Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,386 members, 7,894,657 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 01:12 PM

Losing Coolant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Losing Coolant (140 Views)

Use coolant.... Not water / 5 Warning Signs Of Low Coolant In Car / Don't Top-up Your Radiator With Water. Use Engine Coolant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Losing Coolant by Originalsly: 5:12am On Jun 30
Been driving on the highway ... check engine light came on ... temperature was rising ...got to where In was going shortly after ... needle was in the red .. shut off engine. Waited for about ten minutes ... engine wouldn't restart. ...checked oil level since I didn't for weeksss ... oil level was lowwww ... topped up . Waited a few more .... started ... ran engine and monitored temperature ... remained normal .. drove off... temperature immediately began to rise ... and fast. Stopped .. checked coolant .. low. Took almost a whole damn bottle to refill . Restarted ... drove next 30 minutes ...all was fine .. no more overheating... but was smelling coolant and noticed slight steaming from under the hood.... temp remained normal. Got home.. opened hood ..no steaming from engine or anywhere but did notice the bottom of the radiator was wet. Hmmm ... leakage. Next morning.. checked hoses...seemed good but seems like a part of the radiator was wet. Radiator leak... quick solution ... Radiator Stop Leak. Clerk said take the car to a shop to make sure it's the radiator if not the stop leak can cause damage to the engine. What?? .... so I decided to find out and share.

(1) (Reply)

My Toyota 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting / Please Help! / 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.