Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,042 members, 7,876,890 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

"Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla (25168 Views)

ICPC Arrests Okoi Obono-Obla / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Curious345: 2:57pm On Jun 30
Thank God no single Ibo man or woman is mentioned in all of this rubbish .

Only the other thieving tribes and their allibi
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by DeepSight(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30
BiGVEEN58:
One person nor fit steal $69 billion.
Politics is like a narcotic cartel.

Dem plenty wey carry out the heist nah why e dey hard to bring one person down. This matter don die before e start sef.

Foolish negros. Spits*

An NSA making away with such an amount is by no means "one person" at work.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Chetas81(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30
hegu:
Forget this country. Its gone.

These same people will fighting anyone who wants to deliver Nigeria with their foot soldiers

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo, Letterhead Or Flier for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for Logo
https://forms.gle/qLqNHZFE3VF97SwD6
you mean the shithole citizen,who failed to build the country called Nigeria
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Baxilexi(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30
For those who doubt. Here’s some information for you… use opensource and other credible research outfits to learn more about the global crude oil black market of which Nigeria is a major player.
Even the sale of gold in Nigeria is underreported… story for another day.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/Oils-133-Billion-Black-Market.amp.html

Keep in mind that oil theft increase coincided with the Russian-Ukraine war… ever wondered why? Or how did Europe get LNG last winter?

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by smileyoo: 2:58pm On Jun 30
GloriousGbola:

i am tired of all these phantom announcements. if you cannot come with receipts and name names, then stfu
lol. but he said that he submitted the name of the person to your then fake anti-corruption president, who refused to take any action to recover it, but prefer to continue borrowing money from china and world bank.
APC don carry Nigeria dey go where we no know oooo.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by bentenny(m): 2:58pm On Jun 30
Lawal1555:

I won't stay quiet because I find it perplexing that someone with attentive ears couldn't hear the mention of the three agencies: NSA, House of Assembly, and AGF.
You are blowing grammar!
When you are done,you will go to the school you advised to learn how to mind your business!
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Yankee101: 2:59pm On Jun 30
2023 budget NGN23trn
2023:4 exchange rate 1500
23trn/1500=$14bn one year budget of federal govt

$69bn/$14bn is approximately 5 years or more than one tenure

You have to understand numbers to know 69 is not possible for only one person in one presidency

DeepSight:

We cant talk so long as you are tied to reported figures. Its like insisting on official figures when a black market and smuggling is being discussed. Its a non starter.

It seems to me you are not acquainted with the grand organized crime scene of crude theft in this country which has always existed and which reaches to the highest levels of government and international participation.

$69 billion is just two years FG current budget plus a little. Not even to account for state funds. You dont know what crude theft is, you just dont know, and you dont know what has gone on for years blatantly. More is stolen than received by the govt ab initio. More is stolen than ever gets into the official records at all.

1 Like

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Timmi: 2:59pm On Jun 30
hegu:
Forget this country. Its gone.

These same people will fighting anyone who wants to deliver Nigeria with their foot soldiers

Get a SUPER Professional Company Logo, Letterhead Or Flier for your Business for 2k Only

PAY AFTER SERVICE

Drop us Your Company name for Logo
https://forms.gle/qLqNHZFE3VF97SwD6

Oga hegu, tell us o who wants to deliver Nigeria!!!
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Ironbull: 3:00pm On Jun 30
DeepSight:

Pele. He mentioned "Patrick Aziza, former NSA" - But he must have meant "Azazi."

But did you remember to tell those morons who already blaming and insulting Tinubu that it was Azazi a Niger Delta man during Gej is the criminal? Read all comments you will them.

Thanks for the name.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by DeepSight(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30
Ironbull:

But did you remember to tell those morons who already blaming and insulting Tinubu that it was Azazi a Niger Delta man during Gej is the criminal? Read all comments you will them.

Thanks for the name.

I mentioned to one of them that this is before Tinubu.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Segzy19: 3:02pm On Jun 30
Look at this one. There are people richer than Dangote in this country but they can't defend their wealth because it is stolen wealth and they can't back it up with any industry or business.

Dangote is a businessman and tradesman. So his own wealth can be 'traced' to his businesses and can also be quoted by Forbes etc. but you see these politicians and retired generals, the foundation of their own wealth is basically from theft and corruption.

Dangote may be the richest Nigerian that we all know. There could be richer Nigerians but who are unknown due to the reason I have mentioned above

hkidola00:
but but dangote self isnt worth $65 billion,or he meant naira

1 Like

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by DeepSight(m): 3:05pm On Jun 30
Yankee101:
2023 budget NGN23trn
2023:4 exchange rate 1500
23trn/1500=$14bn one year budget of federal govt

$69bn/$14bn is approximately 5 years or more than one tenure

You have to understand numbers to know 69 is not possible for only one person in one presidency

No one said it's one presidency. Also when an NSA is involved it is also unlikely to be one person. You are talking a high level cabal including presidents.

As for your figures I don't know how many times I will tell you crude theft is not part of reported earnings.

It even exceeds reported earnings if you know anything about the oil industry.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by DeepSight(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30
Segzy19:
Look at this one. There are people richer than Dangote in this country but they can't defend their wealth because it is stolen wealth and they can't back it up with any industry or business.

Dangote is a businessman and tradesman. So his own wealth can be 'traced' to his businesses and can also be quoted by Forbes etc. but you see these politicians and retired generals, the foundation of their own wealth is basically from theft and corruption.

Dangote may be the richest Nigerian that we all know. There could be richer Nigerians but who are unknown due to the reason I have mentioned above

Thank you. When it was discovered how much Hosni Mubarak had, anyone should know the Forbes list is nothing.

1 Like

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Quincy10: 3:08pm On Jun 30
omoredia:
Na our division make this country a disaster today. U can't be divided and achieve anything.
what is worst is that we keep pretending we are united when deep down only super eagles match dey unit us all sad truth

1 Like

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Eriokanmi: 3:08pm On Jun 30
Treasure17:

Maybe Buhari.
Keep guessing. But no be for my.mouth you go hear this. No wonder the buhari-led administration didn't like the man
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by smileyoo: 3:10pm On Jun 30
It's saddening that some Nigerians are still supporting this demonic APC governments, even when it's now clear to the blind, that they are mortgaging the future of our youths and our future generations.
APC government have nothing to offer Nigerians, their government is like a rolling chair - all motion no movement.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by udemzyudex(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30
DevilsEqual:
$69Billion??

Hiws that even possible

Make una dey suffree dey lie na

From stolen crude oil, it is possible.

Watch the video.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by omoredia: 3:15pm On Jun 30
Quincy10:
what is worst is that we keep pretending we are united when deep down only super eagles match dey unit us all sad truth

The average Nigerian love lies. He can kiIl u for saying the truth
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by 1972xy: 3:16pm On Jun 30
Someone is nobody .
Who?
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by ujezeez(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30
Nigeria is indeed a fantastically corrupt Nation...
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by LadyExcellency: 3:22pm On Jun 30
hkidola00:
but but dangote self isnt worth $65 billion,or he meant naira

He called the name, Patrick Aziza
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by SocialJustice: 3:22pm On Jun 30
DevilsEqual:
$69Billion??

Hiws that even possible

Make una dey suffree dey lie na
Maybe he meant naira
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by unscripted(m): 3:23pm On Jun 30
Straybullet:
This fool that was always insulting everyone until he was dealt with, useless man. I'm not interested in whatever you want to say
are we not supposed to first shut this country down to get clarity on this accusation?.. follow the story through to America to be sure the 69b does not exist? ,, and if any one is culpable , have the person behind bars before the country returns to normal ,, this is the kind off Labour strike I will be willing to join ..
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by SocialJustice: 3:24pm On Jun 30
Pojomojo:
How old are you?
Nigeria's budget is like $20billion. The person will have to steal 3 years budget to get that amount. Wise up. It is impossible.

1 Like

Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Yankee101: 3:26pm On Jun 30
He said one person with 60 and Azazi with 9
You probably didn’t even listen to what you’re defending

DeepSight:

No one said it's one presidency. Also when an NSA is involved it is also unlikely to be one person. You are talking a high level cabal including presidents.

As for your figures I don't know how many times I will tell you crude theft is not part of reported earnings.

It even exceeds reported earnings if you know anything about the oil industry.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by RaptorX: 3:26pm On Jun 30
Obakoolex:
Sentiments apart, is it possible

Maybe he meant to say 69 billion Naira.
Naira in a Texas bank account?
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Balogunodua(m): 3:27pm On Jun 30
officialwdhtv:
"Someone stole $69 Billion USD and nothing was done about it" - Former Chairman of Presidential Panel for Recovery of Public Property (SPIP), Okoi Ofem Obono-Obla speaks on corruption in Nigerian government.

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcPqlcCFov4

69 billion dollars...thats an exaggeration.

Or maybe he meant to say 69 million dollars.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by RaptorX: 3:29pm On Jun 30
To those saying Nigeria does not have $69billion for anyone to steal, the man said from stolen crude oil not from government coffers. Stolen crude oil money is basically unlimited money, and not captured in government revenue or budget.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by DeepSight(m): 3:32pm On Jun 30
Yankee101:
He said one person with 60 and Azazi with 9
You probably didn’t even listen to what you’re defending

My dear brother, I listened carefully. He said one account had 69 billion - and referred to 9 billion of that same sum belonging to Azazi. One account, I repeat, one account. So that is clrealy a reference to a trust or proxy arrangement where the parties know who owns what within their arrangement.

This takes nothing away from the point, where you have an NSA involved with that single account, you are dealing with a group, a powerful group at the highest levels.

Perhaps it is you who didnt listen or is not reflecting - because a proxy arrangement does not even have to be obvious by the presence of an NSA on the record. A proxy could be anyone.
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Bluntemperor: 3:33pm On Jun 30
Ceejay94:
The idiot above me who posted Peter Obi's picture in mockery is a BASTARD. Is it Peter Obi that caused your family misery? Ozuoh!

You would not listen - Stop defending any Politicians,who were once sitting Governors ,because all of them na Multi- Dollar Billionaires!
Or have they declared their Accounts for you or are you a beneficiary?
Get sense now!
Re: "Someone Stole $69 Billion USD And Nothing Was Done About It" - Okoi Obono-obla by Yankee101: 3:34pm On Jun 30
I live in the US
You can’t place $69bn in an individuals account just like that directly from oil proceeds

Even the attorney general was mocking him about in front of his wife

Defend only what you’re sure of and can speak about authoritatively

DeepSight:

My dear brother, I listened carefully. He said one account had 69 billion - and referred to 9 billion of that same sum belonging to Azazi. One account, I repeat, one account. So that is clrealy a reference to a trust or proxy arrangement where the parties know who owns what within their arrangement.

This takes nothing away from the point, where you have an NSA involved with that single account, you are dealing with a group, a powerful group at the highest levels.

Perhaps it is you who didnt listen or is not reflecting - because a proxy arrangement does not even have to be obvious by the presence of an NSA on the record. A proxy could be anyone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aviation Ministry Declares War On Man Who Allegedly Leaked Info On N255m Cars / Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki / UNIPORT Lecturers Opt-out Of Rivers Re-run Election Over Wike’s Warning

Viewing this topic: VULCAN(m), BensonT, ppogba, ZBUGZY and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.