Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,300 members, 7,894,268 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:03 AM

Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes (31894 Views)

Osun Election: EFCC Arrests APC Official Caught Buying Votes At Isale Osun / Keyamo Reacts To Reports Of APC Buying Votes In Ekiti / Man Calls For The Arrest Of His Neighbour After He Caught Him Buying Votes (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by pek(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29
Akpabio confessed to doing worse. Where is he today? Nigeria is a failed state

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Lexusgs430: 7:27pm On Jun 29
Every politician in Nigeria, buys votes .......

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by boxypane(m): 7:28pm On Jun 29
Are we in a sane country?
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by PEXBlog(f): 7:28pm On Jun 29
kedeojo:
Children of hate will dodge the topic cos their one darling party before last year election has one of the senator confesses how he engage in vote buying. If it were to be an Apc senator, they will rush here and tell you how Apc engage everywhere in vote buying. Hypocrite people.

So what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by nolamicautos: 7:29pm On Jun 29
Honest man
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by tochez24(m): 7:30pm On Jun 29
Dreal1247:
What of Tinubu who said that he knew that the people didn't vote him in, yet the judges went ahead to give him victory? APC is always trying to defend their corruption while portraying other political parties as corrupt. But unfortunately, no one can make a pig clean. APC is irredeemabley corrupt, dirty, incompetent, selfish, visionless, divisive , purposeless, and worst of all the political parties in Nigeria. Yet the people have not united to deal with them. I don't blame them, but I blame those who are still engaging in tribal based verbal wars and arguments. The slaves who love their chains will remain in bondage.

No be people wey get SENSE dey unite

When they never compare Wizkid with davido finish??😔

Most Nigerians are irredeemable fools whose speciality is rooted in crimes only⚠️

If it's not money, sex, drugs, tribe and religion.... A typical Nigerian is uninterested🙁
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by PEXBlog(f): 7:31pm On Jun 29
Shadomaan7:
PDPs corruption runs deep and their failures have proven them to be a finished party, deserving of being behind bars.

What of APC? Are both parties not the same? Or is there anything you are hiding for us to know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by benjanny(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29
He is a fool
the people who collected from him before voting for him are more foolish

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by onuman: 7:31pm On Jun 29
He is already campaigning for 2027 on ethnic grounds for president Tinubu.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by chopnaira: 7:34pm On Jun 29
Normal thing in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by WhizdomXX(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29
helinues:
You lie, people go castigate you
You are telling the truth, still ton r lambasted.

Na why it's better to sometimes KS
You're reasoning better this days. I always knew you had it in you. As a Nigerian, I'm proud.

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Yadid(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29
Shadomaan7:
PDPs corruption runs deep and their failures have proven them to be a finished party, deserving of being behind bars.

You'd put a party behind bars lol
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by anonimi: 7:43pm On Jun 29
helinues:

Better to always do right and avoid criminal actions.

However, Buhari doesn’t have the kind of money I can steal neither does he have the money I can collect. He doesn’t even have the money for Lagos votes. So, whatever I promise, it’s for real and is coming from my pocket. It’s not until I go to Alausa before I get money to give you.”

Addressing APC supporters on the need to deliver votes, Tinubu said handsome cash rewards await those who can deliver votes for the party.

He said he would not make mistakes of the past where people would collect money in advance and not deliver on election day.

Tinubu added, “Those of you that say you come to Bourdillon for mobilisation, it is mobilisation that we are doing here or don’t you understand? Definitely, if you know people in your neighbourhood, our members, how we used to do.

“They would surround me like the way ants surround sugar but they duped me; calling for mobilisation funds as if they are not all from the same neighbourhood.

“For this one, even if your footwear is worn-out, as long as you can deliver on votes, I guarantee that I’ll pay you money that will surprise you. May we not lack!

“Definitely, if you know people in your neighbourhood, who are our members, you should be able to call them out. If you’re a registered member, go out and vote. Vote and let it be much, and when I see the result, that’s when I’ll bring out money that is worthwhile for you.”

https://punchng.com/i-said-i-was-richer-than-osun-state-tinubu-admits/?amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by AdeCityzen(m): 7:46pm On Jun 29
This one don enter one chance, saying this crap as a PDP member in the house of APC cabal.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Sapasenator: 7:48pm On Jun 29
helinues:

There is no politician wey nor buy votes for Nigeria and that is the reality.

I will buy votes myself if I become a politician in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by masqot(m): 7:51pm On Jun 29
Nah jeje wahala siddon whey this man go dey pull him tail.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Amaggedon: 7:52pm On Jun 29
helinues:

You dont know what is wrong or right .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by anonimi: 7:55pm On Jun 29
Shadomaan7:

Why are you so clueless about what failure means?

How difficult was life during PDP’s 16 years rule, compared to the 9 years of the Assembly of Past Crooks, APC led by Abacha’s right hand man in PTF who denied that Abacha stole in 2008, even though Obasanjo recovered billions of dollars in loot?

Abacha’s bagman is a former APC governor and Tinubu minister.

Abacha loot: UK backs US, opposes FG’s plan to pay Bagudu $110m
6th April 2020

The United Kingdom has joined the United States in resisting a plan by the Nigerian government to give Kebbi State Governor, Atiku Bagudu, about $110m (N41.8bn) out of the $155m (N58.9bn) stolen by late dictator, Sani Abacha, Bloomberg reports.

The US, the UK and Nigeria are involved in a dispute over investment portfolios worth $155m traced to Abacha and held in trust for Bagudu and his family.

Nigeria is seeking the approval of a UK court for Nigeria to take ownership of the assets before returning 70 per cent of the proceeds to Bagudu under the terms of a 2018 deal.

Nigeria’s Attorney-General, Abubakar Malami (SAN), has denied ever entering a deal with Bagudu but court papers say otherwise.

The UK government’s National Crime Agency is now “opposing the Federal Republic of Nigeria’s application,” according to a motion filed by Bagudu’s brother, Ibrahim, to the District Court for the District of Columbia in the US capital on March 30.

The US Department of Justice said in February that its Nigerian counterpart is hindering its efforts to recover the allegedly laundered money from the UK.

Bagudu was part of a network controlled by Abacha that “embezzled, misappropriated and extorted billions from the government of Nigeria,” according to the DOJ.

While successive Nigerian governments have repatriated billions of dollars looted by Abacha, who died in office in 1998, the administration of Nigerian President, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), says it’s prevented from assisting America’s ongoing forfeiture efforts by an agreement between Bagudu and a previous government in 2003.

Abacha is estimated to have stolen as much as $5bn during his five-year rule.

That 2003 settlement, which was approved by a UK court, allowed Bagudu to return $163m to Nigeria “without admitting to wrongdoing,” according to US court filings.

In return, the government dropped all outstanding civil and criminal claims against him. Bagudu was elected a senator in 2009 and the governor of Kebbi state six years later.

Five years after the US launched fresh forfeiture proceedings against him, Bagudu and Buhari’s administration struck a new deal in October 2018 to transfer ownership of the investment portfolios to the Nigerian state, which would immediately pay 98.5m euros to the Kebbi governor and his affiliates.

The terms of the updated settlement can’t be implemented while Nigeria’s application in a UK court is pending and a freezing order is still in place, according to a motion by Ibrahim Bagudu, who is entitled to a $100,000 annuity from the funds and is contesting the US confiscation efforts.

https://punchng.com/abacha-loot-uk-backs-us-opposes-fgs-plan-to-pay-bagudu-110m/?amp

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by onuman: 7:57pm On Jun 29
Chinkoalhaji34:
Eh ya PDP, una don enter again with yeye tactics, make una go siddon for jail!

PDP is under the control of Arewa - Atiku Abubakar.

APC is under the control of Arewa - Buhari. What is the difference between the two?
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by celestineteryim: 8:06pm On Jun 29
Even LP is guilty of this vote buying,in Anambra people were induces with jollof rice
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Bluntemperor: 8:07pm On Jun 29
Shadomaan7:

1.The Senator,by his own Statements has forfeited his Position,as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
2.he has also shown that PDP is a gonna Party-no matter how you want to parry this issue,which he confessed to and of Course,so many of them in that Chamber - that didn't win yet bought the votes.
3.Osun State and the Governor,has lots to answer.
4.The INEC and those that are concerned with Nigerian Elections should swing into action, and this man should immediately vacate the Red Chamber!
5 .he has exposed how the Osun Elections was not free and fair!
Shameful Act Indeed.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by celestineteryim: 8:09pm On Jun 29
Dreal1247:
What of Tinubu who said that he knew that the people didn't vote him in, yet the judges went ahead to give him victory? APC is always trying to defend their corruption while portraying other political parties as corrupt. But unfortunately, no one can make a pig clean. APC is irredeemabley corrupt, dirty, incompetent, selfish, visionless, divisive , purposeless, and worst of all the political parties in Nigeria. Yet the people have not united to deal with them. I don't blame them, but I blame those who are still engaging in tribal based verbal wars and arguments. The slaves who love their chains will remain in bondage.
he said that is bitter grieving Pandora obituary that was voted? This election real pain you will cry tire
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Bimpe29: 8:09pm On Jun 29
Sanity is pretty far from here
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Jostoman: 8:10pm On Jun 29
kedeojo:
Children of hate will dodge the topic cos their one darling party before last year election has one of the senator confesses how he engage in vote buying. If it were to be an Apc senator, they will rush here and tell you how Apc engage everywhere in vote buying. Hypocrite people.
Shebi your oga self don start 2027 vote buying through their rubbing peter to pay paul grant.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by celestineteryim: 8:12pm On Jun 29
Caramia2020:
I'm not shocked neither surprised because some people even sold their vote on credit in Lagos during the last election n they even have the guts to protest non payment.
what of Anambra is only Lagos that the election was conducted?
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by celestineteryim: 8:14pm On Jun 29
tuoyoojo:
This hardship installed by Apc is a election strategy of wesponized poverty

So that in 2026, they would use 500 naira to buy votes

Funny enough in 2026, banditry would reduce drastically, so would kidnapping, the roads would become somewhat safer, Nigerians would heave a little sigh of relief

As anticipated, Nigerians would forget and believe that this government means well for them and with a little incentive of 500 naira, votes would be sold in exchange for another 4 years for sheer misery
thank you for your understanding it means bitter grieving Pandora obituary is not coming as president
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Pat081: 8:24pm On Jun 29
Useless man Tinubu too should be in jail
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Smartcitizen: 8:40pm On Jun 29
kedeojo:

If this Man was Labour party senator, you and your lots for don mad by now.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by ebenholer(m): 8:50pm On Jun 29
BEFORE YOU CRUCIFY SENATOR OYEWUMI.... AT LEAST YOU CAN ASK YOUR REST SENATORS TO COME OUT TO MAKE CONFESSIONAL STATEMENT ABOUT THEIR EVIL DEEDS IN THE LAST ELECTION.
HE HAS SAID THE TRUTH YOUR ELECTED SENATOR COULD NOT SAY. YOUR ELECTED SENATORS WENT TO THE EXTENT OF KILLING TO SECURE VOTES AND YOU ALL KNEW ABOUT IT.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by ndu99(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29
We need a leader who's not afraid to speak the truth, so proud of him though. grin

Some will even swear by their life not knowing anything about vote buying.
Re: Senator Olalere Oyewumi Confessed Buying Votes by Omalicious1: 9:24pm On Jun 29

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Increases Prices Of Electricity Meters / Flavour N’abania, Cubana Chief Priest Perform In APC Imo State Rally / The Official People's Democratic Party Presidential Primaries Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.