Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,544 members, 7,888,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:36 PM

Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize (507 Views)

Osigwe Ikirodah: Tinubu/Shettima Ticket Is A Factual Combination For Development / Lai, Kadaria Invoke Ignorance To Penalize Factual Journalism By Farooq Kperogi / Baba Tela Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by clearcrystal: 9:21pm On Jun 29
TELA maize does not rely on ‘Terminator’ technology. Instead, it uses genetic modification to introduce traits such as drought tolerance and insect resistance.

It’s important to note that TELA maize does not incorporate genetic use restriction technology (GURT), which is commonly known as ‘Terminator’ technology.

TELA maize is a hybrid created through the crossing of carefully selected parent lines. However, being a hybrid does not automatically imply the use of ‘Terminator’ technology. The reduced vigour observed in subsequent generations of hybrids is a natural outcome of genetic segregation, not a result of engineered sterility.

The transgenic traits present in TELA maize, namely drought tolerance and insect resistance, are unrelated to seed viability. These traits are intended to enhance crop performance, rather than control reproduction. Therefore, TELA maize seeds remain viable and can be replanted. It’s worth mentioning that replanting may lead to reduced performance due to hybrid genetics, but the seeds themselves are not sterile.

It is important to highlight that there has been a widespread moratorium on the commercial use of Terminator technology. TELA maize has been developed and approved under regulatory frameworks that strictly prohibit the use of ‘Terminator’ technology.

TELA maize is not the sole and first hybrid seed available in Nigeria. Various other conventional seeds also possess hybrid traits, which farmers have been purchasing and cultivating in our fields.

Examples include the following:

1. Maize Hybrids
Oba Super 1 and Oba Super 2 are popular maize hybrids developed by the Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR) at Ahmadu Bello University.

SAMMAZ series: Developed by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).

2. Rice Hybrids

FARO 44 (Sipi) is a hybrid rice variety developed by the National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI) in collaboration with international partners.

NERICA (New Rice for Africa) varieties are hybrids developed by the Africa Rice Center to combine the high yield of Asian rice with the hardiness of African rice.

3. Sorghum Hybrids

SAMSORG series are hybrid sorghum varieties developed by the Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR) to improve yield and drought tolerance.

4. Cowpea Hybrids

IT89KD-288 is a hybrid cowpea variety developed by the IITA, known for its resistance to pests and high yield.

These examples demonstrate that hybrid seeds are widely used in Nigeria to enhance agricultural productivity and sustainability, showing that hybridization is not exclusive to genetically
modified crops alone.
https://sciencenigeria.com/factual-information-on-tela-maize/

20 Likes

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by clearcrystal: 9:32pm On Jun 29
See the response I got from ChatGPT on Tela Maize, I don't know why our leaders accepted this GMO Maize.
Can't we do our own research and come up with a hybrid Maize.
Are we having issues with planting our natural Maize? The major problem to food shortage is herders/farmers crisis.
Even America didn't accept this TELA maize from Bill Gate.
What problem does Bill Gate has with Africa?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 9:35pm On Jun 29
There was so many ignorant comments after the news Came out that I didn't even bother to make a comment.
From Bill Gates trying to kill Africans to Bill Gates trying to control all our food production.
Damn, we need to step up in Africa.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 9:37pm On Jun 29
clearcrystal:
See the response I got from ChatGPT on Tela Maize, I don't know why our leaders accepted this GMO Maize.
Are we having issues with planting our natural Maize? The major problem to food shortage is herders/farmers crisis.

The research were done in Nigeria but funded by the Gates foundation.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by WeddingParol: 9:43pm On Jun 29
I will never believe that Bill Gates cares for Africans.

These guys sees African as only good for exploration.

With what I know about these guys, they never take Africans serious.

1 Like

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by jmoore(m): 9:46pm On Jun 29
clearcrystal:
Do you know the type of maize you have eaten for the last 10 years?

Conspiracy theory up and down but you dey chop without checking.

2 Likes

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by obiekunie01: 9:59pm On Jun 29
Guestlander:
There was so many ignorant comments after the news Came out that I didn't even bother to make a comment.
From Bill Gates trying to kill Africans to Bill Gates trying to control all our food production.
Damn, we need to step up in Africa.

this commenter either you are naturally very ignorant or you are one of those paid to spread misinformation on the true nature of that killer poison called TELA maize.

Its so god and yet American FDA doesn't approve it to be eaten in USA.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 10:15pm On Jun 29
obiekunie01:

this commenter either you are naturally very ignorant or you are one of those paid to spread misinformation on the true nature of that killer poison called TELA maize.

Its so god and yet American FDA doesn't approve it to be eaten in USA.

I'm here shaking my head for you. Poison? Can you provide any evidence that the Maize either poisoned someone or suspected that it would do so in future.
Please provide the evidence here and leave the blustering aside for a little bit.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by clearcrystal: 7:53am On Jun 30
Guestlander:

I'm here shaking my head for you. Poison? Can you provide any evidence that the Maize either poisoned someone or suspected that it would do so in future.
Please provide the evidence here and leave the blustering aside for a little bit.

Why is it not approved by FDA?
Let Bill Gate and Americans lead by example, they should plant and eat it first.

14 Likes

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 8:06am On Jun 30
clearcrystal:

Why is it not approved by FDA?
Let Bill Gate and Americans lead by example, they should plant and eat it first.

This particular one is made to adapt to conditions in Nigeria and not the United States.
This one also is not a GMO, just hybrid. Hybrids are already present in Nigeria in different crops.
Going by your comment, I am sure you don't know that most of the corn grown in the US are GMO.

1 Like

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by clearcrystal: 8:15am On Jun 30
Guestlander:

This particular one is made to adapt to conditions in Nigeria and not the United States.
This one is not a GMO just hybrid. Hybrids are already present in Nigeria in different crops.

You don't know anything about their aims and objectives.
Please stop promoting what you know nothing about. Are you part of the research team?

You will never know when they will use (GURT), which is commonly known as ‘Terminator’ technology to modify the seed.

13 Likes

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 8:19am On Jun 30
clearcrystal:

You don't know anything about their aims and objectives.
Please stop promoting what you know nothing about. Are you part of the research team?

You will never know when they will use (GURT), which is commonly known as ‘Terminator’ technology to modify the seed.

What are their aims and objectives?
You are already eating hybrid crops in Nigeria and I can safely assume you are not dead yet.
If you plant the GURT seed it wouldn't germinate. So, how would I "never know" it is GMO?
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by clearcrystal: 8:49am On Jun 30
Guestlander:

What are their aims and objectives?
You are already eating hybrid crops in Nigeria and I can safely assume you are not dead yet.
If you plant the GURT seed it wouldn't germinate. So, how would I "never know" it is GMO?

Yes it's GMO, read the first paragraph of my first post.
Yes we are eating hybrid crops which were developed by different research institutes in NIGERIA (see the listed examples in my first post).

TELA Maize has been genetically modified to make it drought tolerance and insect resistance. That's why it should by classified as GMO crop and not hybrid.

Before we can accept it, let FDA approve it and declare it safe for Americans. Even if they approve it, they will tag it GMO food and it will be boldly written on it in their grocery stores.

I rest my case.

13 Likes

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by Guestlander: 9:10am On Jun 30
clearcrystal:

Yes it's GMO, read the first paragraph of my first post.
Yes we are eating hybrid crops which were developed by different research institutes in NIGERIA (see the listed examples in my first post).

TELA Maize has been genetically modified to make it drought tolerance and insect resistance. That's why it should by classified as GMO crop and not hybrid.

Before we can accept it, let FDA approve it and declare it safe for Americans. Even if they approve it, they will tag it GMO food and it will be boldly written on it in their grocery stores.

I rest my case.

I probably missed the part where it says TELA maize is GMO. Can you please point me to it?
If any company or organization is going to control the seed that will be my main concern.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by ResidentSnitch(f): 10:00am On Jun 30
Guestlander:

I probably missed the part where it says TELA maize is GMO. Can you please point me to it?
If any company or organization is going to control the seed that will be my main concern.
If the gene was manipulated, then it is indeed GMO. Don't dismiss the concerns of innocent Nigerians as ignorance since you have not carried out any research to show that it has no negative long-term effect. You don't just swallow anything you're told hook, line and sinker. This wouldn't be the first time they are lying to people.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by DomPerignon: 10:07am On Jun 30
Bill Gates Foundation has a PR office located in Abuja.

The OP is one of numerous online propagandists employed by the Bill Gates Foundation.

They were all recruited during Covid 19.

I even got an email from the same Bill Gates Foundation requesting I apply for the shilling job.

Mention one thing Bill Gates has given for free and I will show you a virgin in an Onistha brothel.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by DomPerignon: 10:10am On Jun 30
jmoore:

Do you know the type of maize you have eaten for the last 10 years?

Conspiracy theory up and down but you dey chop without checking.

Why are Ibo people like this ?

Ibos like the one I am quoting have no food sovereignty since they don't farm.

See, it's not just consuming that poison , it's the dangers it harbours for natural seeds.
You farm that rubbish next to a natural maize farm and you are bound to have cross pollination that will render the natural maize seeds sterile.

This is like introducing a virus into natural seeds.

At the end, every farmer will have to purchase seeds from Bill Gates after their natural seeds become sterile.

Why are you people so prone to Globo Homo insanity ?

1 Like

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by shotuns: 10:25am On Jun 30
This is nothing but disinformation @op ,we arent babies on earth, everyone knows who Bill Gate is as hater of humanity, he said it categorically that the world population is too much and needs to depopulate starting from Africa. Ask yourself ,do we have problems cultivating our lands, growing our crops? in fact God blessed us with the best weather,climate, natural soil that grows anything. So why do we need hybrid + genetically modified seeds to survive. He came personally to Aso rock becauae he knew our heads loves money and will push anyrhing to get the dollars but underneath killing us silently. We dont need GMO seeds to survive.
Go and go study Ziimbabwe as a case study. Research it and you will understand the greater negative effect of Bill gates seeds on the long run.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by jmoore(m): 10:26am On Jun 30
DomPerignon:

Why are Ibo people like this ?

Ibos like the one I am quoting have no food sovereignty since they don't farm.

See, it's not just consuming that poison , it's the dangers it harbours for natural seeds.
You farm that rubbish next to a natural maize farm and you are bound to have cross pollination that will render the natural maize seeds sterile.

This is like introducing a virus into natural seeds.

At the end, every farmer will have to purchase seeds from Bill Gates after their natural seeds become sterile.

Why are you people so prone to Globo Homo insanity ?

Spoken like an ignoramus by going choosing the tribal route.

A question was asked and you are talking like a dumb creature. Do you know the corn you have eaten for the last 10 years?
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by DomPerignon: 10:44am On Jun 30
jmoore:

Spoken like an ignoramus by going choosing the tribal route.

A question was asked and you are talking like a dumb creature. Do you know the corn you have eaten for the last 10 years?

You don't farm so you have no food sovereignty and are dependent on others who farm and whose sustainable practices handed down since man began to till the earth is under threat .

So old just shut up and consume whatever goyslop bill gates dumps on your Biafra .

1 Like

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by jmoore(m): 10:47am On Jun 30
DomPerignon:

You don't farm so you have no food sovereignty and are dependent on others who farm and whose sustainable practices handed down since man began to till the earth is under threat .

So old just shut up and consume whatever goyslop bill gates dumps on your Biafra .
Mumu! The bread you eat, do you know where the wheat comes from?
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by DomPerignon: 10:50am On Jun 30
jmoore:

Mumu! The bread you eat, do you know where the wheat comes from?

Again you rear your foolishness again.

The main concern against Bill Gates GMO project in Africa is because Bill Gates wants to dominate the seeds market by deploying his sterile seeds into the farm ecosystem.

When they tell you to Ronu you go say nah hate speech.

1 Like

Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by jmoore(m): 10:52am On Jun 30
DomPerignon:

Again you rear your foolishness again.

The main concern against Bill Gates GMO project in Africa is because Bill Gates wants to dominate the seeds market by deploying his sterile seeds into the farm ecosystem.

When they tell you to Ronu you go say nah hate speech.

Better visit yabaleft, let them investigate if it is GMO that caused your own mental insanity.
Re: Factual Information On Bill Gate's TELA Maize by DomPerignon: 11:00am On Jun 30
jmoore:

Better visit yabaleft, let them investigate if it is GMO that caused your own mental insanity.

Your congenital prion disease brought about by cannibalism amongst your ancestors is glaring

There is no cure for brain prion rot aka stupidity.

Pele

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Finish Him: Nobody Understands Tinubu Again / It Just Keeps Getting Worse - Nigeria Ranks 35th On Mo Ibrahim Index / Mend's Standing On Yar'aduas Amnesty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.