do, but hear me today that there is a Living God who watches over us and He does not sleep nor slumber.

You can mock Igbos and southeast and play all manner of politics of gangup against Igbos, there is an expiry date for all evil. So enjoy whatever dividend you are getting or wish to get, but whatever we sow we will reap today or tomorrow, have a nice day.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by jmoore(m): 9:37am On Jun 29
madridguy:
The Nigeria government should withdraw Nigeria Police from the SE region. Let them be using vigilante groups.

You have not told government to withdraw soldiers and police from the north despite them having the largest casualties in that region.

So you want government to withdraw all police in southeast and send them to Borno, Zamfara where terrorists give each policeman fried chicken every morning as a gift.

Let me expand your statement so you see how dumb it sounds. It is like saying that doctors should be withdrawn from a community because of sick people, mechanic should withdraw from a community because some cars do breakdown or a food seller should withdraw from a community where everyone eats food.

What is the job of police if he is scared of criminals?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Faber(m): 9:42am On Jun 29
hmmmm...all I see here is state sponsored terrorism.

APC led FG is trying their best to create problem and insurgency in Aba to slow down the progress of the city under Gov. Otti. Why is it, there are no other areas of Abia State where attacks on Security agents are being witnessed and reported. They want to distract Governor Otti by all means... They see him as another Peter Obi.

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Peterobiisathie(f): 9:43am On Jun 29
Ibos killing Ibos because of beerfraud

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by phemmie06(m): 9:43am On Jun 29
These guys should stop killing their own people.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Coolsperm: 9:43am On Jun 29
There is no police check point in the north why do they mount check point in the SE, any way rip to them

5 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by GeneralOjukwu: 9:43am On Jun 29
Let them increase sit-at-home to 5 days a week.

Bunch of coward wo-MEN that a fellow man, continents away coughs and they dive under their beds in their wives skirts to hide. cheesy

No wonder their women desperately and shamelessly pursue Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani men. No drop of testosterone in their men. They even mocked them for being " short downstairs " grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by omoredia: 9:44am On Jun 29
The so called gunmen are sponsored by this APC government. Check the two killed police men are ibos. That's the proof. They are systematically clearing out people that will not support their jihadist agenda from our security structure.

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by madridguy(m): 9:44am On Jun 29
Because the North will never come online to be crying the military/police are killing innocent people.

jmoore:

You have not told government to withdraw soldiers and police from the north despite them having the largest casualties in that region.

So you want government to withdraw all police in southeast and send them to Borno, Zamfara where terrorists give each policeman fried chicken every morning as a gift.

Let me expand your statement so you see how dumb it sounds. It is like saying that doctors should be withdrawn from a community because of sick people, mechanic should withdraw from a community because some cars do breakdown or a food seller should withdraw from a community where everyone eats food.

What is the job of police if he is scared of criminals?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by Emmabyte: 9:45am On Jun 29
What is checkpoint do they also have checkpoint in the north and west

5 Likes

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by GeneralOjukwu: 9:45am On Jun 29
grin

1 Like

Re: Unknown Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 At A Checkpoint in Aba by wpadmin: 9:46am On Jun 29

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers Kill Policeman In Nasarawa While Trying To Abduct An Expatriate / Police Arraign Officers Suspected Of Shooting Gafaru Buraimoh / Ndlea Arrest Student With 5.960kg Of Heroin & Cannabis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.